National Home Protection / Scam, Fraud, Rip off
I purchased a 1 year home warranty w/ National Home Protection on April 3, 2007. I found it thru online. I used the warranty for 3 services - 1 minor repair and the last 2 were a disaster! I didn't receive Home Depot card, no responses to emails, and never return calls. NHP ONLY sends me emails to remind renewal of policy. A person name Victor Hakim sent me numerous emails to purchase warranty and I sent him emails few times inquiring my Home Depot but never reply.
1. October 16, 2007 - Plumbing Problem in the Sink & Ceiling is Dripping Water from the Master's Bedroom (2nd floor)
I paid $45.00 service fee. Contractor mad a hole in the ceiling (downstair) in order to fix plumbing. Plumbing was fixed but left the ceiling with a hole. I reported to NHP about the unfinished job. I was told to hire someone to fix it and I will be reimbursed 100%. I hired someone and spent $225.00. I faxed copy of receipt to NHP. I called after a week and told me they never got the fax so I did the 2nd time. Month later, I called again, then I was told a different story - that I can only be reimbursed for $55.00($100.00 minus $45.00 service fee again) I asked to speak to the manager, transferred me to a name Michael Moore who was in the meeting, & I left a message. I did call him several times but never returned calls. He's always at meetings everyday! I spoke to one agent, and told me to email to Disputes. I did send twice. I finally got tired of it, so I told NHP to go ahead send my $55.00. I was told then that check will be mailed in few weeks. I called several times for follow-up & told me it's in the mail. I never got any check!
2. March 18, 2008 - Swimming Pool Pump Problem
I paid $45.00 service fee. Contractor reported NHP my pool needs a new motor. I was asked for a maintenance record before they can authorize a new motor. We don't carry any kind of record cuz we maintain our own pool on regular basis. NHP told me to send email to Disputes. I made follow up but I was denied due to no maintenance record. This was not specified in the agreement & policy. Other than that, they insisted that my policy is expiring soon and wants me to renew it. I told them, you refund my $225., do my pool service, and send my Home Depot, then I will renew my policy!
Please, people, DO NOT purchase your home warranty with NATIONAL HOME PROTECTION. Go online and you will find out all kinds of complains against NHP!!! Why is the business still on?
More National Home Protection Complaints & Reviews
- National Home Protection - Intimidating behavior and non-service! 
- National Home Protection - Class Action Lawsuit Filed 
- National Home Protection - Awful everything 
- National Home Protection - Fraud, No Service, Scam Artists, Misrepresentation 
- National Home Protection - Terrible service - denied claims! 
- National Home Protection - Bad service/ unable to contact
- National Home Protection - Scam 
- National Home Protection - Hello Anyone Home 
- National Home Protection - unable to reach company
- National Home Protection - Fraud and scam