National Fitness Financial / won't stop billing credit card

National Fitness Financial
I have fulfilled my 1 year contract for a personal trainer. I do have a copy of the contract but my copy is so faint that I cannot read it. I was informed by my gym that the contract is automatically renewed. I didn't have a clue this would happen. I sent a certified letter and have proof of delivery. When I call the company they say they have 30 days after receiving the letter to cancel the contract. My credit card has been charged for 2 months of services I did not receive even though I cancelled my membership and have put the transactions in dispute. Should I just close my credit card? I am so aggravated. I like the gym and I really didn't want to cancel my membership with the gym, only the personal trainer contract.

N  7th of Jul, 2009 by
As far as the charges are concerned, contact your bank and dispute the charges.

As for the membership, I would return to the gym with all the information you have, and request a copy of your original contract. Even if your contract is faded, they should have a copy at the gym also.

If worse comes to worse, ask to speak with a Manager.
A  28th of Oct, 2009 by
I am pursuing a complaint against National Fitness Financial for fraudulent consumer practices. I am following the guidelines set out by the Attorney General in my state, Colorado. I suggest that all of you do the same. It is likely I will have to end up working with the Federal Trade Commission as the company is based in Utah. National Fitness practices clearly violates Colorado law and it may violate your state's law also. Log onto your Attorney General's web page and start taking matters into your own hands. If we all act we can put a stop to this so that others do not have this aggravation. Grass Roots Work!
Jean M. Evergreen Colorado
A  18th of Dec, 2009 by
They did the same to me. I canceled my card and next thing I know, it's on my credit report. 2 years later, I'm still fighting with them. They don't get any easier to deal with, and they don't get any nicer either. My complaint with them is the following:
I signed a 2 year contract with Ladies Workout Express. A year or so later, I accepted a job in another state and went to Ladies Workout Express to cancel my membership. I signed some forms and was told that I had to give 30 days notice, so I should see one more automatic payment come out of my account. Three automatic payments later, I finally closed that bank account because they wouldn't stop taking my payments. Further, the gym has since closed, and Fitness Financial has now put on my credit report that I owe them $120. I called them to work out the details and they claim I never terminated my contract. Later, in the same conversation, they claimed that I sent them a letter terminating my contract but that my account had already gone to collections by then. I explained to them that I could prove when I moved out of state, and they said that since it's in collections, that doesn't matter anymore. So, I asked if they'd lower the payment amount, even though it's technically them that owes me money, not the other way around. I just want it off my credit report. She put me on hold, then came back and said I could pay them $80 to make it all go away. I offered $50 and explained to them that I have already paid them far more money than they were entitled to. She told me that the $80 is no longer valid and neither is the $120. She said my price has gone up, but she wouldn't tell me how much. I asked to speak to her manager, but she told me her manager doesn't take phone calls. I asked if her manager would return my call. She said she might, but it would take 7-14 days. She wouldn't tell me the manager's name or the manager's boss's name, either. She told me that if I want to get this taken care of, that she is the only person I can talk to.

National Fitness Logo National Fitness