National Credit Solutions / NCS on your credit?

1 Oklahoma City, OK, United States Review updated:

NCS will be launching a new consumer friendly website in the near future. We are working on opening up the lines of communication to better inform consumers who are going through the collections process.

For anyone who has been reading any NCS bloggs and has questions I would love to help you and walk you through the process; however you need to contact the office so we can speak in person. To ensure compliance with federal laws pertaining to debt collection, we are unable to correspond electronically. The reason I can not give you any assistance via email is due to third-party disclosure (someone might read the email and NCS is held liable for the unauthorized disclosure of collections activities to an outside party) We want to help you, but we also want to do everything according to the law. Please feel free to call the office at [protected] I have listed our hours below.

11am- 8pm Monday
11am- 6pm Tuesday
11am- 9pm Wednesday
11am- 8pm Thursday
11am- 5pm Friday
Central Standard time

If you call in and simply provide your personal information our Debt Resolution Specialists can look up your file and transfer you to your Account Manager.

We also have a FAQ blog coming soon.

Some questions that will be answered are
• What kind of agency is National Credit Solutions
• Who regulates a collections agency?
• What tools does NCS use to collect?
• Is it legal for NCS to report to my credit
• Do I have to pay extra fees to NCS in addition to the principle balance?
• Does NCS have to provide proof of purchase before collection?
• Will my account be closed if I send in a complaint?
• What is the best way to dispute a debt?
• Should I contact the original creditor?
• How can I prove this debt is not mine?

A personal note addressing some questions I have been asked:

• If you have moved and currently have a new address it helps to call in and correct the information so you can receive any reminders for payments, receipts, or notifications concerning your account. You should have received an initial letter 5 days after any contact with NCS informing you of your balance and your rights. If you have found something on your credit report and haven’t received a notice from NCS yet please contact our office so that we can get you the information you need as quickly as possible.

• If you contact NCS and make a request for payment in full (PIF) your account will be closed and the Credit Bureau will be contacted. We will request that the collection be deleted from your credit report entirely. NCS reports to the Credit Bureau with any updates to your credit every Friday. This ensures quicker updates than many other agencies out there. All that NCS can do however is notify the Credit Bureau and after that it is their obligation to make any changes as they see fit. The time that it takes to see any immediate results or removal varies.

• If you are seeing the date of December 2008 this is when National Credit Solutions received your actual account, this is NOT the date that indicates when the actual transaction occurred NOR does this date effect the fall-off date of the collection on your credit. The fall-off date for the collection on your credit is seven years from the last activity on the account. Your credit report will have this date listed. NCS does not “re-age” any accounts or manipulate any information illegally. NCS operates in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). We are licensed and working continuously to adhere to different stipulations that vary from state to state. We follow a strict code of ethics and treat every one of our consumers respectfully.

• There are some consequences that come from leaving a collection report on your credit and waiting for 7 years for it to fall off. These consequences include but are not limited to drastic changes in your credit score, high interest rates, high insurance premiums, and difficulty acquiring loans or purchasing a house or car and may affect job eligibility. For more information on Your Rights: Credit Reporting & Credit Reports & Scoring visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/credit.shtm

• If you know that you owe money but have questions about the actual amount you can call into the NCS office and ask a Debt Resolution Representative for a breakdown of the principle balance as well as any late fees or interest accrued.

This information is not to be construed as legal advice. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Every effort has been made to assure that this information is correct and up-to-date. This is not a full and exhaustive explanation of the law nor should it be used as or considered legal council.

If you wish to contact NCS:

MAILING
PO Box 15779
OKC, OK [protected]

Main Number:
[protected]

Because I am advising you to contact NCS I must state by law:
National Credit Solutions is a debt collection company. This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.

The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provides that a debt collector may not use any false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of debt. Section 807 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provides that "false, deceptive, or misleading representation" includes the failure to disclose the mini Miranda in the oral or written communication with the consumer and in addition to this within five days after first contact, the debt collector must send a written notice advising the consumer of the amount of money owed; the name of the creditor to whom the money is owed; and the actions which the consumer may take if the consumer believes that he, or she, does not owe the money.
Thank you for your patience and I hope that I was able to help you in some way. Dealing with debt can be scary or unpleasant but NCS can help. We strive to make the payment process as easy and quick as possible for you. Getting your debt resolved and keeping you satisfied is our first priority.

Comments

• Te
      16th of Feb, 2010

YOU SUCK ###

• De
      7th of May, 2010

I believe the above "complaint" by Lisa19072 is in violation of FTC guidelines for contact concerning debt collection. If this person is in the employ of NCS, NCS could be held liable in court for harassing contact.

• La
      10th of Jun, 2010

All you have to do is call Capital Assistance Group, 866-761-6582. You give them your name, and the old address, they will tell you how much you owe, and then you send them a money order for that amount.

Their address is

Capital Assistance Group
    2 Wells Avenue
    Newton, Ma 02459

The will not give you any other information regarding the debt, probably becuase they really dont have the paperwork. But this way, you get it off your credit report, and you dont have to pay NCS fees.

• La
      10th of Jun, 2010

Sorry, this is for BMG or Columbia house debt, but I assume if you are reading this, you googled this phone number becuase of NCS coming up on your credit report, for an old BMG or Columbia House account. I have exhausted all efforts to deal with this. I unfortunately paid NCS, but this is what you will need to do to pay it. I went all other routes, called 201-777-3603, sony corportate councel. Then was referred to Lauran Miller 212-930-4528. Who then said columbia house dvd stills exists and is in Pennsylvania, so I called 717-918-2665. You then said I have to call Capital Assist, 800-317-7249, but they were no help so I got a manager on the phone. Who then said the debt was owned by capital assist, 866-761-6582, which goes straight to voice mail, i zero'd out, got an operator on, she transferred me, and spoke to someone regarding debt. The debt is now owned by Capital Assist, sold by BMG and is being services by NCS in Oklahoma. By the way, NCS BBB rating is B and has 439 complains against them. In any case, if you deal direct with Capital Assist Group, they will tell you how much you owe, and where to send payment too.

Capital Assistance Group
    2 Wells Avenue
    Newton, Ma 02459

Reference you acct # and money order of amount owed. This will clear up debt, and not have to pay NCS fees. Sorry NCS, just stating truth like you.

1st of Dec, 2010

look take the time and file a complaint with the FTC and the BBB and follow thru. dispute the charge, if we file enough complaints with the ftc they will be investigated. This seems to be a scam, Don't let them get you. Go to the FTC website and file a complaint on these guys, if enough people file they will be investigated.
    National Credit Solutions
    ADDRESS: PO Box 15779
    Oklahoma City, OK 73155-0779

PHONE: 405 619-3630

23rd of Feb, 2011

capital assitant groups number is 1-617-965-2000 the pres is steve sands ext 2105 he might help but th head honcho is richard martin ext3869 he is a cool guy and is the one in charge of the bmg files he wii look it up for u and also send u a letter and also if ur diputing it hes awere of ncs nasty ways so dont deal with NCS DEAl with ORIGINAL DEBTOR CCS for BMG music club thank u all and who ever from NCS posted that message is breaking the The Fair Debt Collections Practices Act so i hope this helps u all love u all have a great day

23rd of Feb, 2011

plz listen to me that person from NCS is wrong they work for ccs thats who u need to call up above, it works trust me u hear me trust me plz the numbers r posted above love u guys u need any help contact me and i will walk u through the process sending love out to all u suffering souls i felt ur pain but, it will go away if u do as i said, love u