National Credit Solutions / NCS on your credit?
NCS will be launching a new consumer friendly website in the near future. We are working on opening up the lines of communication to better inform consumers who are going through the collections process.
For anyone who has been reading any NCS bloggs and has questions I would love to help you and walk you through the process; however you need to contact the office so we can speak in person. To ensure compliance with federal laws pertaining to debt collection, we are unable to correspond electronically. The reason I can not give you any assistance via email is due to third-party disclosure (someone might read the email and NCS is held liable for the unauthorized disclosure of collections activities to an outside party) We want to help you, but we also want to do everything according to the law. Please feel free to call the office at [protected] I have listed our hours below.
11am- 8pm Monday
11am- 6pm Tuesday
11am- 9pm Wednesday
11am- 8pm Thursday
11am- 5pm Friday
Central Standard time
If you call in and simply provide your personal information our Debt Resolution Specialists can look up your file and transfer you to your Account Manager.
We also have a FAQ blog coming soon.
Some questions that will be answered are
• What kind of agency is National Credit Solutions
• Who regulates a collections agency?
• What tools does NCS use to collect?
• Is it legal for NCS to report to my credit
• Do I have to pay extra fees to NCS in addition to the principle balance?
• Does NCS have to provide proof of purchase before collection?
• Will my account be closed if I send in a complaint?
• What is the best way to dispute a debt?
• Should I contact the original creditor?
• How can I prove this debt is not mine?
A personal note addressing some questions I have been asked:
• If you have moved and currently have a new address it helps to call in and correct the information so you can receive any reminders for payments, receipts, or notifications concerning your account. You should have received an initial letter 5 days after any contact with NCS informing you of your balance and your rights. If you have found something on your credit report and haven’t received a notice from NCS yet please contact our office so that we can get you the information you need as quickly as possible.
• If you contact NCS and make a request for payment in full (PIF) your account will be closed and the Credit Bureau will be contacted. We will request that the collection be deleted from your credit report entirely. NCS reports to the Credit Bureau with any updates to your credit every Friday. This ensures quicker updates than many other agencies out there. All that NCS can do however is notify the Credit Bureau and after that it is their obligation to make any changes as they see fit. The time that it takes to see any immediate results or removal varies.
• If you are seeing the date of December 2008 this is when National Credit Solutions received your actual account, this is NOT the date that indicates when the actual transaction occurred NOR does this date effect the fall-off date of the collection on your credit. The fall-off date for the collection on your credit is seven years from the last activity on the account. Your credit report will have this date listed. NCS does not “re-age” any accounts or manipulate any information illegally. NCS operates in compliance with the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). We are licensed and working continuously to adhere to different stipulations that vary from state to state. We follow a strict code of ethics and treat every one of our consumers respectfully.
• There are some consequences that come from leaving a collection report on your credit and waiting for 7 years for it to fall off. These consequences include but are not limited to drastic changes in your credit score, high interest rates, high insurance premiums, and difficulty acquiring loans or purchasing a house or car and may affect job eligibility. For more information on Your Rights: Credit Reporting & Credit Reports & Scoring visit http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/credit.shtm
• If you know that you owe money but have questions about the actual amount you can call into the NCS office and ask a Debt Resolution Representative for a breakdown of the principle balance as well as any late fees or interest accrued.
This information is not to be construed as legal advice. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. Every effort has been made to assure that this information is correct and up-to-date. This is not a full and exhaustive explanation of the law nor should it be used as or considered legal council.
If you wish to contact NCS:
PO Box 15779
OKC, OK [protected]
Because I am advising you to contact NCS I must state by law:
National Credit Solutions is a debt collection company. This is an attempt to collect a debt and any information obtained will be used for that purpose.
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provides that a debt collector may not use any false, deceptive, or misleading representation or means in connection with the collection of debt. Section 807 of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act provides that "false, deceptive, or misleading representation" includes the failure to disclose the mini Miranda in the oral or written communication with the consumer and in addition to this within five days after first contact, the debt collector must send a written notice advising the consumer of the amount of money owed; the name of the creditor to whom the money is owed; and the actions which the consumer may take if the consumer believes that he, or she, does not owe the money.
Thank you for your patience and I hope that I was able to help you in some way. Dealing with debt can be scary or unpleasant but NCS can help. We strive to make the payment process as easy and quick as possible for you. Getting your debt resolved and keeping you satisfied is our first priority.
More National Credit Solutions Complaints & Reviews
- National Credit Solutions - Inaccurate credit reporting for BMG debt 
- National Credit Solutions - Scam and cheating 
- National Credit Solutions - bmg music 
- National Credit Solutions - Item on Credit Report for BMG Music 
- National Credit Solutions - Hollywood video 
- National Credit Solutions - harrasment 
- National Credit Solutions - Hollywood Video Late fees 
- National Credit Solutions - Derogatory Mark on Credit Report 
- National Credit Solutions - Movie Gallery Debt 
- National Credit Solutions - Fraudulent Debt Reporting