My Perfect Resume / money taken with out knowledge

United States Review updated:

First they said it is free, but you have top pay at the end a few bucks ok. I canceled a few days later and the nightmare began. They never canceled the account and have charged be so far $40 total that they do not have record of. The service is very poor, the lady stated the man never canceled, then found record of my call and said it was not canceled in time. But i was charged a week after "they did cancel" it. Two weeks after that I was charged for an open/closed account. Now im fighting with them for a refund.

Mr
Jul 25, 2014

Comments

• Li
      Jul 29, 2014

Jul 29, 2014

Hi Mr. Hall,

I'm very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. I would appreciate if you would contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account so that I can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

• La
      Aug 15, 2015
    My Perfect Resume - undisclosed billing
    Australia

I, too, was prepared to pay the initial costs for assistance in preparing an acceptable resume (May 2017).

I recently arrived in Australia and needed help in submitting a professional resume in order to secure employment.

It was not made clear that I would be charged $35.00 per month for this service. Had I been aware of this I would have definitely made alternative arrangements. The fact is I cannot continue, financially, to make these payments and have no choice but to cancel this service.

Sheila Langridge

Aug 18, 2015

Hi Sheila Langridge,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. All of our subscriptions are auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal upon purchase. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me if you have any further issues. Please email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

Aug 31, 2015
    My Perfect Resume - unauthorized charges after unsubscribing.
    1 Hallidie Plaza
    myperfectresume.com

I signed up for My Perfect Resume for one month subscription at $3.95 which was charged immediately. Yesterday 30 August 2017 which was 2 weeks after joining I cancelled my subscription. The next day 31 August 2017 I notice a $52 charge on my credit card. I would like a complete refund and to ensure this doesn't happen to anyone else. I have emailed the company with no response. My next move is to have my bank dispute the charge. My cancellation confirmation number is 36089794.

Disgusting behavior.

Sep 17, 2015
    My Perfect Resume - charged for nothing
    One Hallidie Plaza, Suite 306
    California

I have opened My perfect resume free site to try creating my resume. At the end of it I was charged some $3 plus, I was annoyed you weren’t upfront about it, but I paid nevertheless.
    Since then I was charged USD 35.80 on 11 August and on 8 September, which amounted to NZD 54.94, plus my bank’s offshore service margins fee.
    You have undermined the trust of the public by conducting business this way. I see now there are plenty complaints, about this very thing, from many people taken for a ride. Did you change your website in response to these complaints? No. That’s why I feel a scam is an appropriate term for this practice

Viola Mapperson

Sep 18, 2015

Hi Viola Mapperson,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. The free account gives you the ability to try out the Resume Builder to get a feel for how it works, and see what it has to offer before deciding to purchase. There is no cost to TRY it out. At this time we do offer free text (.txt) download of your resume. But if you would like a professionally formatted version you need to subscribe.
    We also explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.

We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

Dec 11, 2015
    My Perfect Resume - resume
    myperfectresume.com

The website advertised a charge of $1.95 to use their resume services. Now, a month later, I am being charged $35 and do not know why. I have written them two e-mails and will try to call them as soon as their customer service center opens today. I think this borders on illegal.

Dec 12, 2015

Greetings Reviewer69457, I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. The auto renewal is listed with the features of the 14 day subscription on the sales page, as well as on the payment and confirmation pages. We also send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings. We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team.

Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at [protected]@livecareer.com as well you can check your inbox, I have send you a private message to assist you further more with your concerns.

Best Regards,