Musician's Friend (www.MusiciansFriend.com) / Incompetent and non-responsive company

I ordered a Gibson RB-250 Mastertone banjo from Musician's Friend on the web (www.musiciansfriend.com <http://www.musiciansfriend.com/> ) several months ago. The item was backordered for some time, and I don't blame Musician's Friend for that. However, when the item was shipped it went to the wrong address. After they cancelled then reissued my order, presumably due to the backorder problems, they failed to transfer the correct shipping address to the reissued order. When I initially received this reissue confirmation, I tried emailing them from the Contact page on their website to let them know that the shipping address was wrong. That was months ago and I have yet to get a response.

The instrument is supposed to be delivered to the wrong address sometime this week, and since I won't be in town this week there's not much chance I'll get it. When I got the shipping notice I tried emailing them again, got no response, so I called. While the lady I talked to was very sympathetic and apologetic for this problem, there was nothing she could do to help. Hopefully UPS won't just leave it on the doorstep, if they do, it'll be gone by the time I get back.

I'm screwed and won't use this company again, and hopefully someone else will see this before they decide to purchase anything from these incompetent and non-responsive people.

D  28th of Nov, 2008 by
BBB Rating

Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of D+.

Reasons for this rating include:
Number of complaints filed against business.
Number of complaints filed against business that were not resolved.

Business Contact and Profile

Draper, UT 84020
Website: www.musiciansfriend.com
Original Business Start Date: October 1983
Principal: Mr Paul Christensen, Complaint Contact
Customer Contact: Mr Paul Christensen, Complaint Contact - (801) 501-9551 or paul.christensen@musiciansfriend.com
Email Address: cpurkey@musiciansfriend.com
Industry Classification: Musical Instruments-Dealers, Internet Shopping Services, Mail Order & Catalog Shopping, Recording Service-Sound & Video
BBB Accreditation: This company is not a BBB Accredited business.
Additional DBA Names: Musician's Friend
Musician's Friend, Inc.
A  22nd of Jun, 2010 by
Just invested over $2K with them just to lose $1500 more! My recording interface and software made it onto the packing list, but not into the shipping box. They have no regard for the fact that their mistake has cost me money - no regard for the fact that I wasn't just buying a product from them, but also the service of having it shipped. I am going to get a resolution that makes me feel a little less robbed!

Musician's Friend Logo Musician's Friend