Mumbai University / Poor service!

1 India Review updated:

The University of Mumbai and its prestige is merely a farce. The following experience of mine might elaborate the statement.

My 7th semester (Engineering) results came on 23rd of February 2007 and to my surprise, I couldn't succeed to clear one of the subjects. As per the university norms, I applied for the photocopy of the answer sheet on 28th of February 2007. It took 45 days (they promise 21 days) for the university to take the photocopy of my answer sheet and send it back to me! The frustration doesn't end here.

Since I was not satisfied with the assessment, I applied for revaluation on 17th April 2007. Today is 12th of July and the university has proved that they are incapable of producing the reevaluated answer sheet even after a period of 86 days (they promise 45 days in the form). That too after levying a charge of Rs.500 for it. I have now re-appeared for this paper and had to do it amidst my 8th semester exams. What kind of administration takes more than two and a half months to make sure that their students are paid fair attention?
I am still waiting for my reevaluated result after taking my ATKT
examination. Now if I clear this subject after revaluation as per my expectations, then why did the university force me through this extra practice for the subject?

I'd like to state here that I have never failed to clear any subject so far, in my many years of education (my aggregate always being above75%) and therefore, this one episode is a black spot marring my spotless record.
Further, It is going to affect my opportunities and studies. Even if we believe the university side that I have flunked in the subject, we cannot justify the delay in the report delivery. They say justice delayed is justice denied. In my case I have been denied justice.

-S. Shah
Mumbai

Comments

• Ti
      15th of Jul, 2007

Will RTI help? I am just happy that i am ending my relationship with this university soon.

1st of Oct, 2008

Respected Sir/Madam,
    This is with regarding the marks not given to me by the University. According to the University, we get grace marks in final T.Y.B.Sc Year if we do the N.S.S course of completing the 120 hrs. social service work for the whole academic period. Now, I am in need of that grace marks. I am working for BARC, Tarapur. I am going to get the upper post if I get 60% marks in T.Y.B.Sc. Now, I tried 3 times but unable to get it. In this year I got 58% marks. But the NSS marks are not included. The benefit of ten (10) marks as per Ordinance 229-A, University of Mumbai in the prescribed manner.I completed the course of two years and eligible to get 20 marks which zooms my percentage more than 60%. I am having the certificate of the completed course. My University Enrolment No. is EL/545/1999/ Dated 31.03.99Now, please tell me what should I do to get that marks . I am totally helpless and needs someone who can help me out.Please do your best and guide me in this proble m. My mobile No. is 9220558165, & c/o Nos. are 9869775749, 9920270018, 9226768175.

• Ra
      18th of Nov, 2008

Respected sir/madam,
    i am passout my tybcom examination on oct 2007but my fybcom atkt is not cleared on that date. now i am passout my atkt exam on mar 2008. sir, i am submitted my fybcom and sybcom marksheet in univercity on 31st oct2008.but i cannot get reply on your side.
    so, plese help me as early as possible

• Kh
      8th of Mar, 2009

according to me this is a fault of " MU " & strict action should be taken on mumbai university "which is just only a stamp due to their nonsence prof. & staff.
    they only creating problem for the student i pray to God "please do same with their family & childrean so they can understand how the pain pains"