Mr. Tire / Repair work

1 425 Manchester RoadWestminster, MD, United States Review updated:

Took my truck up for a diagnostic check, because it had been running poorly. I got a call back from the Service Manager, telling me the problem was one of the ignition coils, then he proceded to list suggestive services based on milage, his words, not mine. He told me because the truck had 100, 000 miles, I should have a fuel service system flush, a tune-up, serpentine belt, and an air filter because it was dirty. I told him no thanks on the suggested services, but to take care of the problem part. Now before I go any futher, I used to be a service manager for Mr. Tire, not this location, and I know for a fact most techs and salesman try to sell the fuel flush because they earn a spiff ( i.e bonus) from it. The serpetine belt on my truck had just been replaced a month ago. I'll give them credit for the air filter but thats about it. Anyway, He calls me up, tells me it's ready go . I get up there pay, engage in a little small talk, and out the door I go. The shop is less than a mile down the road from me, and I was in a hurry, so I didn't really take it out to see how it was reunning. Got home, parked it for the night. Went out to the store the next morning, and it was running like crap. Took it back up to Mr. Tire, and asked why its running the same way it did when I brought it in yesterday? Answer well ... ah... let me look it up, Right! you don't have a clue there genius do you? The sanding next to him states " isn't that the one we recommended get a tune up, RECOMMENDED A TUNE-UP! I paid for diagnostic time, you told me the problem was the #5 coil. When I left last night you stated that everything was running fine. WTF! Anyway to make a long story short, got nothing from the store level, nothing from corp. offices, I filed a complaint with the Baltimore Office of Consumer Complaints. I hope you choke on the $300.00 you got from me JOEY T.

Ja

Comments

• Mi
      2nd of Apr, 2009

Joey you failed to menton what fixed your problem. It very apparently was running ok when you drove it home.

• Ky
      3rd of May, 2009

Hey Joey, if you get this write to me and let me know what you did to resolve the problem, I am having a similar issue with the Eldersburg Mr. Tire. notfreefall (at) gmail.com

Thanks

• Eg
      10th of May, 2010

Joey I feel your pain! Westminster store ruined my hub and charged me $230.00 to do it!They told me Thats the way we always do it put back on car it will be fine! Very unprofessional. Corp.office did nothing for me either.