Minime Custom bobbleheads / Misrepresentation

If we had known that this company outsourced its work to China, we never would have purchased the bobblehead to begin with. There were extra charges for making the head bobble, for adding a miniscule logo, for everything. We sent a very clear photo for them to use and the finished product looked nothing like the photo - nothing! It looked as much like the photo as I look like Angelina Jolie and I'm a middle-aged woman with glasses. They did send photos for us to proof but none of them looked like the photo we sent. Since it was going on 5 months since our initial order, we just finally accepted the last photo. Terrible company. Would never order from them again nor would I recommend them to anyone else.

Ao

Comments

• Me
      18th of May, 2012

I ordered 8 and was disappointed with every single one. I sent great photos and they couldn't make a single one look like the person. The advertised examples didn't even resemble the finished product. One sculpture showed a thin figure at a singing at a mic. Finished product was a short, stumpy body with totally different shoes and foot position. I ordered it because the body in example was similar to the person I was giving it too. Now I have a short chunky looking figure to give to a tall thin girl. Why did they misrepresent what the body would look like? Colors were all off, photos they sent were small and dark. All the male sculptures I ordered resembled actor Steve Carell and not the photos I sent. If I knew they were made overseas by people who can't understand a simple sentence like "blonde hair" I would never have ordered these figurines. They were expensive and cheesy. Total rip off. My blonde haired bobble heads looked orange, brown, & yellow. They gave all our female figures huge noses! I mean huge cartoon noses. I kept rejecting the photos until I finally gave up. I am going to try and have my brother who is a real artist, try and fix the terrible painting and odd colors. Don't give this company a single dime. You will be so disappointed.

• Al
      25th of Jun, 2012

OMG! Ordered 3 and disappointed with all of them! I am a girl and they made me look like a boy. Sent great pics and all 3 figurines look nothing like pics. When they send you proofs the pictures are so small you can not really judge the likeness to the picture. After each rejection they sent me new pictures of the same thing, but at a different angle. Do not waste your hard earned $$$. Find a reputable American dealer you can actually speak with. Groupon needs to be more discriminating re: the coupons they sell! Will be much more critical before buying a Groupon coupon again.

• Wd
      26th of Jun, 2012

mini me is a waste of money I bought 2 of the groupon promo and both of them doesnt look like the picture i send to them. I was so disappointed. I bought them as a gift it end up they as a waste.

• La
      16th of Aug, 2012

TERRIBLE. Never again. The statue looks absolutely nothing like the pictures I sent. They allow you to make modifications but then do not understand your simple instructions. They keep making the same mistakes and you keep having to repeat your instructions and then finally you get a message telling you that you have reached your maximum amount of modifications and will have to pay for each additional modification when THEY are the reason you keep having to submit the same modification over and over again. Their communication skills are terrible; they answer emails with short answers that don't address the problem at all. With the (VERY) expensive cost of the statues, you would think you'd be getting a top-notch service and meanwhile you're treated like you're getting a free awful service.

• Bc
      7th of Nov, 2012

I ordered mine 11 months ago! For the past 8 months I have received nothing unless I ask and them it's only emails thanking me for my patience and assuring me they will have the artist make my order a priority. When I asked for my money back, they told me that I could cancel the order, but the money would be returned. The service is terrible and reading the above reviews I am concerned that if I ever receive my order it will be nothing like I expect. A TERRIBLE experience!!!

• Ti
      27th of Dec, 2012

Same here. I ordered 13 months ago. Since then, the dog in the sculpture has died and all I get from them is an apology that it DOES take a long time. REALLY? I cannot find them on the BBB or I'd file a complaint. So disappointed. They said they'd refund my money through Paypal. How about just giving me my statue - which probably looks like poop based on the above comments...

• Re
      14th of Aug, 2013

This is exactly what I experienced at custombobbleheads.com.. You pay outrageous bucks and get back a crappy doll that truely doesnt resemble the pictures you sent them. You are not told everything up front( nickle and dimed for "extras" after the order is placed) and dealing with the Chineese is mega frustrating... they do not address your requests properly! All custom bobbleheads are made in China so expect sloppy paint jobs, poor bodies, unresembling heads. In short, you don't get what you ordered. The e-mail "proof" system the use does not truely reflect what you get. BUYER BEWARE!!! Do not even think of ordering custom bobble heads. YOU WILL BE SORRY! Save yourself the time, money, and energy.

• Gi
      2nd of Dec, 2013

I ordered one for my mum and it looks so awful they gave her a huge nose with what looks like some mole spot bump on the end, and a huge forehead! I mean it's terrible, is there no legal action we can take, i spend £30 on groupon to then find hidden charges meaning i ended up spending £60 after postage, and no way is this even worth £10! They keep sending me back the same thing from a different angle! I'm really not happy to just accept there awful proofs, does anyone know some way i can take this further?