Midland Mortgage / WILL NOT RELEASE INSURANCE FUNDS FOR REPAIRS

1 OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-654-4566

I HAD A SLAB LEAK BACK IN FEB 2011, FILED A CLAIM WITH INSURANCE COMPANY WHO HAD TO MAKE CHECK PAYABLE TO MIDLAND MORTGAGE, THEY HAVE NOT RELEASED FUNDS FOR REPAIRS THEY SAY DUE TO MISSING DOCUMENTS REQUIRED, I HAVE FAXED OVER EVERYTHING THEY HAVE ASKED FOR MULTI TIMES AND THEY CONTINUE TO SAY THEY DID NOT RECEIVE. LEFT NUMEROUS VOICE MESSAGES, NO RETURNED CALLS WE ARE NOW HEADING INTO MID JUNE 2011 STILL HAVE HOLES IN MY WALLS ...HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Comments

• Je
      1st of Jul, 2011

I'm in the SAME exact boat that you are in. I had hail damage on my house. The insurance company wrot me a check, and put Midland Mortgage on there as well. This happend 2 months ago (April 27). The company sent me a packet to fill out. After jumping through alot of hoops and tape, I sent them everything they requested. NOW, they still have my check that they havent endorsed yet. Today, they told me that they are sending it back because I had to endorse it first. In the mean time, my roofer is getting VERY impatient with me, which I don''t blame him, becaue I owe him money for the roof that he replaced over a month ago. I feel that MIDLAND MORTGAGE COMPANY is giving us, THE CUSTOMER, a run around. I have never been behind on my payments and am being treated as if I'm intending on defrauding them from MY insurance check. Now I have half a completed house finished, and no money to pay for the work already done. This "POLICY" is bull ###! We need help! Our house is not in good shape, and we are poor working Americans trying to do whats right! Stop with all the bull cram Midland, this is unfair to YOUR customers!!!

14th of Aug, 2011

We are in the same boat! In April of 2011 we suffered damage to our home from a natural disaster. Our insurance adjuster estimated our damage to be nearly $15, 000 and made the check out to both myself and midland mortgage. After sending in all required paperwork, it took nearly 2 months for midland mortgage to finally send the first disbursement of money payable to the contractor, who mind you had already replaced the roof. Once the contractor deposited the check, midland denied him the fund because he did not correctly endorse the check. I have spoken with several different representatives, all of whom have no idea how this company works, yet feel entitled to give false information. I requested an inspection to be completed in order to pay my contractor for the work that had been completed, and while I was assured the paperwork had been submitted, approved, and received by an inspector 4 days prior to this phone call, I was shown by the inspector himself that the fax with my information and request came in 9 minutes after that precise phone call. Once my inspection was sent in, and I followed every direction in receiving a second disbursement, I was sent a letter in the mail stating my claim could not be processed until a final disbursement form was completed. This form, not only states it is a FINAL disbursement, but also requires both mine and the contractors signature stating all repairs are 100% complete. Their guidelines specifically state we must have an inspection when repairs are 50% complete, and a second disbursement will be sent out. Nowhere does it state this form is required until our request for a THIRD and FINAL disbursement, that it then requires our signatures to state that all repairs are 100% complete. Why on earth would we sign a form stating repairs are 100% complete when they are not? However, Midland sent a letter stating this form is required with all inspections, yet it is not in any directions in the loss draft packet I received from them, nor did either of the 2 representatives, supervisor, or representative for the Vice president tell me I needed this form. So, they have not only denied my contractor his first payment, they have held his second payment until a form is completed; a form that states all of the work is done when he, I, the inspector and ALL inspection paperwork clearly states that only 85% if the work is complete. Getting a supervisor or someone with authority and knowledge to call me back or get on the phone is a nightmare. Every time I request to speak to one, I get put on hold under the impression the representative is getting someone, only to have the exact representative return to the phone to tell me information she "sees" on her computer, it recently took 3 requests for the girl to finally transfer me to her supervisor. This service is unacceptable, and by them holding our $15, 000 check in their bank they are making interest off of it each month. It has been 5 months now and not only should this be settled and paid out, any interest received off our check should be divided amongst them and me, who the check was clearly made out to by the insurance company I pay monthly in order to have homeowners insurance. With the mortgage company holding our check, all further repairs have been halted, understandably so, until our contractor receives at least the funds needed to pay his balance up to date. We are now 5 months without siding, gutters, screens, or air conditioner repair, which should have all been completed months ago.

• Sh
      15th of Feb, 2013

I am a contractor that contracted to a homeowner to do repairs to her home that were covered by insurance proceeds from storm damage. Received the check from the insurance company that was made out to the homeowner as well as her mortgage company, Midland Mortgage. I sent the check in, as well as the estimate of repairs, the contract between myself and the homeowner, my tax information, and the insurance company's explanation of benefits to Midland Mortgage to be signed off on and returned for payment of repairs. Midland Mortgage did not call, communicate or send any info. I called to check the status of the check and they refused to speak to me (even after them having a copy of a signed, legal contract between the homeowner and I) I advised the homeowner and she called and advised them to add me to her accounts contact list, they refused unless she sent a notarized copy in. We finally got that done, then they sent her several sheets of paper to fill out and that I had to fill out (which was overkill due to the fact they were the same type of documents that I had already sent them) we filled those out and sent them in...still nothing. Called them back and they are requesting a copy of the insurance company's adjusters report (explanation of benefits). I advised them that I had already sent that to them, they stated it was not on proper insurance company letterhead. I advised them that the insurance company had hired an independent adjusting firm to handle the file. They said "that wasn't their problem", and they needed it on insurance company letterhead. I called the insurance company and they stated that it was ridiculous, but they would do it id they received the request from the mortgage company. I called back Midland mortgage company and they stated that "it wasnt their job to request anything from the insurance company". They have now had the check for going on 3 months drawing interest on it and refuse to release it. I am also a licensed insurance adjuster here in Texas and know that Texas Department of Insurance requires mortgage companies to sign off on and return insurance checks to the insured within 30 days or show just cause why they did not. I m going to report them to the TDI. This is outrageous! I have never dealt with such as this before. Everytime I ask to speak to a supervisor, they send me to a voice mail that never gets answered and I never get a call back.