Microsoft Lottery Incorporation / Lottery scam

1 Canada Review updated:

The first email was sent to me by Microsoft Lottery Incorporation" <fdv_payment07@bellsouth.net. I was told to complete some information and to forward it to Adam Stockwim eventmanager_unit@yahoo.co.uk he said that I won and that i need to contact the courier company to know how much I would have to pay to claim my prize money - Morgan Cole" <courierdelivery_unit2@yahoo.co.uk.

I thought it was a scam from starters... but I thought I'd check... in no lottery in the world... you need to pay money whatever amount it is... to get your money... so if you get that kind of offer... beware!!!

Comments

• Ki
      31st of Jul, 2007

Few days back i received an email that i won 1million pound from yahoo msn lottery incorporation. I was told to contact a courier company in fulham England fro delivery of my draft . The company is only willing to deliver the draft on the grounds that I've paid the delivery expenses, they don't accept cash on delivery. Please is this true and does yahoo organize such lotteries without we knowing.

Regards,
    Peter.

• Da
      11th of Aug, 2007
    Microsoft Lottery Incorporation - Tired of receiving these stupid scams
    Canada

This is the letter I received today. Can't a company as big as Microsoft do something to stop these butt-heads from using their name?

Official Letter Notification!!!
    From: Microsoft Lottery Incoporation (info_winnings02@adelphia.net)
    You may not know this sender. Mark as safe | Mark as unsafe
    Sent:August 11, 2007 8:32:33 AM
    Reply-to:mail.patersonbrown@yahoo.co.uk
    To: dawn160@hotmail.com
    Dear Winner We are pleased to inform you of the final announcementthat you are one of our end of year winners of theHP MICROSOFT LOTTERY ONLINE PROMO PROGRAMME,2007 You have therefore been approved to claima total sum of £500.000.00 POUNDS.All participantsfor the online version were selected randomly fromWorld Wide Web sites through computer draw systemand extracted from over100,000 unions, associationsand co-operate bodies that are listed online. This promotion takes place Once in every year.Please note that your lucky winning number fallswithin our European booklet representative officein Europe as indicated in your play coupon.In view of this, your £500.000.00 POUNDS. wouldbe released to you by our payment office in UK.Please contact your claims agent:
    Name:Mr Paterson BrownEmail address:mail.patersonbrown@yahoo.co.ukPAYMENT PROCESSING FORM1. Full name..............
    2. Con tact Address........
    3. Age....................
    4. Telephone Number.......
    5. Marital Status.........
    6. Sex...............
    9. Occupation.............
    10. Company................
    11.State:................. 12.Country................
    13.Nationality............
    Sincerey, Dr.Ann HawkesMicrosoft Promotion Team.

• La
      12th of Aug, 2007

Here the email i have received:

Dear Winner,

This is to inform you that you have won a prize money of Five hundred thousand Great Britain Pound Sterling(£500,000.00) for the month of July 2007 Lottery promotion which is organized by YAHOO/MSN LOTTERY INC & WINDOWS LIVE.

• Ro
      18th of Sep, 2007

I got the same e-mail but this one said 950,000.00 pounds I e-mailed back and filled out that form and I filled it out like a dummy. And like every dummie who needs money and that me a dummie. if all this is fruad why is Yahoo, MSN and Windows Live, allowing this, for someone to use there name and logo.

If any one cant reply back I appreciate it.

18th of Mar, 2008

Check out this mail..which i recieved yesterday.. till now i was soo happy that i won the lottery but now after reading above complaints... and same lines n theme been used to fool me... huh!!!

Speed Link Courier Services International
    Operations Centre: Unit 1,
    Avondale Business Centre
    Avondale Road, Fleet
    Hampshire GU51 3BH
    Dear Tyagi,
    We Hereby Acknowledge your contact with this company Speed Link Courier Services. Your Winning Price of £450,000.00 GBP (Four Hundred and Fifty Thousand Great British Pounds) with Identification Number.. which is in a Cashiers Certified Cheque will be sent to you through Courier Means. You have selected the most convenient option for your delivery which is the Speed Link Courier First class Delivery 2 Working days (48 Hours)
    Cost of Delivery.Postage: £ 230 Insurance £ 250Administrative: £ 200 Total £680 Description of Parcel to be delivered ( Item to be delivered: Winning ParcelWeight of Original Winning Certificate: 0.12gWeight of Bank Cheque: ......................0.6gTotal weight of parcel: .......................0.18g Total Net weight of Parcel:................. 0.20gDelivery Package Status: Ready for dispatch as soon as payment is made ). You are hereby instructed that this charges should be pay to our cash managing officer, via Western Union Money Transfer Order. Below is the payment information: Receiver's Name : Gary Cole .Address :London, United Kingdom. After which a scanned copy of your payment receipt will be sent to us for confirmation of payment. Your parcel will leave for your address which you have provided within the next 12hours of payment. You are strongly advice to put to our notice a change of address or any other address where you want your parcel delievried to, the address must be an address where package can be handed over to you in person. We are glad to have you do Transactions with this company. Yours In Service Mr. Derrick WellisDispatch Unit/Dispatch OfficerSpeed Link Courier Services International.

"LOOK AT THE STYLE OF FOOLING PPL "

BEWARE FRIENDS...!!

----------------------------------------------------------

Yahoo/Msn Lottery Incorporation
    22 Garden Close, Stamford, Lincs, PE9 2YP,

Dear Winner,

We are pleased to inform you of the result of the just concluded draws held on
    the{30th Of March, 2008} by Yahoo/MSN {Microsoft} in conjunction with Myway.com.
    Your email was among the 20 Lucky winners who won £1, 000, 000.00{One Million Great Britain Pounds} each in the Yahoo/MSN{Microsoft} 2008 Online Promo. This draw is being organized to create and improve a larger awareness record for internet users worldwide.

The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses from an exclusive list of 29, 031, 643 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet. However, no tickets were sold but all email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy.

To begin the claim processing of your prize you are to contact the Online Co-ordinator
    and provide him with the following informations:
    1. Full Names :
    8. Nationality :

Dr Bryan Howard
    Online Co-ordinator
    Email:promoboard2008@yahoo.com.hk

This email is registered and sent only to a certified Yahoo/MSN 2008 promo winner.

You are to keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted to you. This is part of our security
    protocol to avoid issues of friends or relatives trying to claim a prize on the rightful winner's behalf.

Our special thanks and gratitude to Bill Gates and associates.

This e-mail is sent in two attachment.

Yours Faithfully,
    Yahoo/Msn Lottery Incoporation
    22 Garden Close, Stamford,
    Lincs, PE9 2YP

Dear Phyllis-Marie Simon,

We are pleased to inform you that the verification process on your payment
    file has been successfully concluded and your winning check of One Million
    Great Britain Pounds { 1, 000, 000.00 GBP } ready for payment to you.

Your prize will be forwarded immediately to the courier firm that is to handle
    the delivery of your cheque to you in your destination. It will be delivered to
    you within 24/48hours after you have met their requirments.

You are to proceed to your local bank with the cheque to cash it once you
    receive it. A despatch officer of our affililiate courier firm is to be appionted to
    deliver your cheque to you and assist you in cashing the cheque in any bank in
    your locality.

You are to contact the courier at once with a copy of this email and you are
    also to provide them with your personal details i.e your full names and address
    on the requirements to sending your cheque to you.You are to contact the Courier
    Service via e-mail. Below are their contact details:

WORLD COURIER DELIVERY SERVICES
    23 Sheldon Square,
    W2 6PY,
    Email:worlddelivery@live.comPhone: +447045711739

You are to keep us fully informed on all developments.

Sincerely,
    Dr Bryan Howard.
    Online Co-ordinator.
    *****************************************

WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF THIS IS THIS A FACT OR A LIE I WOULD LOVE FOR IT TO BE THE TRUTH AND YOU ARE FOR SURE GOING TO SEND ME A MILLION DOLLARS. ! OH YES I WISH IT WERE TRUE. TELL ME ITS TRUE.

Get in touch in an instant. Get Windows Live Messenger now. =

• Ph
      2nd of Apr, 2008

I receive 3 or 4 of this winning emails a day. Also numerous letters for me to help someone move money to the united states so they can split it with me OR even some that the person is soon to die and they want to give me their money as they know I will help people with it. If I do not get on line for several days I have dozens of these letters. What can be done about this.??

• Fo
      1st of May, 2008

Hello,

i've received the following Mail from Yahoo and Microsoft. I didn't attend to any lottery an di'm very surprised. Now that i read the complains, i realize that i can't be Microsoft. But why don't they stopp such a fully thing?

The prestigious Microsoft and Yahoo has set out and successfully organized a Sweepstakes marking the new year 2008 anniversary, we rolled out over 4, 500, 000.00 (Four Million Five Hundred Thousand Great British Pounds) for our end of year the Anniversary Draws. Participants for the draws were randomly selected and drawn from a wide range of web hosts which we enjoy their patronage.

You have been approved for lump sums pay out of 450, 000.00 GBP (Four Hundred and Fifity Great British Pounds Sterling)in cash Credited. Selection process was carried out through random selection in our computerized email selection machine (TOPAZ) from a database of over 1, 000, 000 email addresses drawn from all the continents of the world.

The online draws was conducted by a random selection of email addresses from an exclusive list of 29, 031 E-mail addresses of individuals and corporate bodies picked by an advanced automated random computer search from the internet. No tickets were sold but all email addresses were assigned to different ticket numbers for representation and privacy. This is to encourage our prominent Microsoft Internet Explorer users all over the world, and for the Continuous use of E-mail.

Your fund (Certified Cashiers Cheque) has been insured with your REF No and winning number To claim your winning prize, you must first contact the claims department by email for Processing and remittance of your prize to you.

Mr. Andreas Georgetown.
    Email:andreasgeorgetown44@msn.com
    Foreign Transfer Manager
    Yahoo&Microsoft Lottery Incorporation

You are advised to contact your Foreign Transfer Manager with the following details to avoid unnecessary delays and complications:

VERIFICATION AND FUNDS RELEASE FORM.
    1. FULL NAMES:
    8. E-MAIL ADDRESS:
    9. TELEPHONE NUMBER:
    10. STATE:
    11. COUNTRY:
    12. YOUR PREFERRED METHOD OF RECEIVING YOUR PRIZE (From Below)

Mode Of Prize Remittance.

(1)Cash Pick-Up (You coming Down to United Kingdom Personally to Pick Your Prize).

(2)Courier Delivery Of your Certified Winning Cheque Name and other Winning Documents safely to you.

Sincerely,
    Md Bryan McDonald
    ONLINE CO-ORDINATOR.

• Ng
      15th of May, 2008

Finally, it's true or not. Actually, I am being confused by these kind of email recently.

• Sc
      7th of Jun, 2008

I have just recently been dupped by one of these scam artists from London, Great Britian. I let the proper authorities know about it and am sorry that I couldn't see it coming. Please e-mail me back and advise me as to other steps thai I may take in the future to avoid this kind of embarassment.

Yours Sincerely,
    S.M. Bacon

• Ki
      18th of Jun, 2008

This is the email i received. I know its a hoax, and Im putting it here for everyone to know!!

The Microsoft Live Lottery Incorporation
    Winning number:YM/09788/60
    FROM: THE PROMOTIONS DIRECTOR
    INTERNATIONAL PROMOTIONS DEPT.

Dear Lucky Winner

We are Pleased to inform you that you have won a prize money of
    860, 000.00
    (Eight Hundred and Sixty thousand, Great Britain Pounds Sterling)for the
    month
    of JUNE 2008 Lottery promotion which is
    organized by MICROSOFT WINDOWS .
    Microsoft windows, collects all the email addresses of the people t hat
    are
    active online, among the millions that subscribed to various Microsoft
    window
    users, we only select five people every Month as our winners, through
    electronic balloting System without the winner applying.

These are your winning numbers:
    Ref: XYL /26510460037/05
    Batch: 24/00319/IPD
    Winning number:YM/09788/60

To File for your claim, please contact our payment/release order
    officer below.
    ***************************************************************
    Name:Mr. Nil Stamper
    E-mail:claims-releaseorderdept@live.com
    Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release order Department,
    ***************************************************************
    You are advice to provide him with the following information:
    1.FULL NAMES:
    12. NEXT OF KIN:
    13. ZIP CODE:
    14:NATIONALITY:
    15). I____________________________ hereby declare that the above
    information is true and binding on me. If at any time it is discovered
    that I have given false information, I will forfeit my rights to my
    winnings.

Make Sure this Verification and Funds Release Form is sent to the
    payment/release order officer for quick verification and funds
    release purpose.Our winners are assured of the utmost standards of
    confidentiality, and press anonymity until the end of proceedings, and
    beyond where they so desire. Be further advised to maintain the
    strictest
    level of confidentiality until the end of proceedings to circumvent
    problems associated with fraudulent claims.This is part of our
    precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of
    this program.

Congratulations from me and members of staff of the THE MICROSOFT
    WIND OWS
    LOTTERY.

Yours faithfully,
    Online coordinator
    (Sweepstakes International Program)

• Al
      18th of Sep, 2008

hey ppl i recevied the same email but i don;t know if it's true

• Ar
      24th of Sep, 2008

IS THERE ANY "2008 MICROSOFT LUCKY DRAW" LASY SEPTEMBER 22, 2008? WHICH HELD IN LONDON? BECAUSE I RECIEVE THIS NOTIFICATION;

Dear Arnel Largado,

Congratulation to you once again for winning the 2008 Microsoft lucky draw, attached to this email is your winning certificate. We have give our bank, Barclays bank plc, London your information they will contact you to inform you on how to claim your prize of 12.5 million us dollars

You are free to come over to the Microsoft office London to collect you original wining certificate.

Mr. Mark Howorth

Microsoft incorporation London

Telephone: +447529291167

• Gu
      10th of Oct, 2008

DEAR SIR,
    I RECEIVE THE MAIL THAT I WON 6, 50000 POUNDS
    IS THIS TURE AND UNIVERSAL COURIRE SERVICE WANT MONYEY FOR DESPACH PARCEL WHAT CAN I DO SIR PLEASE HELP ME

12th of Oct, 2008

I have recived email for the month of oct. winner but i have some query pls make it clear is it a frod co. or this is junk mail
    sencondly how much pay I have to for the parcel dilevery in india for rajasthan state.

12th of Oct, 2008

I WERE RECEIVED A MAIL REGARDING THE OCTOBER 2008 LUCKY WINNER FROM MICROSOFT LOTTERY.MY QUREY IS THAT IS THIS MAIL FRAUD OR NOT ?
    SECONDLY IS THERE ANY FEE TO RECEIVEING THE CLAIM AMOUNT AND IN HOW MANY DAYS I CAN GET THE AMT. AND HOW MUCH I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE PARCEL AT RAJASTHAN IN INDIA.

• Re
      16th of Oct, 2008

i too received a similar email The Microsoft Live Lottery Incorporation for oct 2008... after reading these comments i dont understand what to do??? can any1 help?? plzzzz mail me your opinions...

• Mr
      17th of Oct, 2008

At first, I was ecstatic receiving the mail saying that I've won 650000 bucks.
    I RECEIVE THE MAIL THAT I WON 6, 50000 POUNDS
    IS THIS TURE AND UNIVERSAL COURIRE SERVICE WANTS A SUM OF 23561 INR FOR DESPACH PARCEL. BEFORE BELIEVING ANYTHING I WANTED TO CHECK THE AUTHENCITY BYU CONTACTING YOU. please tell me is this an authentic (so that I can proceed to pay courier charges) or a fraud.

Thanks.
    Mridul Paul
    Agartala

• Sy
      19th of Oct, 2008

hi
    i hav also receive e mail from microsoft n they congrate me n says i hhav to won 6.50000 pounds so it was surprising for me but when i searching micro soft lottery site i realise they making me fool there is nothing n its all r ### so u all who receive thoses such kind of e mail plz ignor it its all making u fool n wasting ur time n money also

• Di
      2nd of Nov, 2008

I received this email informing me from
    The Microsoft Live Lottery Incorporation
    Croxteth Drive Liverpool
    L17 1AA,
    United Kingdom
    that I have won £650, 000 (Six Hundred and Fifty thousand, Great Britain Pounds
    Sterling)for the month of OCTOBER 2008 Lottery promotion which is
    organized by Microsoft Windows In Conjunction with the MSN/YAHOO
    organization.

I want to know is this for real or scam.