Micro Center / terrible experience
On june 3, 2008 I purchased a cpu - amd phenom 9850 black from tom ardeljan (Salesperson) along with a motherboard and memory. I got home installed the items and when I booted up the computer stated it was a 9600 phenom. I checked the box that I just opened and it appears the box was resealed. The cpu serial and the box serial did not match because the cpu inside was a lesser valued item. It is a slower and buggier version of what I thought I bought. I then called the store the same day and explained what happened and they told me to bring it back. When I arrived customer service said the manager went home and to come back the next day. Since I needed the part that day I bought another cpu phenom 9750 anticipating a return of the other product. I came back the next day and spoke to the sales manager gino lavino and was told that he cannot accept the return because the cpu inside was different than what it said on the box. Since it has been opened he cannot tell if I put something else in the box when I went home. He suggested I call amd and I was sent home with the cpu. I called amd and was instructed to call consumer affairs. At the end of all this I am stuck with a product I did not intend to buy in a box that does not match the product. I asked them if the product was returned before and they said no. So somewhere along the way someone opened the box and put something else inside and resealed it.
More Micro Center Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Micro Center - fraud and scam 
- Microcenter - beware of microcenter re-stocking fees
- Microcenter - order online pickup service badly broken 
- Micro Center - no service on extended warranty
- Micro Center - this is a scam by microcenter or its refurbishing center 
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - laptop lcd screen replacement
- Micro Center / Micro Electronics - micro center employees are holding onto all vega 64 video cards and buying them to resell online 
- [Resolved] Micro Center / Micro Electronics - no proactivity/bad customer service
- Micro Center - acer xg270hu - won't let me purchase
- Micro Center - extremely unprofessional company!