[Resolved] Michael Hill / unethical behaviour

1 Eastland shopping centre. 63/171-175 maroondah hwy, Ringwood, vicRingwood, Victoria, Australia

My husband purchased me a gold bangle on the 24th of December 2015 to give to me for Christmas. I had told him the bangle that I wanted and he unfortunately purchased the wrong one from Michael Hill in Eastland (Ringwood, Vic). On the 26th I took the bangle back to Eastland store to swap it for the one that I really wanted. The store wasn't busy and an older female came to serve me. I told her my husband has purchased the wrong bangle and I needed to exchange it for the right one. The sales woman went and got the bangle that I wanted and said it was $1999.00. I said it was on sale on the 24th for $899. She said she would speak to her manager to find out if they could honour the same price. After waiting 40 minutes she came back and stated I could purchase the bangle for $1399. I said I didn't think that was fair so she refunded the original bangle and I left the store feeling really upset and frustrated. I attended the Michael Hill store at The Glen in Glen Waverly and saw a brilliant young sales woman by the name of Casey. I told her what had happened at the other store and she said "can you wait, just a minute" she very quickly went away and came back. She honoured the original sale price and sold me the bangle. She was an amazing sales woman with so much emotional intelligence. I can't praise her enough. The transaction was so simple. I will NEVER shop at the Eastland store again, to try and charge me an extra $500 for no reason is just blatant theft. To keep me waiting for 40 minutes, there was no excuse. The Eastland store need to take some much needed lessons in humanity and compassion from the Glen Waverly store. Eastland store are nothing more than a bunch of thieves that prey on people they see as vulnerable.

• Resolution statement

• Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us in regards to your recent experience in our Eastland store. I am sorry to hear we have let you down on this occasion, and would like the opportunity to review your feedback. So that I can assist you further, could you please send me an email via online@michaelhill.com.au with further details, including your name, any receipt details you may have, the name of the staff involved and also your best contact number?

Kind regards,