[Resolved] Michael Hill / no customer service, crap jewellery, still no refund on our purchase

Langley, BC, Canada

From the beginning of being a customer with Michael Hill we have had nothing but problems. My husband purchased my engagement ring there (willow brook Langley location), and they promised everything would be taken care of and guaranteed their products. My ring was a lemon- diamonds fell out, the white gold in 2 days was tarnishing as if it were silver. They didn't even give us the right certificate for my ring!!! It was a completely different ring on the certificate. My husband spent a fair penny and I only had it for less then 6 months- only got to wear it for 2 months as it was continuously getting fixed in the shop. THEN the SQUISHED my ring when they sent it in, causing it to have curved marks and rough edges! I was Shocked that a company would do such a thing. We went in and we asked for our money back, as this was ridiculous. We drove in 15 times to the location to deal with my ring, and spent more time during our engagement in the bloody ring store then actually wearing the thing.
Trying to get our money back was a NIGHTMARE. I still do not have the funds back in our account. The store manager- Gavin, is the most unhelpful person i have met. He helped other customers while he made us wait (even though we were before the other people). He also ignored my phone calls stating that they had "business meetings"
After fighting with them to get our money back, they finally called the Michael Hill Finance Department, and guaranteed that the cheque has been mailed and that we should receive our money back in 3-4 weeks, saying we do not have to do a thing except wait for our money in the mail. Me, not trusting a word they say after what they put us through, phoned the Michael Hill Card financing department to check on our money, and they HAD NOT SENT IT NOR RECEIVED A REQUEST FOR REFUND.
I phoned the store to let them know that what the promised me has not followed through, then the manager had the guts to say to me on the phone after ALL when had been through "well has it not been fixed? what do you want me to do about it?" I am still waiting for our money after 2 months or being bullied and thrown around- by the store and by the financing department.
I usually never review companies unless it is about their awesome service, but this one is worth my time.

TO ALL PEOPLE WANTING JEWELRY, QUALITY JEWELRY AND EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE-
DO NOT SHOP HERE!

• Resolution statement

• Hi Kiana, Just checking to see if you have been contacted by the Regional Management Team for further assistance? Can you please advise if I can be of any further help or if the matter has now been resolved? Kind Regards, Dee

Ki