MetParties / Terrible everything

I used to work for Valentine (otherwise known as Val) in his office at Gerrard Street, and want to draw peoples attention to how dishonest he is in business - as I had learnt over time how often he has spent time ripping people off.

He used to:

Have his door staff mark up the walk-ins at a nightclub onto the Metparties list. One night Metparties only had 3 people in on their guest list at the door of a club, but their door host (Emily Rawson) marked up names onto the Metparties list from the people who walked up to the door. These people should have been marked against the in-house list for the club, but Val used to encourage Emily to steal these people onto the Metparties list. The clubs were non the wiser, and used to pay Metparties huge sums of money as a result.

Also with their sub-promoter's, they use to get tell promoters that they only had 6 people in when they had 20 people in so they could pay them less commission. Altogether it was a very disgusting deal.

He would boast that he went to a great business school, but i wondered whether or not this was the way all businessmen like him though - he seemed to think it was normal to steal as much money away from others as possible.

I advise any club working with Metparties to stop, and clubs that are thinking of working with Valentine or Metparties to not do so.

Also, any promoter's that currently submit lists or have ever submitted lists through Metparties should chase Valentine for owed money, and stop putting lists through the company.

Va

Comments

• Ru
      18th of Mar, 2009

I used to DJ for metparties a few years back. Andy B was the main contact. I was paid £30 for like 2 months work. I was working wednesday, thursday, friday and Saturday nights. He kept on feeding me string of lies every week how they were waiting on the clubs to pay them. I brought down so many people to their events and didn't get anything out of them.
    I can accept the fact this Andy was an ### but when I tried to get in contact with Metparties, they didn't want anything to do with me. They are all bunch of cowboys. Other DJs i've met along the way have said the same thing. If you're a DJ don't get sucked into their BS!! They only look after their own and I believe their resident DJ is Emily.

7th of Jul, 2009

Agree with everything being said here. I used to work with Metparties but they never gave me the numbers I deserved. When I told them that I was going to stop promoting their parties my numbers went up for a few weeks then it went down. And this happened everytime I complained.

Following an advice from another promoter, I then put myself using a fake identity on my own guestlist to one of their parties. The door picker didn't know me so it was easy to pull off. The next week, when I asked metparties for my numbers, they told me that I only had 3 people when I was there with 10 of my friends. I was disguted and I stopped working with them.

If you're a promoter, club or sub-promoter, I strongly advise you to stay away from Metparties. You'll lose money.

• Ih
      17th of Jul, 2009

Met parties are serious SPAMMERS! I don't normally care about these kinds of things - but i accidentally included annas on a group email and I and EVERYONE else on my mailing list now receive up to three emails a DAY!!! I need to report them to somewhere - i'm not sure where. Please please be weary of their mailing list! I have even lost a client because of this and my friends seem to think its my fault! :(