MetLife / difficult company

1 P.O. box 985Westport, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-687-0977

My mother has an active, current, long term health care policy with Metlife, thorough AARP. This company has been very difficult to work with, although my mother is living in an approved Assisted living facility, we have not received any assistance whatsoever. I hope there is a better long term health care insurance provider than METLIFE.

Vw

Comments

• Mi
      19th of Jun, 2010

My family has also had major conflict with MetLife concerning a life insurance policy payout. Over 1 1/2 years and still fighting them. Currently using a lawyer t0 get results. I would NEVER recommend that anyone deal with these people.

• Tx
      19th of Jun, 2010

These guys are always sending me letters trying to hire me. Looks like I make countless good decisions when I rip up their offer and throw it away.

3rd of Feb, 2011

I am also trying to get MetLife to pay the correct long-term disability payout. Although my employer (former) intentionally sent in a lower annual income statement to MetLife, I've since sent in W-2's, income tax forms (prepared by the IRS), showing the correct income; however, MetLife refuses to adjust my payments. So far I'm short $30, 155 dollars, and counting.

Any advice given is appreciated.

Not Getting Any Younger

3rd of Feb, 2011

Having a similar issue with another provider. Is this SOP with these guys?

20th of Feb, 2011

Thanks,

One of the ways to challenge these discrepancies is to notify the IRS of the disparity between income earned during the prior year before disability and the amount of income earned as reported to MetLife. In my case, the difference is approximately $550(per month)x12(months)x4(years since disability)=...do the math.

Finally, please substitute 'employer's' in the aforementioned complaint with 'employee's'. Anybody know how to edit on this website?

Please excuse errors in the previous submission; as a result of exposure to toxins during the employment at the employer's location, I'm losing vision.

• Si
      16th of Mar, 2011

My parents have a long term care policy with another company and have been using it for three years, with no problem. I have had my own issues with Met Life. I thought this company was alot more reputable than it is. It is a shame Met Life takes advantage of of someone in their last years. SHAME ON MET LIFE !!