Mesh Computers / Bad Experience with Mesh computers

This email as you can see has been forwarded to a few consumer watchdogs I will keep forwarding this e-mail to more consumer watchdogs as I find more.

My experience with mesh computers has been both time consumer and very irritating.

I brought my computer on-line from www.meshcomputers.com worth £1,300 back in may. After sorting out the finance agreement and awaiting delivery I received my computer in July. The computer worked fine until a month later. The performance slowed down, I experienced intermittent problems with my Monitor and when my computer started up.

I phoned mesh on a 0870 number at about 18:30 one evening to report the problem. I heard an out of office hours message telling me I could phone a 0901 number (premium rate) or phone back Mon-Fri 9am-6pm. I tried again within their inconvenient hours of 9am-6pm and waited 5 minutes before I got through. I spoke to a technician who suggested I restored my computer back to the original factory settings. The technician gave me instructions how do this via email. I restored my computer to the factory settings and lost some work that I had been working on over the month I had my computer.

After a week of the computer working I was once again experiencing lack of speed on my computer. I phoned mesh and again waited 5 minutes to get through. I spoke to an Operator and he advised me it would be best if it was taken back to the service centre to be repaired. I asked how long it would take and he said "anything up to 15 days". "Working days" I said and he replied "No 15 Days".
Mesh would send for a courier to pick up the computer once again Mon-Fri 8am-6pm. This was not convenient as I work Mon-Fri 9am-6pm (like alot of people). As I only live down the road from the head office I had to ask one of my friends to take the computer into the mesh service centre.

I waited over 15 days as advised and heard nothing from Mesh. I phoned the repair centre and was told the Computer has not been seen yet and will been seen the following week. I said I was told it would take 15 days and this operator told me no it's 15-20 Working days.

I waited until the following week then phoned customer services to complain. I was told the computer still had not gone in for repair and it will be ready soon. The operator said they would flag it as high prority and promised to get someone from the repair centre to phone me that day. I asked for some sort of compensation for my trouble as it was taking so long and was told I would not get any. This call was made at 11am and I had still not heard anything from the repair centre at 5:30pm I phoned and all I got was an out of office hours message.

The next day I phoned waited 5 minutes then asked the operator what was going on with my computer. She said my computer had not been flagged as urgent. The operator assured me she would follow it up and hoped to have it completed by the end of the week.

I was contacted by the engineer and he told me what had been fixed and that it was ready for collection. For the first time Mesh computers had keep'd to the deadline and I picked up my computer later that week.

A week down the line and now I have more problems. I installed iTunes downloaded a few podcast and all was looking good until I rebooted my computer. On start up my computer asked for a boot disk to be inserted into the floppy drive. I emailed the Mesh support with a synopsis of the problem. After waiting 2 days I received some advice on how to fix this issue. I had to go in and change the way the computer started by editing the bios. This did not work so I continued using my computer in safe mode. The computer then crashed and the start up issue became worse. The monitor does not recognise that the computer has turned on and I hear no beep on start up. I made sure all connections in the back of the computer were correct and they seemed fine. Once again my Mesh computer is Kaput.

Understandably at this point I had enough and I wanted a refund. I phoned Customer services waited 5 Minutes in a Q then spoke about the issue to an operator. The operator could only give me an address to send a letter to about requesting a refund. I was advised the refund process can be lengthly which filled me with joy. With the concern that I might not get a refund and thought of being without a computer I asked what I should do in the meantime. I was advised to speak to technical support to get it collected and repaired (another month no doubt). I was then put on hold for another 5 minutes before I managed to speak to someone.

My whole 3 month experience with Mesh Computers has been Terrible. I have needed my computer to get started on some very important work which I have not been able to do. The fact that my computer has not worked has been made by worse by the fact that everything is so time consuming. The call centre takes about 5 minutes to get through to, the email technical help takes 2 1/2 days for a response, once my computer was in the Mesh centre it took about a month to fix and the call centres only open Mon-Fri 9am-6pm is a joke considering that most consumers will work during these hours.

Although it might work out a bit more expensive I wish I'd gone to one of the retail giants like PC World. At least there I'd be able to chat with someone in store at the hours that are suitable to me. Also I think I'd opt for a laptop because these have always been good for me.

Thanks

Michael

Mi

Comments

5th of Nov, 2008

I agree I have a problem with my computer I have had 2 hard drives gone in a year lost all my work photos etc.

22nd of Nov, 2008

I have had a similar experience with Mesh Technical Services. It is extremely difficult to understand the accent of the advisor at the other end coming from India. Of course that is only after waiting 5 - 10 minutes to get through and even then they want to get rid of you off the phone as soon as possible with little patience.

9th of Feb, 2009

I'm having a complete nightmare getting a refund from Mesh Computers. My PC arrived with a faulty optical drive (a.k.a CD/DVD drive). The drive actually caused damage to my software discs. The computer also had other faults and was generally badly built. It took Mesh 21 days (three weeks) to collect the computer. They kept it for over two weeks. My emails were being ignored so rang them to find out the status of the refund. They then wrote to me to say that my request had been refused! There was nothing wrong with my computer and I have 7 days to arrange re-delivery.

I now face the long process of taking Mesh Computers to court. Not really what you expect when you buy a computer but I'm confident that I will get my money back eventually. I'm also keen to report Mesh Computers to all relevant watchdogs. I have already reported Mesh Computers to Trading Standings who seemed interested in my case and wanted to be kept informed but at the same time seem toothless in enforcing the Selling of Goods Act. I know my statutory rights and understand consumer law yet it seems there are only two ways to get a refund from Mesh Computers. Writing letters and making phone calls has no effect.
    1)Take them to the Small Claims Court.
    2)Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

Whatever you do...don't buy a Mesh Computer! They are useless.

If anyone has a list of watchdogs to send my complaint to that would be really useful.

Marvin

• Re
      12th of Apr, 2010

MESH computers should be call MESS computer twice i have had a crashing computer from them I have been without a pc for 3months. DO NOT BUY FOM MESH!!!
    There customer service is none existent.

• St
      18th of Apr, 2010

I agree 100% something has to be done about this very very poor after sales service from Mesh Computers I would also erge everybody else to complain to http://www.bbc.co.uk/watchdog/ and http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/ in writing would be best I think, recorded post sending in a copy of all your letters & emails etc.

• Jp
      29th of Sep, 2010

This does not read well. I only wish I had researched more before I bought a PC with MESH. I am going to get legal advise in the morning. I ordered a pc. waiting a month for it to arrive. It turned on then powered off and only stayed on for few seconds. I called their Customer Service and waited on so many occasions. I can not imagine the costs of phonebills. They collected the pc then took 14 days to tell me - it was working fine and i will not get a refund.

I am pretty sure they are acting illegally under some consumer laws. They claim because i "used the pc" as in TURNING IT ON. I am not getting a refund. They have emailed tonight saying if i refuse to receive goods they will charge me £10 pw storage. I am totally gutted and devastated. The stress they have given me is so sad and extremely unhealthy for me.

I hope tomorrow I get some good news from a legal advisor. This company must be shut down.

I emailed WATCHDOG BBC but they did not respond. very sad person. x

• Em
      17th of Mar, 2011

Like so many people, oh how I wish I'd just read some reviews of MESH before placing my order.
    To sum up:
    1. Placed my order on January 15th, Mesh take £778.98 immediately.
    2. After 14 days passed, I rang several times asking about the status of my machine and why it was taking longer than promised. What a waste of credit, I had to sit around waiting only to be told it would be ready "soon"
    3. Status on my order says that components had been 'allocated' to my machine. I rang again. I was told that the missing component was the processor (WHY didn't they tell me my components were not in stock when I originally ordered?) I was PROMISED the processor would be there on the week 7th-11th of February.
    4. I ring the following week (14th-18th February). The processor still isn't there!
    5. Cancelled my order on the 14th of February
    6. Rang Mesh. I was told that they have been trying to contact me for the details of my refund. This is a lie, I am the one who has been chasing them, I've left my mobile number on numerous occasions, promised to be called, which has never happened.
    7. Today is the 32nd day to pass without receiving a penny in refund. I have emailed constantly asking why I have not been repaid. I have sent a recorded letter demanding refund within 7 days under the Consumer Protection Regulations 2000.

I have reported them to Consumer Direct, and the BBC's Watchdog. I would advise other people to do the same, hopefully we can prevent other people making the mistake of purchasing from Mesh.

Thanks, Mesh!

• Te
      19th of Oct, 2015

MESH COMPUTERS, MY EXPERIENCE AND FINAL OUTCOME

I returned a week old faulty PC in the original packaging on the 2nd of December 2014. I sent an email asking them to contact me and let me know when it would be returned I received a reply on the 9th of December informing me they would call me to let me know. There was no call.

I called on the 12th of Dec. They told me they would call back that day to let me know. No call back.

22nd of Dec I phoned and was told they would call back in 30 minutes. Again no call back. I phoned again later in the afternoon. They answered and told me that the machine was still in progress and it would definitely be here before Christmas. I was also told they would call tomorrow after 10:00am to let me know it had been dispatched, if not then call customer services again. Customer services called back and said the machine would be here 3 days after Christmas and it was only a software problem.

5th of Jan 2014 Still no return package. I phoned and was told that the motherboard was faulty and they were repairing it they assured me it would be here in 2 days.
    7th of Jan 2014 I phoned to check if it had been dispatched, it had not. I asked to talk to the manager.
    He appologised and now told me that the machine had been returned to them damaged in transit and the case had been cracked. They decided to supply me with a completely new machine and upgrade the motherboard to a different spec. A little strange as on the 5th they told me there was only a software problem and the machine was on the test bench ready to be returned on the 7th. I accepted the replacement however.
    Again he appologised and told me to ask for him if I called back as he would see to it personally. I asked him if they had replaced the complete machine and he told me they had. I also asked him if they had upgraded the motherboard as previously discussed. He said no “they replaced the motherboard with the "same type” He then asked me if I had the drivers for the motherboard. Which on reflection they should have had if they had just opened a new motherboard package to replace the damaged one, the driver disk comes as standard in a motherboard packaging. He told me that it would absolutely be here for Saturday.

10th Jan (Sat) The package arrived. I inspected the box for damage, there was none. On opening I noticed that the front cover of the PC had been removed and placed in pieces between the cardboard box and the PC separately from the rest of the PC which was packaged inside a polythene bag and secured with polystyrene blocks in the cardboard box. The plastic securing lugs were broken and missing. I took the PC out of its packaging and noticed that the hard drive and SSD cradle mounts had been completely smashed off. All three drives were sitting at a 45 degree angle inside case and rattling loosely. The front of the casing where the metal and plastic meets also had the securing lugs broken and was hanging off separated from the PC. There were plastic parts rattling inside the casing of the PC. I phoned the company again to complain and was asked to turn the broken machine on to "test it". I refused to do so as it was obviously unsafe. There were plastic parts rattling inside the casing of the PC.
    When I phoned to complain I was told to send it back to them again and I would have to pay the shipping. After an argument over this which took almost an hour I finally got them to agree that they were responsible for shipping of returned goods that are faulty. When I checked my bank balance later they had charged my account for shipping even though they had said they would pay the return.

A few days later I phoned and asked when the machine would be repaired and returned. I was asked if I had the serial number for windows as they didn't have it. I informed them that the serial number with it's sticker was returned on the first machines case, stuck on the front during manufacturing as is standard for pre-build PCs. It was also on the sticker on the DVD packaging. They told me it wasn't there and also wasn't on the DVD packaging. They then accused me of damaging a sound card and a mouse that was returned with the machine and tried to charge me £500. They also refused a refund and told me that I would have to accept a £500 reduction for damaged goods, and loss of windows key. I was then told I wouldn't get a refund, only credit for a replacement machine. At this point I gave up trying to talk to this company and took them to court. It took all of nine months, countless emails and ignored phone calls, then a court letter to get a final refund.
    This has been the most unprofessional company to deal with I've ever encountered. Not only in their approach to building and delivering computers but also in their approach to what the call "customer service"

Would I buy from this company again? Not a chance in hell, but the choice is yours.