Merrill Lynch / 401k - customer service

1 United States

On October 22, I mailed out my roll-over 401K check from my previous employer to Merrill Lynch new employer account, today 11/25 I went into my online Merrill Lynch account and saw that my roll-over money has not yet posted. I called Merrill Lynch and was told that I did not include a "Distribution Statement form" from your previous 401K provider so they decided to mail everything back to me.
First, Merrill Lynch has all my contact information (including phone numbers and email) but no one contacted me to request a form that I missed and I had to call them to find out!! This is outrageous! Now I have to go back to US postal and pay another $24 for an overnight package when I receive my check back from Merrill Lynch, when? No idea? Unbelievable!
I requested to speak to the manager and was transferred to some guy called Gregory Fanarisios. Gregory said, "Merrill Lynch does not have a policy in place for calling/emailing customers regarding missing items, you should have read the memo…. Your check has been returned to you along with all the forms you mailed with it. Contact your previous 401K provider and a missing form then mail all forms including your check back to us." I felt like screaming… Gregory had I don't care attitude and his approach sickened me, he should change jobs.
Due to Merrill Lynch customer service incompetence, I'm losing money; my funds are bouncing back and forth, and I still have not received the returned mail. Excellent customer service is seriously lacking at Merrill Lynch. Merrill Lynch customer service lacked knowledge of their policy, lack of follow through, did not even try to resolve a complaint.

Ku