Merchant Circle / Unable to Cancel rediculous account

I have been trying for 4 weeks to cancel my account through Merchant Circle. Merchant Circle I have found to be a not only not worth the money for the service. But it is easy access for your competitors to leave fake reviews and give you bad ratings as well. It is not for me and I have tried numerous times to cancel my ad yet nobody has gotten back to me nor canceled the ad. They charge $35 to call and talk to them in person! What kind of business does that?!? Do not sign up for Merchant circle unless you are the only business of your kind in the area and don't plan on ever wanting to stop advertising through them!

Ca

Comments

• Wo
      6th of Mar, 2009

I'm sorry for you and want you to know I have the same problem.
    Every time I get the FREE listing using my business name removed within 90 days it is back up again.
    Get a trademark on your business name that is what I have done. I'll be sending a request to cease and desist this time.
    Also create a file of all email they send to you.
    Another thing you can do is edit your page to convey that MC does not have permission to post the ad and that you are not associated with them in any form or fashion or responsible for the ads they run on the page. That may or may not get MC's attention.
    After all if a client that knows you are a reputable business sees an ad at your MC page they may think that the advertiser is reputable too and that may not be the case which could in fact tarnish your reputation.
    IMO:
    Merchant Circle is naughty and they do not have the best interest of local small businesses in their sight but they are eyeing the wallets of small businesses.

• Br
      17th of Jun, 2009

I'm going through the same issue, now they claim I broke their policy agreement after they so called verified our business and took a payment fee and credit card number belonging to the business without our approval to withdraw future payments. To top it off merchantcicle will not allow us to login to our account. They fail to respond to any of our request. It seems they have taken over our account to which we will have to cancel our business credit card account. Something should be done about this scam website. Breakthrough Library Partners DBA Level 3 Communications.

• Br
      17th of Jun, 2009

Merchants should get together and try to lodge a class action against them to put them out of business for good, but we must get those businesses who have been injured by them financially to petition the federal court for a major lawsuit to payback damages and punitive awards by the court. Carol Hays, Breakthrough Library Partners, LP

• Su
      7th of Jun, 2011

RUN from Merchant Circle, people!!! They are NOT your friend, nor a friend of your business. They're a huge time-waster and just try to get something handled properly. No phone number, email is virtually impossible to find, and when you do find it, they don't read it and send 'canned responses'. My issue? It's done nothing for me but waste my time, and now I'm having a hard time removing my company totally from their site. I get 'deal requests' from idiots who are asking for products and services we don't even offer. We're already the lowest priced and highest service in the market. TIME WASTER. I also get link requests from businesses that are not relevant to ours. TIME WASTER. I get notifications that I've gotten glowing reviews but can never find or view the review, and can't find who left it just in case I want to thank them. TIME WASTER. And then today, I tried to log on to get rid of the account? Well, first they have some inane ad on their 'front page' and then I can't log in. So I requested password reset three times. No password reset email received (and no - I don't filter spam because I don't want to accidently filter a good customer.) So then I try to write them since no phone number can be found. I get a CANNED response. They don't even read the email. Their 'online chat' support isn't available til 1 PM my time (which is 6 hrs after I started trying to remove myself from their system.) MONSTROUS TIME WASTER!!!

A friend of mine suffered great damage because of Merchant Circle. She had two fired employees who started a competing business, then they took on various aliases and began to leave negative reviews for her business. Merchant Circle did nothing about it.

I will continue today to try to delete my account, but in the meantime...DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS! They deserve to go down. (And...I believe I'll spend some of my time today WISELY and post this same complaint everywhere I can. Hopefully it will help other businesses who have had to deal with this crap.)