[Resolved] MEM Property Management / Poor service

1 NJ, United States Review updated:

Just had a very bad experience with MEM Property Management. If your Association is considering hiring MEM I suggest you thoroughly check out their background and reputation.Speak to your Auditor, banker or lawyer. Don't get fooled. They tend to bid low on the contract but then short change you on services in my opinion. Beware this property management company

• Resolution statement

• MEM Property Management Customer Care's Response, Jun 21, 2012

Your comments are totally incorrect this company has been around for 20+ plus years with a stellar reputation of property management

Comments

• Ho
      31st of Jul, 2012

Well, what do you expect the company to say about themselves!!! DUH!

@honestcritic negative nancy :(

• Bo
      3rd of Aug, 2012

This company is terrible, just google them. THey don't even respond to the complaints against them on bbb.com!!

20th of Apr, 2017

@Board member 123 Please feel free to call me at your convenience at 201-798-1080 ext. #9227 so I may have an opportunity to correct the difficulty you are having. Thank you.
    FYI your BBB Rating is A+ https://www.bbb.org/new-jersey/business-reviews/property-management/mem-property-management-corp-in-jersey-city-nj-24000228

8th of Nov, 2012

I agree with the original post - MEM is a terrible company. They are not fiscally responsible and drove our community into a very deep financial pit that we are still trying to recover from.

24th of Apr, 2017

@ANOTHER PAST CUSTOMER I am sorry you did not have positive experience, please call me at your convenience so we can make this right.

Sincerely.

• Ph
      3rd of Feb, 2013

MEM Property Management is by far the worst company I have had to work with. Their financial team does not follow GAAP, as they will move money from accounts to pay for things without your approval. Furthermore we have had the need to review all financial items as it seems we are now missing money. While this is still being done, MEM makes plenty of mistakes, and then makes you pay for them. Martin is a crook, and its no wonder why the company has gone from 300K in revenue to almost 2 mill. Be very careful around this company, and double check everything they do. As stated above numerous lawyers do not like him, and neither do the accountants. Its no wonder why he wants you to use his "people". Who ever wrote that comment from MEM about being around for 20 years must not know the power of the internet. You need a reality check as many other companies were around for longer, but with the power of the internet, the truth in companies spreads like wildfire. I highly suggest if your association is looking for a management company look elsewhere.

20th of Apr, 2017

@phatvspec We did an intensive interviewing process and finally decided on mem property management.

we switch from our old management company which was Taylor Property Management based on many factors but one main reason was the turnover in property managers was hurting us
    after speaking to mem property management references we where thoroughly won over

24th of Apr, 2017

@phatvspec Your experience is disappointing to us, please call me to discuss so I may look into this further and correct where necessary.

• To
      21st of May, 2013

I am the President of a condominium association in Somerset (375 unit) for the past 7.5 years and we have nothing but positive experiences, their account staff of 7 is top notch and they use the best account software (TOPS) and the are very helpful

The property manager a polite and very helpful I TRULY BELEIVE THE NEGATIVE COMMENTS ARE UNIT OWNERS WHO WERE PLACED IN COLLECTIONS for non-payment of their monthly due, so MEM was doing the correct thing

@Tony DiMaria Thank you.

Sincerely

11th of Jun, 2013

YOU ARE WRONG MR. PRESIDENT TONY DIMARINA. These negative comments are from everyone, clients, tenant, and owners, and as for your information I am an owner in Brookside Condos who is up to date on dues and I was till put into collections which is unethical. Unfortunately I can not afford a lawyer right now if I could I would sue the hell out of you and your corporation. MEM will try to the right thing only in the favor of MEM and never to work with their clients in a fair and just manor.

• Ow
      3rd of Aug, 2013

My condo building is being managed by MEM property. I can tell you that our budget has gone from 100k down to NOTHING! Now MEM is sending out letters telling owners to pay for special assessment that the majority of the board members did not approve because we ran out of money! WOW! I guess MEM thinks that money grows on trees! Do not do business with this management or you will get [censored]ED big time!

24th of Apr, 2017

@Owner C Please call me or give me your contact information so I can get more details and investigate further.

• Co
      15th of Sep, 2013

Martin Laderman is truly a jerk. He will not even try to listen to what you have to say. He is truly a crook. Live honest, you jerk.

• Un
      20th of Apr, 2017

@Complainer3 don't drag anyone else down with you. you must of voted for trump too

• Bi
      28th of Oct, 2013

I absolutely agree. I live in the Birch Glen development in Piscataway. I've been chasing MEM for 3+ months regarding an issue with birds, or some other type of animal, entering my chimney from outside. I've left NUMEROUS messages and no response. Regarding the chimney, you literally hear chirping and flutter behind my fireplace wall. It's horrible!! Especially when the animals are screaming to the top of their lungs during the night. My 7yr old is truly frightened to walk through the living room. When I finally spoke to someone from MEM, they sent a contractor to my house to review. He literally showed up unannounced, in the middle of the week, at 7:50am, just as my husband, daughter and I were leaving for work and school. WTH?! Then, on top of that, the guy smelled like a pint of rum and was rude! He came in, knocked on the fireplace, and said everything is ok cause he doesnt hear anything. Stayed for 5 minutes at most. He mentioned coming back to check the chimney cap and never returned.
    I've been trying to get in contact with them for months and finally spoke to a Property Manager named Tim. He was a horrible listener, kept talking over me, and said they're not responsible for the chimney?!!! So I have to handle it on my own. I told him that they have always maintained the chimney from the outside and I'm the original owner (10 years in the development). He kept cutting me off and barely listened to what I was trying to say. I'm so disappointed with them. I'll be sure to report them to the BBB asap. They need to be fired! If someone doesn't contact me soon, I'll also report them to our local news station. They need to be put on full blast .

20th of Apr, 2017

@Bitter Townhome Owner in Piscataway I would really like to resolve your issue(s) immediately. So, if you could please communicate with me directly so that we may come to an amicable solution that would be greatly appreciated.

You can reach me directly at 201-798-1080 ext. 9227 or if you would prefer that I contact you, please message me your contact information.

• Bi
      28th of Oct, 2013

Just received an update from MEM regarding my "birds in the fireplace" situation. They just called to let me know that they are actually responsible for the chimney. So, now we are waiting for the contractor to schedule a date to visit. I sure hope it gets fixed soon. I will keep you posted...

20th of Apr, 2017

@Bitter Townhome Owner in Piscataway Please feel free to call me at your convenience at 201-798-1080 ext. #9227 so I may have an opportunity to correct the difficulty you are having. Thank you

• Ju
      6th of Jun, 2014

looks like the only ones making complaints are the ones in collections for not paying their obligations

• Un
      20th of Apr, 2017

@Julie Cruz gotta pay the man

• Pa
      9th of Jul, 2014

I am the President, of a 490 unit HOA. I signed a contract, with mem property management, the first time, back in 2012. It was for a 2 year term. mem property management, under the direction of Martin Laderman, and his professional staff, have gone above and beyond, my expectations, and in doing so, I’m glad to have signed up for another 2 year term. If you are looking for a professional New Jersey property management company, I would highly recommend you consider mem property management.

24th of Apr, 2017

@Paul Kleinstien Thank you .

• Bo
      29th of Jul, 2014

mem property management has been managing our community for the past 7 1/2 years. The only issues we have is unit owners complaining, who have to finally pay their maintenance fees and follow rules and regulations due to mem property management's excellent procedures that they have in place. I guess if you want no complaints. Just tell your management company not to enforce the rules.

@Bob1956 Thank you.

20th of Apr, 2017

We recently purchased a townhouse in one of the communities managed by mem property management on the outset our first communications were pleasant and professional they help in our closing and made the move and introduction to the community quite pleasant, this was a refreshing change from our previous homeownership here in a New Jersey as you know first impressions are of a lasting one and we certainly appreciate the professionalism that was exhibited by the company's management department overall

24th of Apr, 2017

@Samel Patel Much appreciated.

20th of Apr, 2017

guys your posts are sooooooo old

Click here: