Melissa Saunderson / Beware of Saunderson Attorneys

1 Little Falls, Roodepoort, South Africa Review updated:

Beware of Melissa Saunderson!

In June 2013, my amazing wife and I made use of a law firm called Saunderson Attorneys. We worked with a lady called Melissa Saunderson to do our ANC agreement. We sold a property in October 2013 and had to submit our ANC agreement. We then discovered that the H number Melissa Saunderson gave us belonged to a different couple. When we asked her about this, a world of problems started. Our ANC agreement was never lodged, defaulting our marriage to "in community of property"

Melissa Saunderson at Saunderson Attorneys did not submit our agreement before the deadline. This means that our contract was never lodged at the deeds office. We are now forced to sell the property in community of property. We then have to apply for a court order to make the changes. Since our problems started, Melissa Saunderon from Saunderson Attorneys has rejected lots of calls, hardly ever responds to emails, missed calls or sms messages. As a direct result of Melissa Saunderson, we are at risk of being married in community of property. Melissa Saunderson has often lied directly to us, and refuses to give as a date and time to meet with them in person. The managing partner Brad Saunderson has been just as unresponsive. We tried to phone him for the last week but always receive voice mail. He also failed to respond to our last 3 emails and various sms messgaes.

Beware of Melissa Saunderson And Saunderson Attorneys. Before you use this supposed law firm, please Google them. You will see that Google auto completes Saunderson Attorneys to Saunderson Attorney Complaints. There are tons of people who complain about exactly the same thing. Melissa Saunderson is extremely unprofessional an will cause you a lot of frustration...

This is a simple consumer warning, our official complaint consists of more than 21 pages.

Kl
Mar 16, 2014

Comments

• Mi
      24th of Apr, 2014

We have also been given the run around by Saunderson Attorneys. My husband and I used them for our ANC contract. It's now been 9 months and all we get is excuses and more excuses on why we haven't received our contract yet. Melissa promised me a tracking number for my contract and I am still awaiting. These people need to be stopped and I will do everything I can on my side to take them to the cleaners.

• Ak
      8th of Jul, 2014

We have had similar complaints with Saunderson Attorneys. Someone should contact the law Society in this regard.

• 13
      4th of Aug, 2014

Same here. I'm lodging a complaint by the end of the week should I receive no feedback.

• Pe
      30th of Jul, 2015

Oh my word! I think we might be in the same boat!

• Ru
      31st of Jul, 2015

Same situation as everyone else. They completely duped us. Took our money but never delivered a service. They are professional con artists. I did my ANC with them in July 2013 and have never received a single document from them. Getting hold of them is impossible, and even when you do, they just lie to you and promise you more things but never deliver.

7th of Aug, 2015

I have just been made aware by my lawyers of the same thing. Cannot find us registered and we have been asked to enquire. This is absolutely ridiculous. Has anyone tried laying a formal complain at the Law Society?

10th of Nov, 2015

We are giving them the next 24 hours to respond to our messages, mails, text, etc.
    Then we are contacting the Law Society:
    Please direct all your complaints to:

Ms M Malatji

Fax: (012) 325 5877
    E-mail: [protected]@lsnp.org.za

• El
      25th of Nov, 2015

We have just been informed by our lawyers about the same issue. The lawyers have been trying to contact them but they do not answer their phones. If they have not responded to emails by tomorrow I will loge a complaint

26th of Nov, 2015

Same story here, 'due to unforeseen circumstances' they are unable to process our ANC contract and they suggest we contact other Notaries to get the job done. My guess is they will not refund the money either. How on earth do you make a living selling services that you never perform and tell them at the 11th hour to go find somebody else to do it? These people need to be stopped. This is daylight robbery, no better than a thief breaking into your home to steal your goods. It's only after this shocking treatment that I googled them, and my word - did I find a lot of similar stories.

• El
      26th of Nov, 2015

Are they still practicing or have they already been scrapped of the roll? We cannot get hold of them by phone or email, if you call on the cell phone it is put down as soon as it starts ringing. I only have Brad Saundersons no as this was the person I dealt with at the time.

• Si
      29th of Nov, 2015

Charmaine ! My body just filled with goose bumps !! We got the very same email !! Exactly ! My husband and I got married on the 15th November 2015 ... and then that is what we get !! They told us to go to another Notary but we need the damn contract to do that?!
    FRAUDS !!! DISGUSTING SERVICE! !

• Ra
      6th of Dec, 2015

Any body had any luck with this? We were also duped! The law society didn't help us either and now it apparently costs thousands to change to Anc!

• Lo
      8th of Dec, 2015

Any luck here?? I am trying to get hold of them. They never sent our contract to the deeds office!!! What do you do from here?

5th of Jan, 2016

Does anyone knows if they are still using their office in roodeport or have their other contact numbers because melissa number doesn't go throw, they stole our money as well and never register our Anc

• Kh
      5th of Feb, 2016

The Saunders (husband & wife) were arrested in December 2015 and are out on bail. We received this information from the Deeds Office in Johannesburg. They are currently building a case against them and anyone who can assist with providing any information against them must come forward. You can contact the Deeds office In Johannesburg to get the investigating officers details or visit their offices in Johannesburg CBD.

• Kh
      5th of Feb, 2016

The Saunderson (husband & wife) were arrested in December 2015 and are out on bail. We received this information from the Deeds Office in Johannesburg. They are currently building a case against them and anyone who can assist with providing any information against them must come forward. You can contact the Deeds office In Johannesburg to get the investigating officers details or visit their offices in Johannesburg CBD.

5th of Feb, 2016

Beware of the Saunderson attorney, this is Brad Saunderson, the person that stole our money and never register our ANC, I'm also going to take him and the Wife Melissa to the Hawks for taking my money and never register my anc and I called him today with my number and he ignored my calls and few minutes later I called him with a different number and he answered, and when I ask him why they took the money and never register he hanged the fone up and never answer all my calls, on Wednesday the 2nd den 16, I went to his house at little falls and I buzzed the intercom and no one answered for about 2 hours and thought they was no one there and one of the neighbors came and told me the I'm not the first person who went to there house and I left to go buy something to drink and the neighbor told me that immediately after I left they also left three house which means they have been watching me on there cameras inside the house, the solution is to get the Hawks involved because he won't stop stealing people's money, BECAFULLY OF THIS THIEF PARTNERS, this is his picture from his from his what's up.he blocked me now

Regards Tshepo

5th of Feb, 2016

Be warned this this attorney name Brad Saunderson, I went to his house on the 2nd den 16 and waited for 3 hours on his drive way and buzzed his intercom and they pretended that they were not inside and I ask one of the neighbor and they told me that I was not the first person to come there to look for them and they always hide themselves inside the house, I got his number from one of the neibour and today been the 5 th feb 16 I called him and he ignored my calls and I used a different fone and he answered and when I ask him why he is ignoring my calls as he took my money and never register my anc he hanged up on me, I also told him that I'm going to involve the Hawks as I believe they can assist since well he steal people money, I will not leave him to steal from me and I'm still going to go wait at his house and will make I get there early so they can stay inside and not go anywhere, this is his number :0832765668 for those who can't get hold of them, I'll be going back to there house again at little falls,

Tshepo Leburu

• Su
      8th of Feb, 2016

No share your email and yahoo . Please!!

CLOSED!!

• Su
      8th of Feb, 2016

No SPAM pls !!

10th of Feb, 2016

Can we involve the Hawks so they can arrest this bloody Brad and Melissa Saunderson

• Ol
      17th of Feb, 2016

I have just found out that I am also in the same position. How do I contact the deeds office to assist with their investigation? I have emails from her that state it was lodged and then another email to say she has it returned... I hate this feeling of being scammed and now have had quotes of over R15000 to get a post-nuptial agreement done. How can someone do this to people who are starting new lives together at such a happy time.

23rd of Feb, 2016

We were also caught by these fraudsters. Called the deeds office - no ANC registered. Don't know about the rest of the people here, but we were taken for R850-00. Brad Saunderson's number 083 276 5668 doesn't answer, goes to voice mail. All other contact numbers are dead too.
    The number for the Deeds Office is 011 843 8333. Ask to speak to a lady called Peggy. She checked both Jhb and Pta Deeds offices for me.
    Peggy also gave me the investigating officer's detail - Warrant Officer Mathebula on 011 373 3310 or 082 779 8560. I believe the case is being heard next month some time. Will probably be postponed.
    Information at hand is that the wife (Melissa) admitted to perpetrating this fraud without her husband's ( Bradley - who is the attorney) knowledge. Highly unlikely if you ask me. This was done in their house under his nose, so there is every probability he was in on it. The Organised Crimes unit is trying to link him to the fraud as well. So everyone who has been caught, please step forward and lets bury these thieves.

29th of Feb, 2016

Just a follow up on the cell number for Bradley Saunderson. It is an active number. I left a message for him and he did phone back, but kept silent. Obviously wanted to check who he was dealing with. I also kept quiet, other than "hello" a few times. He phoned my number twice. He is ducking and diving and obviously does not want to accept the responsibility for. From what I can make out, monies were paid into his trust account and as far as I know trust account are registered with the Law Society. I am going to investigate the possibility of sueing him as Managing Partner of the firm, not for the reimbursement of my payment, but for the cost of putting me in the position I should have been in, which I believe is around R20 000. If there is anyone who also wants to do this, please contact me on [protected]@54.co.za . It makes sense for all his victims to band together and see one attorney collectively in a class action. Saves each individual the costs of separate attorneys.

2nd of Mar, 2016

I just called the deeds office and was given warrant officer ver Mathebuka's details too. This seriously needs to be rectified ASAP. Please keep the feed updated as to what's going on. Thanks and good luck to everyone on here that has been affected by these frauds.

• Db
      2nd of Mar, 2016

Hi Guys, unfortunately my wife and i have gone through the same scam with Saunderson Attorneys. The sad part is I personally knew the Saundersons, so for them to scam people they know shows what type of people they are! i have been to the deeds office with our original contract with the falsified Deeds Office Stamp, there is definitely fraud here. we met with Attorneys yesterday as well as spoken to a very well respected advocate. We are going to fight this and we are going to recover the costs +/- R20000 to rectify the non registered forged ANC. i have found really good (and well priced) Attorneys who are really and more than willing to fight this. Feel free to contact me [protected]@yahoo.co.uk and i will pass on the Attorneys info. i cant give too much away right now on a public forum as this is going to go to court. The more of us that stand together the better the chances of us recovering our costs.

11th of Mar, 2016

Hello all

I went to the investigating officer yesterday and he informed me that the case was postponed on Wednesday 09 March 2016. Criminal charges are being brought against Melissa Saunderson and he advised me to try get in touch with others on here who are taking legal action. If anyone on here is getting legal advice, please let me know. we need to band together to get this resolved properly.

30th of Mar, 2016

I had a word with Warrant Mathebula today. He goes tomorrow to court to present the case against the Saundersons. If anyone has not yet contacted the Warrant, please do so today. He needs all info possible before he goes to court in the morning. The Warrant can be contacted on 082 7798560.

• Li
      30th of Mar, 2016

I used them to ... service was shocking beyond words, and Melissa was rude and unhelpful on every occasion I had dealings with her.
    Now I unfortunately need there help with the agreement they did in 2013 - AND THEY IGNORE ME FLAT OUT. Very scary to hear and read this!!!

• Ph
      17th of May, 2016

Hi Tshepo Leburu

Did you manage to win with the Saundersons? OMG, I'm in the same boat ... I need my ante nuptial contract ASAP!

• Le
      3rd of Jun, 2016

Just found out that I'm in the same boat.. How can we assist in getting these people behind bars?

10th of Jun, 2016

I having also been trying to get a hold of these people, what do we now that we already married. How do we check our status?
    Feel so disappointed and cheated.
    Absolutely disgusted!

• Me
      10th of Jun, 2016

About 6 years ago I wanted to study law. Because my husband was a qualified lawyer, a friend recommended that we start a home based practice dealing with prenuptial marriage contracts (an administrative legal service) that would provide an opportunity for me to meet the Law Society requirements of Articles. We had previously done a lot of legal work but for free to indigent people. Because my husband is the legally qualified person, the practice was in his name but I ran the day to day practice, met with clients, managed the finances and he only stepped in very occasionally to assist when required.
    About two years ago, the business began to struggle financially. I was too embarrassed to tell my husband and was convinced that I could turn things around. Many businesses in South Africa were struggling. The practice had an account with the deeds office where I lodged the prenuptial contracts, and this got into arrears. The Deeds office was paid regularly and as much as we had, but not in full and while it now seems unsurprising, at the time I was surprised that they put a hold on the account and would not allow any more contracts to be lodged until the account was settled in full. The problem was that I was then sitting with clients whose contracts I had prepared that could not be registered.
    I went to the banks to try to raise finance to settle the deeds office account as legally you can register the contract within 3 months so I was trying to beat this deadline. The banks determined that the earnings and existing indebtedness made it too risky and declined my requests. My husband was still, at this point, unaware of how bad things were. Our two vehicles were due to be paid off in a few months and I tried to reason with the Banks that this would free up disposable income, but they only agreed to revisit the matter when the vehicles were settled.
    Unfortunately, I felt I could not tell my husband the situation and hoped that by continuing to trade I could earn the needed money to fix the financial mess and register the outstanding contracts in court.
    My husband became aware of the crisis when a client somehow got his personal cell phone number and called him while he was working in Kenya. By the time he got home to South Africa it was too late to make any real difference other than to close the practice down. We had dozens of irate messages each day, many threatening the lives of myself and my family. We had people coming to our home to carry out their threats. We were literally too scared to leave or enter our home.
    As a consequence of my actions my family and I have lost everything. Through no fault of his, my husband is vilified on the internet and neither of us have employment. We have lost our home and the life we once had.
    I am deeply sorry for and ashamed of my actions. I have hurt and damaged many lives with my short-sightedness. I will do all that I can, when I can, to repay clients for services that I did not fully provide.
    Yours faithfully
    Melissa Saunderson

10th of Jun, 2016

Melissa your sad story is not going to make anyone sympathetic towards you. U only put yourself more in debt now when u should have just sorted a simple task. We all are going to fight u on this one...

13th of Jun, 2016

I have just found out that I am in the same boat. I have contacted the Warrant Officer who was most helpful. I will be reporting to the Law Society first thing in the morning. Michele H

13th of Jun, 2016

We have no sympathy Melissa - you have put us all in a hell of a position

• Gr
      20th of Jun, 2016

Hi Everyone we just realized the same happened to us!
    Can anyone please advise me on what to to now?

20th of Jun, 2016

Gertha - report it to Warrant Office Mathebuls 082 779 8560 and The Law Society. We are still waiting for the Law Society to come back to us. We have just been given a reference number. We are consulting with an attorney on Wednesday but as far as I have been told telephonically, a thumb suck - one is looking at about R20 000 to get this reversed as one has to get an Advocate, appear in court, they have to advertise in the Govt Gazette, local newspapers etc... The Saundereson's have really put a lot of people in a horrible position and certainly hope they will pay dearly for this. So yes you are married in COP as this point.

5th of Jul, 2016

Just a bit of an update, I hear that Melissa is trying to say that the Deeds office has not done their job, they submitted everything to the Deeds Office to be registered.The H number which is stamped on my ANC Contract which clearly is made up was never registered either in Johannesburg or Pretoria Deeds Office as an Attorney physically went there to try draw my documents which does not exist. So if you have a H number reflecting on your so called contract - it still may not registered.

15th of Sep, 2016

I did my ANC contract in 2011. Documents only shows a protocol number. How do I check if this contract was ever finalised as I have endless problems with home loan debt which the bank says I am liable for. Seems the banks knew something I didnt and didnt bother to advise me of these so called lawyers.