Meineke Car Care Center / Life Endangerment: installation of wrong parts

1 350 Rt 166South Toms River, NJ, United States
Phone: 732-244-0042

In brief: I consulted Meineke because my car was "catching" when coming out of turns and the steering was becoming difficult. Also: there was a loud "crunching" noice in the front end when turning. I asked them to check the steering, but they insisted it was the struts that needed replacing & a right front wheel hub assembly. When I picked up my car, I was told by the assistant manager, that my car may still handle rough until the struts break in. 2 days later, the noise was worse, the car was steering very much worse. I called and was told the same thing--and to bring it in next week if it continued. I drove it in immediately out of fear and was told once again that the struts had to break in. 2 days later while out driving, my car was so noisey and the steering so much worse that I drove in to another nearby care center. My car was diagnosed within 10 minutes of having a rack and pinion that needing replacing. Moreso, that it was in danger of immenent breakage and that I was in a life endangering situation. I paid to have it repaired. The car is fine ever since and after numerous appeals to goodness and 4 complaints 2 @ to Consumer Affairs and Meineke Corp and Better Business Bureua, the manager, Mr. M. O. is still insisting that what they did was normal. Plus he is refusing to re-imburse me for at least the cost of the struts. A measely $350. 00 . The struts, in fact, were not installed correctly and had to be adjusted by the other car center, plus, Meineke loosened up the heat flange causing another problem. I'm praying that they simply go out of business. If they are doing this to me, they are doing it to others. Consumer Affairs and Better Business Bur. are useless in resolving complaints and have no authority. They just have a lot of pencil pushers collecting pay checks that waste time on matters where there is no recourse with men of no honor or integrity. If anyone else has had a problem with Meineke in South Toms River, please contact me at Madamastar@aol.com for a possible class action complaint. Thank you. Best wishes to all other victims of the worst kind of piracy!