Mcdonalds / overcharging

1 Aurora, IL, United States Review updated:

I stopped at McDonalds one morning for a McGriddle meal. Gave the lady a $20, got my food & change, and pulled ahead out of the way to put the change in my wallet. She gave me $ back and on the receipt it showed I gave her a $10. I pulled back around and told them the mistake. I had just been to the ATM so all I had were $20's and even showed them the ATM receipt. They refused to give me my missing $10. I emailed McDonalds consumer complaint department and heard nothing back.

I do not go there anymore. They stole from me and the employees were rude about it. When I was a cashier in high school - we counted down our drawer if something like that happened to see if we were off by any amount. McDonalds wouldn't even do that. The way they were acting I think they were pocketing the $$.

Re

Comments

To
  4th of Sep, 2008

If that ever happens again and they employees refuse to count our the cash register just simply say: you have stolen from me and if you are unwilling to count out the draw and give me the proper change I will call the police and they will come and I will press theft charges...

Er
  18th of Sep, 2008

We visit McDonalds almost every Sunday after church in Darien, and sometimes during the week for breakfast. I have tried to send you a complaint since Mothers Day, but didn't know how, being a Sr., just starting to get used to this, I don't like complaining, but after this last time, I just had to say the we get rude people to wait on us, and they don't offer the specials, we order a sandwich, when we couldv'e gotten the special on the same one. Our money is tight as you well know, also we didn't get our discount in Hickory Hills, we have also ordered on the run with the order having cheese, which Icannot eat because of high blood pressure. I do cheat alittle with the bacon biscuit that I usually get. I really hate to complain, even if it's a small matter but it does add up for us. We go to Woodridge during the week, and it's always a perfect day for us. Darien is close to church. Thanks for listening.

Fl
  19th of Jun, 2009

My McDonalds here in Tulsa charges an extra 20 cents per value meal. They do it by breaking out the drink price and adding it to the meal price. I've complained and have been treated like an idiot. No longer eating there. Instead, I'm blogging about it.