Masterbuilt Contracting LLC / poor quality

1 South Plainfield, NJ, United States Review updated:

I would NOT recommend using Phil Masters for any remodeling or rennovation project. Poor quality and alot of hassles. Too many problems to list.

More Masterbuilt Contracting LLC Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Ai
      15th of Sep, 2010

I could not agree with you more. Shoddy work even though you pay top dollar. I wouldn't have him build my dog a house.

• Ne
      2nd of Jul, 2011

I just wish I had read this before we began working with him. Nearly a year after we began, our "30 day project" is complete. And by complete I DO NOT mean looks professional. Shoddy work is a fair statement

16th of Jul, 2011

Just FYI: This is not to be confused with Master Builders/masterbuilt.biz of Anchorage, Alaska. We are not affiliated in any way. We surely don't want comments like this to affect our excellent reputation. Sorry you had a bad experience with this company. If you are in or around Anchorage, Alaska - Give us a call. We won't do you wrong!

• Gr
      22nd of Dec, 2011

If you plan to work with this guy without listening to all the complaints here, the least thing you need to do is to understand payment schedule with this company. He will charge you majority money at beginning of job and leave little payment at end, so he can decide whether he will finish the job on his pleasure. When you pay him, make sure he finished everything on the list, nothing should be finished later, because he will never come back finish then, before you realized, you have many unfinished stuff for your project.

He has many unsatisfied customers out there with unfinished job and unsatisfied subcontractors that need to get paid. He has at least three or four jobs working same time, so make sure you check all of them for a time period, because one of them happy and many of them are not.

• Ai
      30th of Dec, 2011

Totally agree with Grumpy Customer... same happened here... don't know how this guy lives with himself... he can't feel good about not paying subs and he can't feel good seeing the tears of the women whose homes will not be complete to specs agreed upon. Timeframe is a joke... he says 3-4 months and then it takes 18 months. I will say it again... DO NOT let Phil Masters of Master built LLC in So. Plainfield NJ be your GC... unless you have a lot of time and money on your hands... we need to form a support group for Post Tramautic General Contractor Disorder.

• Ho
      21st of Mar, 2012

We hired him for our work and exactly same bad things happened as written in those previous comments. unfinished work, unpaid sub, arrogance, no return of email/phone call, ...

• Su
      12th of Jul, 2012

It seems Phil Masters is a MASTER at screwing people! My husband was hired by Phil as a subcontractor, my husband is one of the best in the business! We have never not been paid on a job in 26 years, until now! We are a small operation, work very hard for our money and this guy comes along and screws us. I also wondered how he sleeps at night but I figuare instead of counting sheep he counts his money, that he screwed hard working, honest people out of!!!