Mann Bracken / Awful everything

ONE PACES WEST SUITE 1400Atlanta, GA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 800-8173214
On 10/10/06 I came to an agreement to settle on an unsecured loan with Chase Bank, which they turned over to Mann Bracken for collection. I spoke with a rep (Ms Evans) who advised me I could settle for $1545.56. I mailed a check on 10/11/06 via USPS ExpressMail (tracking # showed it was received and I got delivery confirmation) which was received on 10/12/06 and cashed on 10/16/06. She promised the debt would be settled and I wrote on the front and back of the check that once cashed the debt would be settled.

On 10/17/06 I received a letter from the National Arbitration Forum stating that a document hearing would be held--Mann Bracken was to send them a letter stating I had settled the debt.

On 10/27/06 I received a signed letter from Mann Bracken stating they were holding a hearing as the next step to filing for a judgment against me. On 10/30/06 I received a phone call from Mann Bracken [protected] their Atlanta office#) they violated FCC regulations by calling to harass me, because on
8/29/06 I mailed a 'cease and desist' letter to their office via USPS Express Mail (tracking# showed it was received and I got delivery confirmation).

Also I had tried to settle the debt before by mailing a check to their office via USPS Express Mail (once again--tracking# showed it was signed for and received) on 7/7/06, but they never cashed it. I called them on numerous times, every rep lied to me saying that they never got my check but on the USPS website it was received.

Finally after I sent the 2nd check, they returned my 1st check--I received this by mail on 10/20/06 (it was mailed on 10/16/06 by the postage on the envelope). This debt is SETTLED! I would like the phone calls to stop and the arbitration claim to be dropped. They have violated FCC regulations by continuing to contact me via phone and mail after I sent a C&D letter and by lying about not receiving my 1st check and holding it without cashing it.

If anyone knows how to stop these idiots please tell me! I have already filed complaints with the BBB and the FTC, but that doesn't even seem to go anywhere.
Va

Comments

Ma
  7th of Nov, 2008
Mann Bracken has merged with Wolpoff Abramson and Eskanos Adler.

They have a deal with Axiant.

But, they are still lawyers and lawyers fear bar complaints. Scott Kramer of Mann Bracken's Virginia office had to leave for Maryland because of the Virginia Bar's actions against him.

http://collectionagencyhallofshame. blogspot.com points you in the right direction and if you can't wait go to http://mannbrackenwatch.blogspot.com and http://axiantwatch.blogspot.com.

I used the approach of dealing with the lawyer, Chris Diwan in Atlanta. He took a debt on my HSBC card, it was nearly $10, 000 down to $400.
Ah
  23rd of Nov, 2008
Mann Bracken keeps calling my home looking for someone they believe is a relative of mine. I don't know this person and they certainly haven't had this number for the past decade. I've called to tell them that they have the wrong person and to stop calling, but they persist. What legal recourse do I have?
Ht
  30th of Mar, 2009
If they have the wrong number, looking for someone who is not at that number…use abusive language! The employees won't tolerate it! Call them nasty names, make fun of their sister and tell them their mother had sex with a goat and a dog to produce them, otherwise it would not be possible for them to be so stupid.

If you are male and the caller is a woman, ask her what she is wearing and ask her what positions she likes to have sex in. If you are female and the caller is male, ask him how long it is.

Pretty soon they'll take you off the list.

When Mann Bracken called me, I asked to talk to Mann or Bracken. They were not available. I said "oh that's because they are either gay or out with the cheapest hookers in town" and after about a day of that no more calls!
Ni
  15th of Sep, 2009
They are horrible!! I called in and tried to make a payment and talk to them and they are horrible people to deal with - they wouldn't listen, threatened to garnish my pay, etc.