Manchester SubaruFraud

Owner Todd Berkowitz and salesman Matt Knezevic conspired to cheat me (and presumably many others) out of an "owner loyalty rebate" advertised by the dealer. This fraudulent practice could not be any more blatant: the dealer prominently advertised a $500 rebate on the purchase of a new Subaru Outback Sport for existing owners.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Manchester, NHAt purchase Knezevic took the information, and repeatedly assured me that everything was "all set". After months of waiting, and having Berkowitz tell me that the check will arrive soon (including "it will be mailed today"), I have received nothing. Potential customers should beware -- clearly the owner (Berkowitz) promotes and condones an unethical business culture that seeks to cheat (and if possible defraud) customers. There are many other dealers in the area, at Manchester Subaru you're taking your chances.

Or

Comments

• Fr
      Nov 12, 2009

I also had the worst consumer experience of my life at Manchester Subaru after buying a new Subaru in the Fall 0f 2009.The sales staff is friendly until after you sign the contract... THEN you see how little they care about customer service. I was lied to, my calls were not returned, consistently treated rudely. I was not told at the time of sale that some standard equipment was missing in my new Subaru. It took six weeks of constant calling to get them to fix the issue. The owner, Mr. Todd Berkowitz, was the rudest and most obnoxious of anyone I dealt with. He was unapologetic, intractable, intransigent and a complete boor. He never returned my one call to him and when I spoke to him in person he said "I'm only hearing your side of the story" and, of course, made no effort to find out the "other side" of the story. Unbelievable. I am thrilled to never have to deal with them again!

• Or
      Nov 13, 2009

This sound all too familiar -- the issue may be a different one, but the treatment you describe matches my experience perfectly! Even in an industry known for its low ethical standards, Manchester Subaru and Mr. Berkowitz manage to set new lows. Clearly this dealership believes that lying and cheating new customers is far more profitable than working to get repeat business from its existing customers. Whether or not my next car is a Subaru, it definitely won't be from this dealership. Fred, if you are still having problems, I would recommend contacting Subaru of America (SOA) directly. In my case, they were quite helpful and managed to coerce the dealership into paying me half of the money owed, while they (SOA) paid the remainder. Also, a complaint to the BBB in NH won't get any tangible results, but it will help to get the word out. I've already told more than a few people to stay away from this place.

• Cu
      Mar 19, 2010

Unfortunately the customer that complained about Manchester subaru is not correct. The customer bought the vehicle after the program ended and the dealership still honored part of the rebate as a good faith gesture. we at Manchester Subaru are proud of our customer base and try to do everything to maintain it. If anyone has any questions regarding the integrity of the dealership they can reach our customer care department at [protected].
    Manchester Subaru

• Ap
      Jul 14, 2010

Sounds like you are just lying again and CYA Manchester Subaru.

Yeah, there's definitely some fraudulent Subaru dealers in America.

Stay away from Hunter Chevrolet/Subaru in HNL, NC too.

Had 3 brake failures the first 6 months I owned the car and they refused to fix even ONE of them!

What is it, with you Subaru Dealers now?

I wouldn't buy a flipping wheelbarrow from you Subaru dealers.

you're crooked, you treat the customers with disrespect and contempt.
    You don't fix the problem or don't even know how to fix it in many cases!

Never again will I buy a Subaru. It's expensive and breaks down.

• Or
      Jul 26, 2010

Actually it isn't even CYA -- it is (yet another) blatant lie from these pathetic, dishonest, dirt bags. The vehicle was purchased on Feb. 20. The rebate program was valid until the end of February. I have a dated archive of the ManchesterSubaru.com web site which clearly shows the offer date.

• Eg
      Aug 12, 2010

Never had an experience like this in the past 8 years that I have used Subaru of Manchester. Please look them up in the Better Business Bureau Guide. They are listed as A+.

Dec 04, 2010

EGH, the fact that you have not had a bad experience at Manchester Subaru does not negate the significance of the very bad experiences some of us have had. You also cite their BBB rating as something that counters these customer comments. The BBB rating is pretty much a rubber stamp. If a business responds to complaints submitted via the BBB they are not penalized. It devolves into a "their word vs your word" situation.
    Are you invalidating the experiences of customers expressed on this site? You can't get that information on the BBB! I see the comments here as much more meaningful than a soft rating from the business friendly BBB. It seems odd that a satisfied customer would go the extra step of pointing out a BBB rating in response to hearing about a customer complaint. That sounds like what someone affiliated with the business would do.

Dec 04, 2010

One more thing... notice that Manchester Subaru did not have any comment on my situation, they only commented on orquit's. I received HORRIFIC treatment from the owner of Manchester Subaru. He was so vile my girlfriend later cried. So my question for 'Customer Care Department': What is the point of calling the Customer Care Department if the owner of the business doesn't return phone calls and threatens to have me arrested when I complain in person? Yes, you read that right -- he used threatened to call the Police to get rid of me instead of responding to my legitimate complaint. OUTRAGEOUS. The man should be running a prison, not a business.

• Me
      Nov 21, 2012

The Manchester Subaru also bullies their employees and treats them poorly. I have heard more than once upon visiting their dealership employees being treated like children and idiots. The management has lost all of my business because of their bullying. NO business can treat employees poorly and be a good business to work with.Todd Berkowitz is a bully and lord know he has taught his staff well to treat the employees like they are nothing too. I spoke to 1 mechanic who said has has been fired from there multiple times to keep him in line and that is not uncommon practice. I head another staffer get screamed at for having a cell phone... seriously. IN FRONT OF CUSTOMERS!!! I have made phone call reporting this behavior and since nothing was done i have left them for all of my driving needs and found Lovering Volvo to be much better at treating customers and i pray staff.

• To
      Dec 08, 2012

Unfortunately your comments are extremely invalid and quite frankly disturbing. Most of the employees have been working at the dealership for several years and have always been treated with respect and dignity. You seem to be focused on fictional or misunderstood conversations which is why we do not engage in this type of nonsense. If someone is terminated it is more than likely for reasons other than a one time issue in fact the dealership has a process in place for that. Never would an employee be fired three times no company would do that and shame on you for attacking our employees including manangment. Your time should be used to evaluate yourself instead of creating false claims.
    The staff at Manchester Subaru

• Jj
      Dec 08, 2012

I never get involved in this type off online drama but after reading that complaint I have to say that it sounds like the comments of a malcontent. We bought three cars at Manchester Subaru in the past nine years and never witnessed anything like that . Everyone there including the owner is friendly and they all go the extra mile to make you feel at home. Its sure not like other car dealers I been to. I hear that the owner does a lot of nice things for local charities and organizations. As I stated I have never seen Mr Berkowitz even raise his voice to an employee or customer let alone bully anyone. Those comments plain silly.

• Ri
      Sep 10, 2017

I have never had that kind of experience that matches the Subaru Todd Berkowitz has always taking care of me and my family we have purchased sexual bruise from the dealership and as long as he owns that dealership I will purchase more cars from him he's treated us with nothing but respect dignity and goes the extra mile to make sure that we can get the car we want for the price we want and if there's any problems he takes care of it right away

• Ri
      Sep 10, 2017

@Rich Langevin Jr Should read several Subaru this site is messed up.