Mags4Cheap / No magazine - No refund!

United States Review updated:
Ordered (4) magazines in March, 2007 and paid by "VISA' in the amount of $79. Two days later, charges were shown on my "VISA" statement. As of this writing, Tuesday, October 23rd, 2007 I have not received any magazines and I have not received a refund as they promised. Spread the word to all your friends and neighbors not to do business with them... I have made numerous telephone calls and sent many e-mails to no avail...

I should have known better... but it's guys like these that ruin it for all the other people that try to do business in a reputable manner. We should run them out of the country! I'm ready for a "Class Action Lawsuit" if anyone will join me.

Kindest regards,

Byron Hanson.

Comments

Am
  30th of Apr, 2007
Mags4Cheap - I ordered a subscription to Newsweek magazine on 1/24/07 as a gift. My credit card was charged promptly yet the person I ordered the sub for has not received one issue as of today 4/30/07. I inquired via customer service with the mags4cheap website and have yet to receive a response.
Su
  21st of May, 2007
Same happened to me. I finally did get a response but no reimbursement. They said that they sent the order in to Popular Science so I had to deal with Popular Science. Popular Science said they had no such order. It has been a year and Mags4Cheap just sent me a renewal notice, even though I haven't received a single copy!
Mi
  29th of May, 2007

Mags4Cheap - Credit card charged, subscription never received!

In December 2006, I ordered a magazine subscription through Mags4Cheap to “Fit Yoga Magazine” and Mags4Cheap charged my credit card at that time.

I never received the publication and after countless calls to Mags4Cheap and to the publisher, I can not get a subscription going that I paid for many months ago.

At Mags4Cheap, I have spoken to Brian (manager) and Nicole and others and still no resolution.

14760 Memorial Dr. Suite 306
Houston, Texas 77079
Phone: (281) 558-3949

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thank you.

Mike Little
Ba
  3rd of Aug, 2007

Mags4Cheap - No products for months!

Ordered in Jan 07 a monthly mag didn't receive an issue till april. Ordered a gift subscription a week after first order (thought it would be an easy gift.) Ha! That was FEB 7 2007 today is August 3 2007 and the person has still not received anything. Yes I did file complaints with them and they either didn't respond or stated that publisher issues can take up to 12 weeks to be delivered. Why? Well they evidently take 11 weeks before they turn in the order so they can get some benefit from holding your money.
Sh
  21st of Aug, 2007

Mags4Cheap - Fraud and cheating!

Ordered and was charged for People magazine subscription 03/24/07. Was not received so contacted them and they advised it would be sent within 4 weeks. That was 06/20/07. Have been trying to reach them since first part of July with no success. By phone I am disconnected. When leaving message for return call, I am ignored. I contacted Better Business Bureau of Metropolitan Houston and Mags 4 Cheap would not cooperate with them. What a scam!!!
  3rd of Sep, 2007

Mags4Cheap - Never received mag or refund

I placed an order for a magazine in January of 2007 and was billed $21.95. After not receiving the mag in the 10-12 week period, I emailed them. I received an email informing me that because there was such a large order for the magazine over Christmas, that I would have to wait a little longer. One more month went by and I called mags4cheap and was told by a very disinterested Brian that he'll put in a trouble ticket. Finally in July, I called again and told Brian I wanted to cancel my order. He said that I would receive a refund by check because they do not refund credit cards and that I should receive it in 10 days. It's two months later and I still haven't received a thing.
De
  19th of Sep, 2007

Mags4Cheap - Subscription never received!

I paid for four subscriptions, but only received two. The company has not responded to any of my emails and if I try waiting on the phone for customer service to answer, I get disconnected. If I call and leave a message, the message is not returned. Mags4Cheap uses Google Checkout. If we all contact Google, maybe Google will stop allowing Mags4Cheap to use their checkout system. I will also contact the Texas Attorney General's office with a complaint!

Beware!
Ya
  4th of Oct, 2007

Mags4Cheap - No response from customer service, never received my magazines!

I was supposed to receive my magazine in June 2007, but I never did. So I emailed, and called, left message, also wrote to their company in Texas. Then I checked my order status online, it says my order was resubmitted to the publisher, and I should receive my magazine by October the latest. Today I checked my order status, the resubmission part was deleted, so my status still says I will receive magazine in June, 2007. So everything is back to the beginning.
Ji
  31st of Oct, 2007
Same story with me - ordered in Jan '07, no magazines, no refund. I'm up for a class action on this.
Ge
  1st of Nov, 2007

Mags4Cheap - Got burned for $89.95!

Stay away from this company. Strange enough that they didn't burn me until my third order. I guess they hook you, then they burn you??? After talking and emailing with Nicole from Mags4Cheap and stated that they had to reorder mag and so forth. I finally disputed my credit card charge 6months after it posted. WAMU stated 60 day limit on disputing a charge after posting or after mailing appears on credit card statement. WAMU is off the hook for reimbursement and so is MAGS4CHEAP .. I will never ever wait or order something from internet and wait more than two weeks for product as the FEDERAL LAW LIMIT IS 60 DAYS TO SUBMIT DISPUTE AND BANK IS LIABLE. Credit Card Fraud itself is another matter and individual is only liable for first $50 and banks usually waive that. I am currently looking for a Credit Card with stronger language on internet disputes recourse and protection.

Thanks to Complaints Board. Hope this helps somebody!
  2nd of Nov, 2007

Mags4Cheap - No magazines more than 3 months later!

I ordered Rolling Stone from this site on July 25. It is now November 2 and I haven't received 1 magazine. I've emailed them twice with no meaningful response except an automated email showing that they got my email. I called them and after sitting on hold for several minutes got through to an actual human. She then put me on hold for another several minutes. It sounded like she just set the phone down, and there was no activity in the background. I think she just set the phone down and went and checked her makeup. She got back on and told me some vague generalities about how my magazine would be there soon. I called my credit card and am now challenging the charge. AVOID THIS JOKE OF A "MERCHANT".
Ew

Mags4Cheap - Do not deliver orders and refused refund

I ordered a magazine from mags4cheap.com in April. it never arrived. I called, they reordered. it never came. Now they won't issue a refund. Apparently, they have quite a reputation for this business practice.

This company is owned by Creative One, Inc.
14760 Memorial Dr # 306
Houston, TX 77079

The BBB reports on members and non-members. If a company is a member of the BBB, it is stated in this report.

Original Business Start Date: 09/01/03
Entertainment4Cheap
Magazines for Cheap
Mags4cheap.com

CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE

Based on BBB files, this company has an unsatisfactory record with the BBB due to unanswered complaint(s).

When evaluating complaint information, please consider the company's size and volume of business. The number of complaints filed against the company may not be as important as the type of complaints and how the company handled them.

The BBB processed a total of 236 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total 236 complaints in the last 36 months, 167 of those were closed in the last 12 months.

Complaints Concerned

Resolved: 10; No Response: 73

Billing or Collection Issues: 4
Unresolved: 1; No Response: 3

ADDITIONAL TRADENAMES, ADDRESSES AND TELEPHONE NUMBERS

This business also uses the following names, addresses and/or telephone numbers:

Entertainment4Cheap
800 Tully Rd # 170G (281) 368-2468
Houston, TX 77079
  2nd of Nov, 2007
That's the EXACT pattern I had too. My first two orders went beautifully. I'm been waiting over 3 months for the third one.
  2nd of Nov, 2007
Oh, by the way, WAMU must really suck because I was aware that 60 days was the limit, but Citibank is challenging the charge after more than 90 days anyway because of the special circumstances that I told them-- Mags4Cheap doesn't even allow you to inquire until 90 days after they rip you off.
Mo
  15th of Nov, 2007
I'm in. There was an error message in my transaction, they don't even know what magazine I chose yet they still charged my credit card, Nov' 07. The BBB has over 230 complaints. How many do you need to classify them as crooks and shut em down? Let's do it together.
Je
  20th of Nov, 2007

Mags4Cheap - Doesn't deliver
Port Clinton
Ohio
www.mags4cheap.com

More of the same I guess. I also got burned by these scam artists. Charged me immediately for a subscription then told me it would be up to 12 weeks for subscription to start. That was last April. Subsequent emails requesting information get an auto response that a "trouble ticket" has been submitted but of course you get nothing. I think their tact is just take your money and hope you go away after being snubbed enough times. I am surprised that Visa and Mastercard still allow these people to charge credit cards with the amount of rip-offs they have been involved in.
Ni
  27th of Nov, 2007
Thanks for this info. It is very helpful. I also got burned by mags4cheap big time! Worse company ever!
Ka
  12th of Dec, 2007

Mags4Cheap - Never received subscription
Mags4cheap
North Dakota
www.mags4cheap

Purchased National Geographic on Mags4cheap but did not receive the magazine. It's a year later and I am still trying to resolve the issue. I contact customer service at Mags4cheap, they tell me they'll look into it and I then I don't hear from them again. It's certainly one of the worst customer service departments I've ever dealt with.
Ka
  26th of Dec, 2007
On September 24th, 2007. I order a subscription for "good old days". paid for it with mastercard. Have not received the magazine yet.
I am very careful about ordering on line but sure thought this was a good company. old people get scammed like this all the time. Never again. I just got taken for $19.95. Guess i am lucky.
Ke
  7th of Jan, 2008

Mags4Cheap - Renewal never received
Mags4Cheap

I ordered a one year subscription to Astronomy Magazine from Mags4Cheap for my son in 2006 and received it without a hitch. 4 months before the magazine subscription expired, I attempted to renew again through Mags4Cheap. After watching the expiration date printed on the magazine label never change I contacted the publisher to see if the renewal was processed. They told me they had received nothing. I immediately contacted Mags4cheap via e-mail who responded and opened a "trouble ticket" on my order. They apologized and claimed to have resent the information to the publisher. I checked back with the publisher and still nothing. I went through this runaround 3 times over the last two months and now Mags3Cheap stopped responding to me. I tried calling their contact number (1-877-WEB-MAGS, 1-877-932-6247) and never did better than voice mail and never received a response. I am giving them one more chance and if they don't take care of this am reporting them to the Internet Crime Complaint Center - http://www.ic3.gov/. There is not much money involved here - just the principle of the matter, my son's disappointment, and all the other people that are getting burned - I see from browsing the web that bad experiences are much more common the good ones with this company. I wish I would have researched them before I ordered.