Magellan GPS / Broken accessories, horrible customer service!

471 El Camino RealSanta Clara, CA, United States Review updated:
4.15

I bought a Roadmate 800 in October last year and the windshield mount broke after 7 months. I sent 2 RMA requests via their online submission form and received no response. Finally I called tech support and *SURPRISE* I spoke to someone who is obviously in India. They said I would be receiving a new mount in 7-10 business days. Nothing. I've been calling them back every week or so for the past 3 months and get the same 2 excuses - their system is going through an upgrade or the item is backlogged. Magellan does not care about its customers - it makes a mediocre product and provides horrible customer service.

DO NOT BUY MAGELLAN. BUY A TOMTOM.

Comments

Ed
  27th of Nov, 2007
Ive had the same problem . Ive sent my Magellan in for repairs about three months is seems to me the Magellan does not care about customer service. Buy Garmin had great experience with their customer service and returns.
Da
  4th of Dec, 2007
I have just been trying to get my unlock code working for a month and have experienced the same thing from tech support 7 times. They have no complaint dept or anyone to call that knows anything who can help. I let our corporate merchandising rep know what was going on as I work for a major national technology and office supply reseller. I would never sell or buy a Magellan again. The absolute worst support I have ever dealt with work or personal.
DONT BUY A MAGELLAN...
Je
  7th of Mar, 2008
I purchased a Model 4040 Magellan GPS in November of 2007. The home charging unit was missing from the box. I began calling their "customer service" number and was promised that it would be replaced in 4-7 business days. It didn't come. I called three times in December and was assured that it would come in 4-7 business days. It didn't come. I called 3 times in January and was told it would come in 4-7 business days. Again in February I was promised 4-7 business days. This is now March 7th. I will not try again nor will I ever recommend a Magellan product. I asked the person in India if they could provide a number in the USA where I could call and they refused to give one. I wrote a letter to their CEO and he didn't reply. How can a company with such poor customer service stay in business.
Jerry Hooper