MagazineCity.com / Undelivered subscription

1 630 Peter Jefferson PkwyCharlottesville, VA, United States Review updated:
Phone: (434) 817-1800

3. You do not get your magazines

The problem is for most people it stops here, because a $10 or $15 dollar subscription isn’t worth all the follow up, but if you do follow up… here’s what happens.

4. You wait on hold for 20-30 minutes
5. They tell you should be getting your magazines soon (problems with the publisher)
7. Cycle repeats

I encourage everyone to file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. This company scams customers. Read the complaints they are out there!

Comments

• Us
      28th of Feb, 2008

• Us
      28th of Feb, 2008

• Ny
      5th of Mar, 2008

I have been fighting with Magazine City for 8 months now... I wish I had read the complaints first!

BBB is the best way to handle this and the only way to get an answer.

• St
      11th of Apr, 2008

i am currently in a battle of my own with magazine city. I ordered a magazine from them about 10 months ago and am still waiting for my first issue. I have called then constantly about my complained. Calling and calling usually takes me about three quarters an hour to get through they keep telling me its in the mailing process. how long does it take . how can a company runs a bussiness like this its very appalling and frustating at time. were do we go from here

17th of Apr, 2008

I ordered online 4 children's magazines from Magazine City on Nov. 28, 2007. After 16 weeks, I called to ask where they were. I got a customer service representative who told me my order had just completed the "processing period", whatever that is. She told me that my magazines would arrive in April. Today, April 16, I called again. This time I was told my magazines would arrive in May. I then called the the magazines directly. Neither magazine company that I reached had heard of me or received any money for my order through Magazine City. I called Magazine City back to request a refund. I pretended to want to buy a magazine to get someone on the line. I did get a customer service representative, but I was unable to speak to a manager, because the manager had "gone home". I left a message and plan to call back tomorrow. I recommend that anyone waiting for a magazine, call the magazine directly to see if the order has really been processed.

• Cr
      17th of Oct, 2008

Your example of "how it works" is exactly what happened to me when I tried to order a subscription to Rolling Stone magazine.

You've summed up MagazineCity.com's entire business plan.

16th of Feb, 2009

I had a similar experience. Placed my order in September. I followed up in December and they (rudely) assured me they had contacted the publisher who said I would be getting my mags soon. In January I got a similar but inconsistent story. Contacted the magazine directly and they said they had no record of my subscription. I finally gave up and had my credit card company cancel the transaction.