MagazineCity.com / Never got magazine, took my money!

I got taken, the same as everyone else. We ordered a magazine for my daughter's Christmas present on 11/28/07. The check was cashed on 12/07/07. Here it is, 5/19/08, and no magazine. I called 2 months ago--same old story--"allow more time for subscription to start." Their phone number now just keeps you on hold, then hangs up on you after about 10 minutes. NEVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Jj

Comments

• Ba
      19th of May, 2008

Contact the BBB. I got my money back in 10 days after dealing with their BS for two months.

• Jj
      21st of May, 2008

Thanks for the advice. I filed a complaint with the BBB yesterday, and low and behold, I got a call today from the "Compliance Officer" at Magazinecity. He said he was sincerely sorry, and the magazine publisher had never put us on its list. He promised to fax them immediately AND gave us a free extra year to the magazine. Let's see if he follows through. Wonderful what the right advice can do!
    Thanks so much.

• Mi
      29th of Jan, 2009

I had the same experience with Magazine City. They took $110.00 for a 2-year subscription which never arrived. It took me 8 months of fighting them to get a refund, including a formal complaint with the BBB and threats of legal action against them. I never did receive a single issue of the subscription. Won't someone please start a class action lawsuit against this business? It is a SCAM, and that's all.

• Ab
      26th of Oct, 2009

I am soooo frustrated with this company...my story is almost identical to all the others. I am still waiting for my credit card refund...this whole process started last year when I ordered a mag. called Wired for a Xmas present...the story goes on and on. To date I have received no magazine, no promised gift mag. for all the inconvenience, they blamed the mag. and said they took it down from their site, and now no reimbursement on my credit card. I will be going to BBB as well.

• Ko
      4th of Nov, 2009

I contacted the Better Business Bureau of Virginia because they charged my VISA for $23.97 on March 23, 2009, for a magazine subscription that was a GIFT for my Mother's Birthday and they NEVER sent it to me! They charged my VISA that very same day. Month's went by and I emailed them (customer service) on their website as well as through my personal email account. NO ANSWER. Called numerous times only to be told to call back later, after being on hold for 15+ minutes. The last time the BBB contacted me with an "offer" from MagazineCity.com to "resubmit my order since it was lost" I told them NO WAY! I want my money refunded and I refuse to do business with these people. They closed my case siting they had done all they could. Well, here I sit to this day, eight month's later, and my VISA card has never been credited! Now I am going to have to seek legal counsel to take them to court. I am going to ask that they pay for my legal fee's! I am so furious!! Don't do business with these people!! Lorrie

• Su
      6th of Jan, 2010

I too contacted the BBB and was surprised to get a response from Magazine City. They also promised me my original subscription and a bonus subscription for my troubles. That was months ago and still nothing. Today I put a complaint in with the FTC. I encourage others to do so also. This company should not be in business. They seem to always blame the publishers but I doubt it's their fault all the time. I placed my original magazine subscription in December 2008.