Mac Mall.com / Rebate refusal

I purchased a Macbook and accessories from macmall on Dec 23rd. I received them about Dec 28th. Products were fine not problems. I purchased these items especially the accessories because of the rebate offfers. Well they had to be sent out within 1 months time so I sent the rebates and correct requirements out within 5 days of receiving the products. Last week I Mar. 1st I finally received a rebate for my shipping. $15. I was then sent a letter by MacMall saying that was all I was going to receive so I contacted them and they said they never received my rebates. Well the tricky thing is the rebates were all sent out together so if one got there they all should of. I was sent back my rebate for the printer by the US Postal service for more postage money. By surprise macMall received that one,... and it was late. Which I knew it would be because of the return. So they will not honor that. They say it was 20 days late which is impossible being it was sent out 2 days prior to being late. So it should have been within a week of the due date. I find it very fishy that MacMall didn't receive the rebates they OWE me close to $200. But they did receive the shipping and the late rebate neither of which they pay. So I you ever order from these Jerks send your rebates with confirmation of being received so they can't screw you.

Kyle Nelson

Comments

• Mw
      1st of Feb, 2008

I have had same problem with refusal of rebates. Actually were received on time. Simple refuse to honor. 12/07 purschase of Mini/printer/software.

• Ri
      9th of Feb, 2008

Complete agreement! Purchased MacBook Pro late Dec. all rebates filled out as required (which took the better part of 3 hours to complete) only about 2/3 have come through as payable. I have a printer that my macmall rep actually typed in as "qualifying" for the rebate in the invoice comments area... just got the letter back from Epson stating it did not qualify. Bought Parallels Desktop 3.0 tried to install it today, it has an invalid Activation Key, bought FMP 9.0 upgrade, first package had a corrupted disk, had the pleasure of hassling to get that returned and had to buy another one in the process. All in all a terrible experience!

19th of Feb, 2008

I sent in two rebates on the same day. They processed one and I received a check for $19. However they never sent me my $150 rebate check for my laptop pro. The website says they didn't receive the rebate info. I have emailed 3 times and they have not responded back. I am the owner of an advertising agency and have bought from MacMall for years. If they don't make good on this, I will not use them again.

13th of Jun, 2008

There must be the way how to make more people aware of their practices.

Had I know this I would not buy from them. Now I hate my self being so stupid.

I will look into finding some way how to affect their rating on major shopping cart sites like Amazon etc. If anyone knows better way please let me know.

Thanks, Joe.

• T
      17th of Jun, 2008

I have had NOTHING but problems with this company from the very first transaction. I bought a Refurb Westinghouse Plasma for an ill friend so she could watch while in bed, as she is nearly invalid. I had to return FOUR different units after driving 70 miles round trip each time to do so. Yes, I tested several in the store before I left. They worked and went DOA within 1 hour use, every one. They would not refund my money, they kept giving me store credit, making me get one unit after another.

5 months later, I ordered an iMac 24" brand new. No refurb, should be no problem right? I opened an account with their “no payments no interest account” on a Friday. The account was supposed to be verified that day for credit purposes. Day after day went by. I kept calling and they kept saying they'd call. Finally Monday they called and I was told Five times on various calls that day, that the Mac would be shipped that day. (I kept calling because the online status kept saying "In Process.") The last call at 5pm they told me they GUARENTEED shipment that night.
    Tuesday a woman called “Lai” called me and asked me what partition size I wanted! I'm like Whatt!!???" “My Mac is supposed to be on a truck right now! Why are you asking me about partition sizes when I was guaranteed shipment AND the order was verified by TWO supervisors!?”
    6 hours and over 15 calls later, I am NOT exaggerating… the end result is Lai canceled my first order, making a second order, which as then declined because the 1st order will not clear BillMeLater for FIFTEEN days!! Meaning a Mac I needed over nighted, I cannot even get AT ALL for 15 days or more. Period!

Now… this is despite having various operators REPEATING back to me addresses, order info, verifying partition sizes, order specs, etc.

I should have learned my lesson the first TV.

This is the number one worst online company I have EVER had to deal with.

I am on the phone at this very second trying to get a hold of Shawn Goldenburg or the CEO Frank Khulusi. I am yet still being hung up on put back in the call loop, etc, at this very moment.

Now I have a $4, 000 open credit line I cannot use, dinging my credit for a new account, and have to go and buy a Mac somewhere else after waiting for 5 days for no reason at all.

• He
      9th of Jul, 2008

T,
    I work for Bill Me Later and recently came across your comment. I would like to help follow up with this situation. Please feel free to email me at: Heather.Fields@billmelater.com

Sincerely,
    Heather Fields
    Bill Me Later, Inc.

• Do
      23rd of Aug, 2008

These comments are disturbing. I will think twice about ordering any further hardware - or software- from this vendor, based on this feedback. Too bad for Mac Mall, there are so many opportunities for a company to succeed based on 'best practice' that it's amazing they are willing to risk future business just to pocket a few $ that belong to the consumer.

I believe Mac Life magazine should drop them as an advertiser. It is not socially responsible to accept ads from a vendor who does not honor sales commitments to consumers for after-market product support, or as a bon-fide reseller of hardware.

Mac Life needs a letter to the Editor (psst... Joe Jojanovik)

26th of Nov, 2008

Glad to have read the reviews. Was in the process of buying a Mac Book and 3 year service contract. Had them in the check out mode on their site. Deceided luckily to check Google for complaints. Will not bother buying on line if the online store is just baiting with false hopes of a rebate. Thanks guys for posting.

1st of Dec, 2008

I recently bought a laptop from Macmall and I can't tell you how disappointed I am with the whole experience. At checkout the product was listed as having a $250 rebate.. I later found out that the total rebate is only $150. I called customer service and they had no clue on why the website was showing the original rebate amount... In addition, their website shows as the product was shipped already over the weekend.. BUT as per customer service the product has not been shipped yet. Customer service sucks! AND BETTER YET… I FOUND OUT I WAS CHARGED $50 extra for a bundle I chose. I will never buy another product from MAC MALL!!!

• St
      31st of Jan, 2009

Looks like I am not alone, I just posting a similar complaint on my blog at http://www.stevencarlson.net/2009/01/30/macmall-and-commission-junction-a-scam/

I guess this company just doesn't care about their customers.