Luminess Air / unethical sale of products

Stafford, TX, United States Review updated:

SCAM SCAM SCAM Purchased on June 20, 2017 Cust # 2434147

I saw ad on TV saying $19.99 + s & H for trial offer of this make up. When package arrived it said I was in their club and would now pay 4 more payments of $49.99 ($200.00)

I did not want any more of their makeup so called to cancel "their club membership". IF I did not join their club then I have to return what I paid $25.?? for.. I bought AIR allright Luminess or not.

This scam has to be illegal .. I rec'd nothing for $25+. Now I have to pay to ship it back to the crooks.

Li
Jul 13, 2017

Comments

• Ca
      Dec 02, 2017

I usually don't write complaints online, however, I have to say something about this unethical company "Luminess Air". This company is a scam, and I couldn't agree more with all the other complaints on this page. I ordered the product and was not satisfied with the results. The product is not at all what they show on TV. I am sure the before and after photographs they show are before and after plastic surgery or after photoshop. All the makeup does is hide freckles and you can obtain the same results with any concealer. I called them to let them know that I did not like the results, and I questioned why I was being charged constantly on my credit card. They said that the machine I bought was the most expensive of all, and that it would cost me $500.00!!!. On top of that, there were charges for $36.00 a month for membership in a club. I told them to remove me immediately from the club, and returned the machine. They had already made three charges of $100.00 each. This company is a scam and a fraud, and I can't imagine how it is that the government allows this kind of thing to go on. I know it would be hard to keep a track of all the scams that go on online, but nevertheless, it is a misfortune. I hope their scam is found soon enough, and they are prosecuted the same way "Life Style Lift" was. I will never buy again anything advertised on TV. "Luminess Air", shame on you!!!

• El
      Dec 03, 2017

I too was duped by the fradulent company!!! I called and finally got a return authorization, I followed all of the instructions, took the package to the USPS and mailed it back, even paying extra to have it signed when it arrived. Six week later I received a charge on my debit account.. When I called them to tell them that I returned the machine on Oct 10th they said that without the tracking number they could not verify that it had been received.. After digging through the trash I found the tracking number, verified that it had been returned and called them back and they said oh yes it was returned. If it was returned then why did you charge me? I ask to talk to a supervisor and was put through to an answering machine.
    Does anyone know of a good attorney that would like to take our case and stop them from swindling us honest hard working people. E-mail me at [protected]@gmail