LPC Card / total scam

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1800-369-7919

If you receive a LPC SHOPPING CLUB card (that appears and sounds like it is a credit card) the best thing to do is cut it up and throw it away IT IS A TOTAL SCAM!!! these people are targeting people with credit problems in hopes that they will accept their offer. I recieved one of their so called platinum cards(WITH A 7500$ LIMIT) but was not fooled by this companies scam. Here Is a little information that may help people spot these companies, any card that does not have a familliar credit comp. (visa, mastercard, american express, etc.)is not real, if you go to your local atm you will normally see a posting of most, if not all of the legitimate card companies out there.I would advise to never accept a card from a company that cannot be used at an atm. These lpc cards come with the pre approved offer in the mail in an envelope that just about anyone can look in without opening and see that there is a so called hard or thick card that matches the name on the address; never accept a card that you can plainly see the name or number without opening the envelope, for it is illegal for a card company to mail a card in a marked envelope (one that explains what is inside of the envelope)or one that can be easily seen through and last but not least always assume that if a card is mailed with the offer and it explains that all you have to do is call and activate(the card it came with), it is a scam. Credit card comp. used to do bussiness this way but stopped within the last 10-20 years for security and theft purposes. WHAT IT IS---A CARD THAT ALLOWS YOU TO ENTER THEIR CLUB (AFTER CHARGING 200-400 DOLLARS WORTH MEMBER FEES) TO PURCHASE ITEMS THAT HAVE BEEN MARKED UP 25-60% .YOU PAY 30%OF YOUR PURCHASES UP FRONT AND THEY PUT THE OTHER 70% ON YOUR CARD SO YOU CAN MAKE PAYMENTS.SO IF YOU FIGURE IN THE MARKUP ON THE JUNK THEY HAVE AND THE MEMBER FEES (WHICH ARE ALSO CHARGED TO YOU EVERY YEAR)YOU END UP LOOSING A TON OF MONEY. A MEMBERSHIP TO SAMS OR COSTCO IS THE BEST WAY TO GO, ALSO FROM THE RESEARCH THAT IVE GATHERED FROM OTHER PEOPLE IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET YOUR MONEY BACK OR GET OUT OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP BECAUSE THEY WILL NOT CANCEL IT ONLINE AND ALL THEY GIVE YOU IS AN ACTVATION NUMBER TO CALL.I FOUND ONE PERSON ONLINE THAT FOUND A CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBER BUT THEY COULDNT GET THROUGH (THEY SAID THAT ALL THEY COULD GET WAS A RECORDING THAT SAID THEIR LINES WERE FULL) SO LPC IS A SCAM STAY AWAY!!!

Comments

• Je
      15th of Nov, 2008
    LPC Card - CARDDD

THIS COMPANY HAS NO ADDRESS RETURNED< NOTHING<>>TAKE MONEY OUT EVEN WHEN I CANCELLED!

• Ti
      20th of Jan, 2009
    LPC Card - took money out of my account and i never recieved a card or can i contact them.
    Timothy Mason
    PittsburghPa/15211
    Pennsylvania
    oabd36@yahoo.com

These people took money out of my account and never sent me a card or can i contact them. this is such a rip off. how can the goverement allow suchthings to happen to common people like me and others. this needs to stop.

• Et
      15th of Apr, 2009

lpc is a total fraud i was told i couldnt cancel until monday i had to wait because i wasnt in the system when monday came i was told i was canceled but stilled had to pay the processing fee. when originally i was told nothing would be deducted from account.

• Et
      15th of Apr, 2009

i wont my money back!!!

• Pi
      22nd of Jul, 2009

Yeah mann dis happen to i hate this i never been scammed before should i like let a tv channel know about it so people font get ripped off

• La
      19th of Aug, 2009
    LPC Card - How can they do this?
    LCP
    Mississippi

I got a card in the mail yesterday, saying the same thing. I almost went for it until i seen this complaints about this company. How in the hell did they issue me a card that i did'nt even apply for. It's a scam, if you know you did'nt apply for anything of that matter, it's a scam.

22nd of Feb, 2010

LPC did not send me a card, but a catalog, so I do not know if this is the same place. I have sent the catalog back ages ago and was suppose to receive my monies: $79 initiation fee, $120 for God's knows what and $99 for a purchase that was never made. I have written numerous times with no results. It is so frustrating!!

Okay!!

22nd of Feb, 2010

I agree with the posted comment!!

• De