Loveaholics.com / fault charges, lies

United States Review updated:

I registered on the website www.loveaholics.com. The moderators stated that it was for free, but they charged me for the registration. Also they provided fake profiles, and all these people from the website wanted to steal money from you. It was the worst experience. I want money back. I wonder if there are other people, who had the same experience. Can you provide any good piece of advice?

Ze
Feb 21, 2014

Comments

• Ra
      20th of Mar, 2014

lip to lip

• Ra
      14th of Apr, 2014

Out of all the women i talked to on the site nearly all were either fake profiles giving automated answers or scammers who would try to get me to join other sites in order to meet them. I paid for a 3 day trial membership but after that trial period the site automatically charged me for a full months membership including platinum membership. I have tried to cancel my subscription but it just asks for my password then says that it will send an email with the cancellation code, i never received the email and there appears to be nowhere on the site to use said code. I have tried emailing customer support but there is no response and i have even tried phoning customer support directly but the phone line doesn't appear to exist!
    I don't want to have to cancel my bank card as all other direct debits would also be stopped.
    This site is purely for scam and has to be stopped!

25th of Apr, 2014

I had a similar experience. They do not send out the cancellation code allowing you to cancel the repeat billing. Interestingly all other emails from them appear to arrive fine. I ended up cancelling my credit card.

• Cr
      27th of May, 2014

it just done the same 2 me i had a 3 day trail but 2 day they took some money of me with out till me or anythink i want my money back so the site is fake and crap

• Ca
      9th of Jul, 2014

Lets try sos-internet (dot com) if u can't unsubscribe by yourself :)
    Sos Internet will help you unsubscribe from Internet sites (dating sites, social networks, etc.), cancel your paid subscriptions and permanently remove your accounts. They manage the check-out process for you. Mailing letters (writing, sending), online formalities…

18th of Jul, 2014

I have had exactly the same experience as what you state. This is disgraceful. I paid AU$5.97 for the trial period, and was then fleeced of AU$33.99 after 3 days, because I was deprived of the opportunity to cancel. TWNBILL.COM aka The Together Network Ltd should be put out of business. They are vile.

24th of Jul, 2014

horrendous, same experince as others, crooks!

24th of Jul, 2014

crooks and scams, plain and simple!

• So
      22nd of Jan, 2015

Hello,
    I represent a company that helps unhappy customers to unsubscribe from dating websites, poker websites, etc.
    It is called Sos Internet (www.sos-internet.com) and we have received a lot of customers complains denouncing Loveaholics. I invite you to write a denounce also in our site: the more we get, the more the people will be warned before they subscribe Loveaholics.com.
    And if any of you have any problem unsubscribing Loveaholics, we will be glad to help you.

Aurora.

• St
      9th of Feb, 2015

I was so ripped off by these utter ### that I now intend to make it my mission in life to bring them down. Every part of this site is a scam. All the profiles are fake - the messages are fake. It's a scam. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR ANYTHING. They will then steal money out of your account and the responses from their 'customer service' department' are as fake as the profiles. I have a friend who had a profile on a real site that these ### just lifted - I imagine that's what they do with most of their profiles. I am now in the process of suing them on her behalf.

17th of Feb, 2015

Definitely fraudsters. Contacted my bank who have now cancelled my card. Seems this is the only way to stop them. They send out a standard email saying that they have seen I attempted to unsubscribe but I failed to enter the code they sent. WHAT CODE? I managed to do a screenshot of the 'confirmation' that I was now unsubscribed so now I am going to take legal action against the thieving ###. They are all linked as the same profiles pop up on all of them. The prettier the profile photos the more likely it is a scam.

• Se
      21st of May, 2015

I got lots of spam from loveaholics and don't know why. I wish to be taken off the mailing list.

• Di
      8th of Aug, 2015

Efectué el pago para la prueba de 3 días y automáticamente efectuaron el cobro de subscripción para todo un mes. Ya que lo tenia pagado estuve probando los servicios que ofrecía esta página y cual fue mi sorpresa que todo estaba robotizado, los únicos usuarios reales que hay somos los que confiamos y pagamos. Si reclamas te van ofreciendo diferentes tipos de ofertas, ventajas e incluso darte de alta en un variado abanico de páginas que disponen. A parte de esto el pago es fuera de la comunidad y el banco cobra comisión. Nunca devuelven el importe.

• Ru
      22nd of Apr, 2016

I have to disagree, it simply will be right from my side to do so. I think this website is almost ideal for dating, if you avoid all those advertisements and promo models, you will be more than pleased with the web site. And as i have found someone right here, you also have the chance to do same.
    Cheers!

• Pa
      25th of Apr, 2016

As for me loveaholics is a great site. I was using site for 2 weeks and met a good woman. Here name is Monika I feel that fall in love with her. After 1 week of chatting in both chatrooms and private we met in person and went to the restaurant. It was our first date wonderful date on the next day we visited cinema. So I'm happy that met her. I want to say thanks for this service

• Ti
      9th of May, 2016

This is how to cancel. Click on settings on right upper corner it's very small. When that page comes go to bottom and hit billing history you almost can't see it. From there you'll get a series of questions you'll need your password then next is subscription status click on deactivate then click continue they then ask for cancellation code you didn't get. You may or may not be told check your emails here you get a number that's the cancellation number. Go back and enter it . From that they give you another number which turns out to be your ID number you got when you signed up. But you need to call another number and wait on hold an indeterminate time. Go thru that process and they don't give you they email your confimation. That should be it a shortcut might be if you have your ID number call the billing number which is 18008396430 .. I just checked and got my cancellation. I recommend screenshots for all subscription. I hope this helps someone
    Tim