Lostmydoggie.com

Posted: Jan 21, 2013 by

Stay away from this website if the dog gets lost

Lostmydoggie.com
lostmydoggie.com
We couldn't find our dog so I was in the process of listing her on lostmydoggie.com. I had put in all the initial information including my credit card and was putting in a photo when my husband walked in with our dog. I tried to cancel the listing but was charged $35 to cover "upfront costs" although it was unclear to me what exactly that entailed, especially when I was just putting in the information. My advice to anyone with a dog is to spend a few dollars and get a tag with the dog's name, the owner's name and contact information and stay away from this website if the dog gets lost.
Complaint comments Comments (6) Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

D  20th of Jul, 2013 by    +1 Votes
They are not at all a scam, I used them when I lost my little puppy and they were so caring. They have so many free things you can do on the website that really help find your pet, how is that a scam? They help you find your pet by faxing and emailing pet businesses ALL FOR FREE, if it wasn't for this website, I would have never found my puppy. I support them wholeheartedly.
N  24th of Sep, 2015 by    +2 Votes
Unfortunately the person who wrote that her card was charged while she was just putting in the information is not telling the truth. The credit card is NEVER charged until you finalize your order, and before you finalize it, the company makes it clear that there are no refunds under certain circumstances. She's just mad at herself that she messed up so she's trying to blame the company. I run an animal rescue and I've used LostMyDoggie.com several times over the years, and they have ALWAYS been completely professional, caring and honest. If you lose your dog, the first thing to do is set up an alert with LostMyDoggie!!!
A  15th of Mar, 2016 by    +1 Votes
There is free services that cover emailing and faxing business within 20 miles. The next level of service costs and has added benefits. i was offered a discount on the next level and I'm thinking of doing it. There are 3 or 4 pages that you enter information on before clicking finalize.
N  10th of May, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I received two emails from people claiming to have used the 'lostmydoggie.com' website. The emails were from different people, but the text was 99% the same! This website is clearly a scam. They are paying people to respond to craigslist lost pet postings and try to lure them into using their website.

A  12th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
Looks like they made another website. I was sent this after posting an ad on Craigslist about my lost dog. Sounds awfully familiar. Makes me so made.

A  12th of Jun, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I'd stay away from MyLostPetAlert.Net too.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree