Lokey Volkswagen / Bad Business

1 US 19 NorthClearwater, FL, United States Review updated:

They are great until you sign the deal and buy the car. They don't follow through on ANYTHING they say that they will do. I was lied to repeatedly and the General Manager is one of the rudest people I have EVER come into contact with. The customer service here is a joke. I was going to file a formal complaint but with the GM 100% comfortable speaking to me the way he did and no one else was shocked by it, I have no doubt that it comes down from the top so it would be pointless. You would think that they would appreciate referrals in this economy but that is not the case. Definitely don't waste your time or I promise that you will regret it like I do. These guys are the epitome of sleazy used car salesmen!

Comments

• Th
      4th of May, 2009

I had the SAME experience at the SAME dealership! They never call when they PROMISE they will, then they don't answer the phone when you call, and to top it all off... I have a feeling they NEVER check their voicemail, b/c I have not heard anything from any of the NUMEROUS messages I have left them. Gotta love it when they say whatever you want to hear just so you'll leave. My advice would be to stay away from these greedy slime balls and go someplace where they'll treat you like a human and not just a commission.

• Wi
      2nd of Apr, 2012

Do not visit this dealership. They lied to us the entire sale. They lied about our loan rate, they lied about the price of extended warranties, they even lied about the recommended services just to fluff up the value of the warranty. I bought a Diesel engine with a manual transmission and was told a transmission fluid flush and fill is needed at 15k miles. I even knew that was complete lie but he insisted that diesel engine are "different". They have a "life time warranty" at Lokey, I still will not take my car back there. I would rather take it some where else and pay then trust them with my car. Chris Cook was the person who lied to us through the entire sale, and my email to the GM did not seem to matter either. IF YOU SHOP AT LOKEY, READ EVERYTHING AND DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY SAY, DO NOT LET THEM SCAM YOU.

• Ri
      15th of May, 2013

I'm amazed to read the above, wish I'd read this before proceeding with my purchase
    I purchased a new Tuareg a few months ago and was delighted with the product.
    On reviewing the paperwork later at home I was disturbed that the verbal discount
    had not been included and of course in the melee of taking out extra coverage and
    the excitement of picking up a new vehicle I drove off paying the full price.
    This type of treatment (an existing customer) makes me think of all the used car salesman
    jokes, but Lokey presents itself as an up front dealership.
    I felt I should comment on my experiences just in case it is a trend in the sales team.
    I hope not, I cannot praise the service group enough.

• Un
      26th of Jun, 2014

All of these comments I wish I would have read before going there. They are bullies. DO NOT GO HERE!!!

• St
      21st of Nov, 2017

Lol
    They haven't changed much.
    I spent almost 40 hours, correcting their [censor] mistakes.
    Then they had the unmitigated gall, to attempt to cover up a myriad of lies, with new ones.
    I've invited them to sue me, on my analysis of their dealership.