[Resolved] Live Career / fraudulent charges - cancellation

United States Review updated:

LiveCareer is a scamming website. They advertise signing up to create a resume to people who have signed up for unemployment online for $1.95. After that they charge you $39.99 a month. I signed up to create a resume and never actually used it as I found an old template on my computer. 6 months later I notice they charged $250~ dollars to my account and their website will not allow you to cancel! If you click on my profile, cancel account, it tells you that you have an active subscription and you need to cancel that first, and then it loops you back to the purchase another subscription page hoping to take advantage of you again. I called in and sent them an email with my information and decision to cancel and nothing was done. I replied online to their help now chat and am awaiting a "Confirmation Email" as they "do not have a Cancellation Number" to provide. Upon further research online, this is a recurring theme to many people who have been forced to seek an alternate place of employment. Due to the current economic status of this country, hooking good people in during hard times and secretly stealing their money should be punishable to the highest offense. So I have contacted the FBI.

• Resolution statement

• LiveCareerUS's Response, Jun 29, 2015

Hi Dieter Schaefer,

I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service were unable to get in touch with our customer service. Please contact me directly with the email address you used to create your account or the last 4 digits of the card that used to purchase and card holder’s name so that I can take a look at it personally and resolve this issue quickly for you. Please email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com

Best regards,

Anna

LiveCareer

Di
Jun 26, 2015

Comments

• Ph
      2nd of Jun, 2014
    Live Career - auto renewal is unethical

With the modern culture of agree to many terms and conditions a day for software and online payments etc, it is unfair of them to slip in the auto renewal and then claim to have disclosed it. If indeed they are an above board company and care about ethics... why have they not adjusted their sign in process to avoid all the incredible unhappiness they are creating.

A simple tick box allowing people to select the option of auto renewal would be much more honest and provide the same option. Why not do it?... because they wouldn't make the same kind of money they are now making by conning people, that's why.

There is not one single good review or post about this product... only countless complaints and bad posts.

HOPE they CAN SLEEP AT NIGHT AND SHAME ON them.

• Mk
      2nd of Jun, 2014

Let me rewrite what you just said...

I was too lazy to read the online terms and conditions so they started charging me for the service that they provided.
    Now I did research on the company and I do not like them so I am going to claim that they have no food reviews. I only hope that others do not check this fact because they actually do have good reviews by people that read the terms and conditions first.

TRUE FACT: "The only bad reviews are from people like you that do not read first"

• Rh
      6th of Dec, 2014
    Live Career - billed me after cancelling

Two months ago I created an account even though I realized the bait and switch, advertises a free resume but once it was created they ask for a credit card. Sadly, I had put so much time into creating the resume that I went ahead and entered my credit card because I was desperate to get my resumes printed. I realize that was my decision, however; 3 weeks ago I logged in and cancelled my subscription after realizing my card was charged $39.95; it was my fault that I forgot to cancel my subscription before being charged. Yesterday, my card was charged AGAIN! So I called the company, which wasn't easy since there is NO phone number on the home page of their website and when you click "Contact us" nothing happens. I only found a phone number after googling "Live Career phone number" and it led me to this message board! Anyway, the man I talked to barely spoke English, I had to spell my name 3 times, then he told me I had an active subscription and it was never cancelled. I argued with him for a few minutes and he kept saying I must have used the wrong email address. Even if that were true, and its not, what does that have to do with cancelling my subscription??? As I was talking to him I was trying to log on to my account and I couldn't access my resume without entering a credit card but he said he was logging in too and could get in just fine...LIAR! I will never use this site again and will be telling everyone I know!

• Gi
      31st of Mar, 2015
    Live Career - billing
    Live Career
    New York
    New York

I signed up with this website about a month ago thinking it was trial. I didn't get any messages because I needed resumes for job interviews. I found it affordable but, but somewhere in the terms and conditions there is a provision that if you don't cancel they will start to charge you $34.95 a month! And, they stole my $34.95. I've tried lots of ways to complain them but they didn't even answer me. They're crazy people.

I want my money back. Bunch of bulls.
    How come they don't show any warning signs on the site? So, what do I have to do?
    I can't contact them via live chat or emails.

• Ju
      1st of Sep, 2015
    Live Career - resume
    7/451 Gregory Terrace, Spring Hill, QLD 4000 AU
    Brisbane
    Queensland
    Australia
    uskiano.com

I just bought some resume for 5 or 6 dollars.

Then they began to charge me monthly since march something like 50 dollars per month.

I had to cancell my credit card.

I just realised today, that i have more than 250dollars.

Does anyone knows if there is any way to get back the money?