[Resolved] Live Career / beware of bait and switch ploy to steal your money
I used Live Career to create a resume. At the end of the session, I was charged $1.95 or so for the resume...I made the mistake of using my credit card. My stupidity resulted in Live Career taking it upon themselves to charge my credit card 39.95 for two months before I noticed what they were doing. When I called to tell them that I had not authorized these charges they basically told me too bad. The best they could do for me was to cancel the subscription and pro-rate the rest of the month. When I explained that I had not authorized or used the service, the representative was still unable to refund the unauthorized charges. Never use this company...these bottom feeders are praying on people who are out of work, people that are least able to absorb these fraudulent charges.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
LiveCareerUS's Response, Aug 26, 2015
I’m very sorry that you have had this experience with our service. Cancellation should take place within the 14 day period, or on or before the 14 day period ends. We explain that the subscription is auto-renewing. We state this on every page in the purchase process and we send a payment confirmation email stating the date and amount of the auto- renewal. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email and self-cancellation in your Account Settings.
We are very committed to providing great customer service and again are very sorry that you had this experience. We take all feedback very seriously. It will be forwarded to our Marketing team. Please contact me directly if you have any further issues. You can email me at anna.[protected]@livecareer-support.com
More Live Career Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - cancelation 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - don't use this service 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - charging credit card / scam 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - they withdrew 34.95 from my checking account 
- LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume - unauthorised charges to my credit card 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - this site pissed me off
- LiveCareer / MyPerfectResume - little liars
- [Resolved] LiveCareer.com - not sure how they keep good rating 
- [Resolved] Live Career - cancelation of my subscription 
- [Resolved] LiveCareer - resume building service