Lifestyle Lift

Lifestyle Lift Doctor

4.35
Lifestyle Lift
New York
Three weeks ago, I scheduled for a Liftstyle Lift in Manhattan. I met with Dr. Konstantin prior to surgery. He said he can improve my appearance and make me look younger. Mind you, I am in my late thirties. Most of the people I saw in the waiting room were much older, probably in their 60's or 70's. I felt so out of place. I had doubts about this procedure because I was afraid of having scars on my face. And my teenage daughter told me not to do it. She said I just need to lose some weight.
I couldn't sleep the night before my surgery. When I came in for the procedure the next day, I was really nervous. The technician took my blood pressure. When she was about to medicated me with valium, I told her " I am having second thoughts about this procedure." She said she will have the doctor talk to me. Boy oh Boy, this is when I truly know the ugly side of Dr. Konstantin. I said " I don't think I'm ready for this procedure. I am really nervous. I don't want to have scars on my face." He said "Don't be nervous, I'm going to give valium to relax you. Its going to be a small incision around your ear. You wont have scarring" He kept insisting me to take the valium. How can he promise no scarring on my face?? I said "My daughter thinks I don't need to have this procedure. I just need to lose some weight. Her opinion is important to me" He said "Nobody NEEDS to have this procedure, if they want to they can die ugly!! You're an adult, why are you asking your daughter for opinions." OMFG, I can't believe how rude and disrespectful he was. At that point, I just wanted my money back and walk out of there. This doctor is crazy and greedy. He then makes me feel guilty that I wasted his time. He could have had someone else do the surgery right now.
This just shows that Lifestyle Lift is a money hungry corporations who don't give a ### about their patients. They only care about our money. I am one of the few fortunate people who got their deposits back. I would not recommend ANYONE to Lifestyle Lift, especially this nasty doctor.
Complaint comments Comments (14)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Plastic Surgery

Comments

A  10th of Jun, 2009 by    +1 Votes
Be glad that you got away and are not wearing a LSL face forever. Some women complain that they have no results except for the leftover scars around the ears and behind, pain behind the ears, not being able to use the phone, wear earrings, sleep on side, shooting pain in and around ears and neck. Just the shock of being stabbed in the face with multiple needles is so overwhelming, there is nothing that can prepare you for this kind of surgery. They do not give you enough meds to make the procedure remotely tolerable and to top it off, about 15 minutes after you take the valium, here they come with the needles. Screaming comes to mind, but your brain will not let a sound emit from your lips. The horror of the smell of my own flesh burning, outrageous some say, but oh so true. Potential LSL wannabes, don't do it. Spend another couple hundred dollars and opt to be put to sleep. And as the Former Employee has stated, they have a quota to make everyday so mistakes are going to be made. Look at realself.com and informercialscams.com. That will scare the pants off of you.
D  16th of Jul, 2009 by    0 Votes
Im reading all of this coments and Im really surprise about it, I have the procedure done with them about a year ago, and I think the opposite, I went with the idea to fix my neck, face and also eyes, and I felt very good because they said that I dont need to have my eyes done, just the lift, so if they are like you say 'sellers', why they didnt try to sell me that?, and beside that Im very confortable about the procedure, im much better than before, and the most important thing I look natural, Ima woman with 58 years old so I was not expecting to be 20 just to look a little better.
D  3rd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
I am glad that your lift went well for you, but as many doctors have stated at realself.com under the Q&A section, this lift is a throwback from the late 60's and early 70's and doctors quickly discarded this procedure. You were very lucky. This lift works for approximately 10-15% of the population. I am glad that the lift worked for you -- I would not wish what I had to go through on my worst enemy. Not only has Lifestyle Lift been slapped with a $300, 000 penalty from the State of NY (7/09) for cyber posting (people pretending to be patients and with only good results), there is another suit on the horizon which will be public soon. I too never expected to look 20. But I did not expect for my eyes to be cut differently, out of the crease of my eyes and for my ears to become much longer, pointy and to hurt constantly. A condition called pixie ear. The truth of the matter is, LSL uses laypeople to sell the procedure. Why would you not meet the doctor before the procedure, not the day of the procedure and handed documents to sign after you have been medicated? Questionable tactics. I hope you continued success with your lift. I am not mad at women who have good results, exactly the opposite. But, with a printed one year guarantee printed right in the brochure and to be told that I looked great each and every time I showed up to the follow-ups when they knew they were only stalling me, is that part of the hypocritical oath of "to do no harm"? Truth of the matter is, I should have been told up front that the surgery is not what I needed. I wound up with more wrinkles after the procedure than before. Want to see my before and after photos? Go to realself.com and look up my bio using my name, chrystaleckes.
N  3rd of Aug, 2009 by    0 Votes
Anyone that has had a bad LSL experience and needs help please contact: 1-888-LSL-SUIT. This is the new 24/7 call center number for LSL Men & Women who have had problems and would like their voice to be heard!
A  14th of Nov, 2009 by    0 Votes
The 1-888 number for some reason is not working. Anyone wanting the name of the person to contact, please email me thru the complaints board. Thanks,
D  8th of Dec, 2009 by    0 Votes
I had a unexperienced Dr. in Nashville, I contacted them and they agreed to redo my procedure. Dr. A is a wonderful experienced Dr. that they have now. I recommend him and my procedure came out great and I look twenty years younger ! If you had a bad experience before Dr. A arrived call and talk to them, you will be very happy you did.
N  22nd of Feb, 2010 by    0 Votes
I haven't had a lifestyle lift and haven't even done much research on it. However, I have a real problem with an ### who would schedule any procedure with any professional, and then have their second thoughts after the procedure started and equipment, space and personnel resources were committed, and then expect ALL their money back like Ana. Take some responsibility for your own actions.
N  21st of May, 2010 by    0 Votes
We are a society of people that is full of complaints, oftentimes malicious, because we didn't get something we wanted. Such procedures, any cosmetic procedures, are not without risks. For every unsatisfactory surgery result, the same doctor probably performed hundreds of successful procedures. Many factors contribute to how things will turn out. Stop complaining and focus on what are the real issues...our own insecurities, lack of self-esteem, lack of exercise, poor diet, overexposure to sun, smoking, drinking, etc. For heaven's sake, every other person inAmerica is on antidepressive/anxiety meds. Take control of your own lives, without blaming everybody else for your dissatisfaction. Just my opinion.
N  6th of Aug, 2010 by    -1 Votes
I'm in my late 30's and am trying to decide what I should do...age gracefully- exercise, diet, etc...or take advantage of the options my Mother didn't have. The last thing I want to is look in the mirror and cry every time I look at a botched job...LifeStyle lift does claim there is almost no downtime but in all the research I've done thus far- everyone says that's far from true...about 2 weeks of bruising/swelling and pain. I wish I knew someone personally who has gone through the procedure. I feel the same however as Reality- we cannot think of plastic surgery the same as buying a pair of shoes- it's a big decision and you have to spend a lot of time researching your doctor and having numerous consultations. If it takes talking with the doctor 4 or 5 times before making a decision- do it. Be 100% sure before saying yes.
N  22nd of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I know two people who had this done over a year ago and they have been suffering ever since. It was an assembly line, The scars they still have and the pain around the ears are terrible. If I could, I would stand outside their door and beg people to reconsider. After watching what they went through and are still going through I wouldn't care if I had bags of fat under my chin, I wouldn't let them take that away and leave those awful scars behind and the pain that still goes with it. I think the 'after shots' should be close ups of the ear (all around the ear). The scars are the whole length of the front of the ear.
People have this procedure done because of low self esteem and BELIEVE the commercials. Nothing is as it seems. As they say "if if seems too good to be true----it probably isn't". In this case, run away, far far away from Lifestyle Lift.
N  22nd of Jan, 2011 by    0 Votes
I agree with Thinkb4uact. Please read the BBB and the complaints about LSL before going in there and believing what they say about how quick and easy it is. Although it is a lot of money, the major concern is the 'excrutiating pain' you'll have for a long time and the scars you'll have for life. Unless you like wearing your hair close to your face to hide the scars and not wear your hair up because the scars show behind your ears too, DON'T do it... If you feel/look that bad before going in and determined to have something done, go to a reputable cosmetic surgeon that you have checked out thoroughly and not to LSF where thay have a quota so they 'slice n dice' and then call "NEXT"...
A  17th of Feb, 2011 by    0 Votes
I was really contemplating having this done...going to be 62 and all, but this is some scary sh*t. I did not imagine any of what I have read from listening to the commercials. They make it sound like this is an ALTERNATIVE to surgery. I think I will take the advise of those who have seen this first hand. It's always a good idea to take responsability for one's own health and wellbeing. Having taken a second look...I look pretty darn good for my age, thank God. I think I'm nixing this whole idea. Thanx All.
N  23rd of Feb, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Notal Too bad Notal. I had a Lifestyle Lift several years ago and it was wonderful. Nothing scary about it...absolutely NO scarring. The results are guaranteed for 5 years. It is now about 8 years since I had my procedure. I am now going to book another. You missed out Notal. However, you can still change your mind
D  8th of May, 2012 by    0 Votes
I just had a LTS procedure-it was difficult at first, as I had nausea to the medication given during the procedure.I am also have sensitive skin, and am 62 years old.However, after 2 months, and cetainly some discomfort from the nerve pain and skin healing, I look way younger than I ever expected, and have added improvements in areas I was not focussing on.It has opened up my entire face, eyes, and mouth crease areas.The doctor was very skilled.
Some of the articles here seem exaggerated.
The one beef I have is the quality of pre and post care, and the overall state of cleanliness there.They are so busy from the response to the advertising, that you become a number...there is no personal attention.
I would suggest that anyone contemplating this procedure should thoroughly go into ALL the details first, then take some time to make a decision, so that you are sure.

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree