Lifestyle Lift / False Advertising

The informercial for Life Style Lift is a lie. They advertise a "new procedure" which takes only about an hour for drastic results. They equate the "procedure" with "going to the dentist" and they make out that you can return to work "in a few days" and even show a woman going out to lunch afterward. What they are really selling is a partial face lift without putting you under. You feel them cutting you with a scalpel, doing surgery on you with only a local anesthetic. You feel the tugging and pressure, and smell your own flesh burning as they cauterize. Afterward you are radically pressure bandaged, swollen and bruised with dark black sutchers. You are pretty much out of commission, looking and feeling horrid for a month or more. The scarring is terrible, the trauma stays with you. AVOID THIS COMPANY. If you've had this procedure, contact me to learn more about a possible lawsuit.

Ma

Comments

• Mc
      22nd of Mar, 2009

I had the LSL in Dec of 07 and have numbing, itching, and the jowls are letting go and coming back. They are the primary false advertisers in the country. If you read this, file a complaint with your state med. board, complain to gloria allred, attorney, and file a complaint with the Federal Trade commission. PLEASE.`

31st of Mar, 2009

I had the LSL last month. Im still in so much pain. My face is very hard and numb. I had so much bleeding and the dr told me i have a hematoma. I kept going back to the dr for more drainage. It was a nightmare.
    I went in there thinking its a small procedure with a small incision and I'll be looking years younger within an hr. The consultant lied to me. They said I could go back to work in three days. Let me tell you, I was laying on my back for more than three hours. I felt the pulling, pressure and the smell of my skin burning. At one point during the surgery, the dr walked out of the room!! I can't believe this!!!
    I had it done in Manhattan. I would never recommend Dr. Konstantin to anyone!!! He is very rude and nasty. He talks to me like I know nothing at all. He has very poor bedside manner. I regret doing this procedure

• Ki
      10th of May, 2009

Ok, I guess it is of some interest to report all bad news, but the truth is, that experience varies by patient, doctor, pain tolerance and compliance to after care. It is now Sunday evening, and I had the procedure Friday afternoon. I have had minimal bruising (I ate the recommended 2 cups of fresh pineapple a day starting a week before surgery) and my pain...well it has hurt at times, especially when I nod off to sleep and don't take my pain meds for a few hours. I am swollen around the ears, but no where else. They gave me steroids to reduce swelling, antibiotcs to guard against infection, nausea meds (have not needed), pain meds, and a head wrap. I will continue to follow up on my progress if anyone is interested. I can already see the improvement, even with the swelling, my jaw looks tighter and my cheekbones are more visible. I am not suggesting that sharing info isn't healthy...just want those of you considering it, to understand that if everyone had the experiences suggested above, they wouldn't stay in business long. It is a business, don't be mis-led...it is not a necessary procedure...but for me, the discomfort after the procedure and the anxiety before were well worth it.

• Cd
      5th of Jun, 2009

I am a former employee, and that company is all about money! They don't care about the patients, the results or even the safety they just want your money! Don't go there!

• Br
      2nd of Aug, 2009

i had the lsl 4/23/08, i look the same, i felt them cut me, my flesh burning, they cut my ear and then glued it back together. i ma trying to get my money back and the finance company doctors financial is even worse.

• Br
      2nd of Aug, 2009

i had the lsl 4/23/08, i felt them cut me, mu flesh burning, they shaved part of my hair, they cut my ear then glued it back. the financial company doctors financial is even worse, i want my moneyback, i passed out the next day and only saw the dr one time.

• Mc
      8th of Aug, 2009

To those of you who feel as though you have been cheated or lied to...please find out about the lawsuit. 1-888-LSL-Suit.

• To
      14th of Aug, 2009

I had LSL about 16 days ago an I know it's early but I have had a very bad time. I have developed large scars behide my ears that the doctor can't explain they look like scabs from burns. I have had to go back 5 times to have a large knot on my neck drained. My face is lumpy and hard.
    I am scared.

• Te
      16th of Aug, 2009

I am 51 years old and have been wanting a lsl for awhile now. My mom (70) went with me to talk to the doctor, view the video and such. They all seemed so nice. They make it out to be great. After reading these complaints I am scared to do it. I DID have my hair dresser tell me one of her clients came in after having it done and was having to have more surgery to correct problems. She had already had 3 surgerys and the initial one was 6mos ago. The didn't shave the back of her neck and when they sewed her up, hair was inside and got infected. She has bad scars too. Now I'm rethinking this procedure and I hope the best for all of you!

• Du
      30th of Aug, 2009

I contracted to have a Life Style Lift in 2006, but postponed it many times for several reasons. ( mostly fear)
    I was going to lose my substantial deposit or have to sign a new contract for a much higher price, so I decided to
    have the procedure done. I'm 62, overweight and had a huge double chin, partly from inheritance and partly
    from too much weight. I think the procedure went well. It took almost two hours, because I had liposuction. It
    hurt at times, but not too bad. It was done six weeks ago and I'm concerned that I seem to have some hard fat
    deposits on the right side only that are still apparent.. I think it is fat the doctor did not remove. The physician assistant told me that
    the bumps were just muscle, but the doctor told me to rub them often to keep them soft and they will dissopate
    by the end of twelve weeks. He wouldn't really say that it was fat deposits, but didn't tell me the consistancy of the bumps.
    Basically I look much better. The stitches around the ears were the most painful. I think I was prepared fairly well,
    I'm just concerned about whether or not the bumps are going away in six more weeks.

• Jr
      1st of Sep, 2009

ANYONE WHO KNOW A LAWYER WHO WILL HELP ME WITH A MALPRATCIE SUIT PLEASE EMAIL ME AT JRICKLESS@AOL.COM

• Ht
      2nd of Sep, 2009

We went yesterday for the free consultation in Tampa. The thing that bothered us the most was the high pressure selling and the "discount" if you sign today. When they saw I was not going to sign at that moment, they lost all interest in me and started pressuring my friend. We called them this morning and was prepared to do this. After reading these complaints and I know there is always good and bad - I am re-thinking this and will go to a regular plastic surgeon. If there were only a few complaints I wouldn't think to much about it but these are pretty serious complaints. I don't know if it is because people didn't follow the Dr's instructions or what. I'm just a bit nervous.

• Sh
      8th of Sep, 2009

Lifestyle lift settled a $300, 000 lawsuit in July with the State of New York for "astroturfing." Read more at consumeraffairs.com

• Be
      20th of Oct, 2009

I just made an appointment for my consultation. Upon hanging up the phone with them, I checked for complaints and came across this site. I will call them back and cancel RIGHT NOW! Thank you for the warnings!

• Me
      29th of Dec, 2009

Thank you very much for the warning. I was going to get it for my mom, who is 70 years old.

• Ga
      10th of Jan, 2010

Myself, daughter and son had the procedure and all are very unhappy...look the same as before. We all were told they would re do us, my daughter and myself refused but my son had the second procedure he is still unhappy. I turned out local TV station on to these people and we just had an interview with them Friday. The story will air next month (FEB) I am still after these people for lying and taking you money without giving you what you are paying for I paid $6, 350 to get my chin tighten and it still looks the same. I have to go to a plastic surgeon to fix it the way it should be. I am still trying to get my money back.Please do not go to these false adverting people pay a little more and go to a real plastic surgeon. You can email me if you want...evanwilliams2009@hotmail.com

• Gl
      8th of Feb, 2010

I am supposed to be going on March 18th, I am now even more scared than I was. I think I'll forfeit
    the $400 deposit and back out. The girl who interviewed us was so thorough and believable and the
    Doctor she appointed for my friend and myself comes with high credentials and is supposed to be
    the "head" of it all. This is in Burlington Ma. I wish they had people you could talk to who had had the
    procedure performed, that''s what is needed. I'm going to talk to my girlfriend and rethink all of this.
    Thank you to all of you for posting your complaints. We also noted the the hurried way in which they
    wanted to book us and take the deposit, just not right. Too bad, we all want to believe, like they say if
    it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
    Glorybe

• Gl
      19th of Feb, 2010

Today I went for a free consultation in the Burlington, Mass. office, it sounded so great so I put down a four hundred dollar deposit. The women whom I talked to told me the Dr. has high credentials. I also noticed she seemed liked she rushed me into the deposit, which I was a little skeptical of. Now that I read these reviews I don't think I'll be getting this done, too scary!!

• Ga
      1st of Apr, 2010

Anyone out there from Florida that has had the procedure form LifeStyle Lifts and not happy, please email me at evanwilliams2009@hotmail.com I need you for a story I am working on.

• Ly
      22nd of Aug, 2011

All i have to say is their customer service skills suxed and the dr on call when you had a question after hours was rude and it seem like your call was a brother . They nevered mention to my mother that she will have bad scars behind the ears my mother also told me she felt them cutting her and pulling and tugging she almost felt like she was shoking...Would never recommended it nobody...FOR THE MONEY YOU PAY AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE YOU RECIEVE AND ALL THE 'SUGAR CODING" AS SOME PEOPLE WOULD SAY ITS NOT WORTH IT.