Legacy Auto Sales / No title for automobile

835 Ohio PikeCincinnati, OH, United States
Phone: 513-322-8805

I purchased a 2005 Chevrolet Malibu on August 25, 2008 from Legacy Auto Sales. I was issued a 30 day temporay tag from the State of Ohio. In the State of Ohio, the state holds the original title until the vehicle is paid in full, however I live in Kentucky. In Kentucky, the person who the vehicle is registered to holds the original title regardless if there is a lein on it or not. When my 30 day Ohio Temp Tag expired, I had still not received the Title Certificate from the dealer so that I could get my Kentucky plates. I called the dealer the day before the tag expired and they said that they had not received it from the State of Ohio and would call me when it came in, said they were running about 45 days. I went to the Kenton County, Kentucky court house and paid $2.00 to get a 30 day temp tag from them. No problem! Well, that tag expired today, October 23, 2008 and still no title certificate from the dealer! I went again to Kentucky, who says you can only be issued one (1) 30 day temp tag! I was able to get a 7 day temp tag from them for the same price, $2.00! I called the dealer at 11:03am today and they said that they don't have it would call me back. As of 3:30pm, they had not called! I called them back, they put me on hold for about 15 minutes and finally said that the State of Ohio had forwarded it to the finance company! Said that they are mailing it to me today!! We shall see!