LC van Rental / Deposit not returned

Phone: 0844 292 0872

We booked a 9-seater minibus for our holiday in the UK in December 2010. This was confirmed with reservation number TRZ412986 and we paid a deposit of GBP400. On 22 December 2010 we cancelled the minibus (Tony from LC Van Rental's suggestion) because they could only offer us a 7-seater van as the 9-seater were "snowed in at Manchester" and we wanted collection of the 9-seater in Wakefield.

Long story short, we cancelled the minibus on 22 December 2010 on the phone with Tony and followed it up with an e-mail on the same day. Since then, 22 December 2010 to today, 15 April 2011 we have not received our GBP400 back.

Comments

• Rw
      20th of May, 2011

Same scenario here. I am still tryin to get a £1000 deposit since Christmas. So far I managed to get £500 out of them... but the second lot seems to be difficult.
    My company is now pursuing this legally... hopefully they will feel the burn.
    I strongly advise people NOT to use this company

• Ni
      22nd of Jun, 2011

We booked a minibus for atrip to France in May. Three days before the trip I received a call to say the vehicle was not available and that we should make other arrangements. The deposit of £300 has not yet been returned as at 22nd June. Also, I checked out the correspondence address they have on their website which is a Regus Managed Office suite and they have not heard of the company.

4th of Jul, 2011

I arranged a minibus hire with this outfit in March/April 2010 for a rental period in July 2010. I'd already used them twice before with out a problem, so when they said I had to pay up front on this occasion, I (foolishly, I now realise) sent them £899.99 to their nominated bank account. Just before the hire period I received a phone call to say the scheduled vehicle was still in France and would therefore be unavailable, but Discount Car Hire, as they are called on their UK website, had arranged an 'emergency hire' with another company for me. But I would have to pay for it myself as 'they had no account with this company'. That part of it worked fine, but I am still trying to get my promised refund. I am currently pursueing them through the small claims court, but am having difficulty getting the paperwork delivered to them as both addresses I have thus far been able to obtain from them appear to be bogus. (This includes the one shown on their website.)

David Francis, North Somerset, England.

• To
      16th of Aug, 2011

i too have had a problem with these shysters.
    paid deposit of £200 for a Luton van to be driven abroad and it was to be delivered to my house. called them to check delivery time, when i was told they do not deliver if the van is going abroad?? asked to cancel and was told that charges would be incurred...still no answer about charges or my deposit back

• Si
      30th of Aug, 2011

I too have not been returned my deposit of £400 since June2011. Can anyone advise if there is any merit in approaching the small claims court. Dave seems to be strucggling with the address.

• Li
      30th of Aug, 2011

I BOOKED A 7 SEATER AUTOMATIC VAN FOR A HOLIDAY IN CORNWALL THEY FAILED TO PROVIDE VECHILE OR DELIVER IT AS AGREED AM TRYING TO GET MONEY BACK NOW I HAVE FOUND THIS SITE GOING TO CONTACT WATCHDOG THEY OWE ME £ 300

• Al
      12th of Sep, 2011

They still owe me £377 from a minbus hire from June 2010... We paid in advance as requested, but then when we dropped the minibus back off we were told the funds had not cleared so had to pay again... needless to say, the money did clear and I have been trying to get the money back ever since. Have left messages on their phone, which they never seem to answer, and have constany emailed them.

I get an email back now and again telling me it will be sorted within days, I have even been asked for my bank details on 2 or 3 occassions to they can transfer the money.

I have almost given up hope of hetting the money back, but at least having found the complaints on this website I know I am not alone.

22nd of Sep, 2011

I am due to leave for Switzerland tomorrow morning and these cowboys have just rung me to ask for the final
    payment of £1, 399 for a 10 day hire. When i first contacted them they told me the full cost of the hire would be £1, 229 of which i paid a deposit of £499. Looking at some of the above coments regarding this company i know that i have been well and truly stitched up. Something needs to be done about this so called company and quickly. I shall persue this bunch of ### for as long as it takes to get my money back.

22nd of Sep, 2011

I was quoted £410 by this company for a 9 seater van inclusive of AA breakdown, insurance and mileage and paid a £245 deposit to secure the booking. When the van turned up I was charged another £1105 (including £500 returnable deposit) and was told that I would have to pay it if I wanted the van over the weekend and the issue would get sorted the following week. LC van rentals seem to be a broker company. I only got part of my deposit back due to excess mileage, which was supposed to be included in the quoted price! I am owed nearly £550 and despite the fact that I am willing to take them to small claims court they don't seem to be worried, but I'm going to do it anyway!

LC van Rental - RECEIVED AN EXCELLENT SERVICE
    LC VAN RENTAL
    England, Essex
    LCVANRENTAL.CO.UK

I WILL JUST LIKE TO WRITE TO INFORM HOW WE WERE VERY PLEASED WITH THE SERVICE WE RECEIVED FROM LC VAN RENTAL
    OUR MINIBUS ARRIVED ON TIME VERY CLEAN AND THE STAFF FROM THE RESERVATION STAFF WERE VERY HELPFULL
    WE RECEIVED OUR DEPOSIT BACK IN FULL AND I WILL CERTAINLY RECOMMED THIS COMPNAY IN THE FUTURE AS I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ANY ONE IN OUR EXPERIENCE CAN COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS COMPANY. THANKS LC VAN RENTAL FOR ALL YOUR ASSISTANCE ON OUR RESERVATION

LC van Rental - Very Professional and very happy with the service
    adm associates
    60c maberley road
    penge
    United Kingdom

LC van Rental were very professional and very honest in how we were dealt with on our recent hire.
    Our deposit was returned in full and we had no problems with them
    LC van rental is a very good example in the car rental market and i am very pleased and happy with them and will hire from them again

LC van Rental - LC van Rental thank you for a very good service
    MR TERRY BANKS
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW ANYONE CAN MAKE A COMPLIANT AGAINST LC VAN RENTAL AS WE HAVE AS A COMPANY BEEN RENTING FROM THEM FOR YEARS AND THEY HAVE ALWAYS BEEN STRAIGHT FORWARD AND WHAT I WOULD DESCRIBE AS A COMPANY YOU CAN TRUST
    THANKS FOR ALL LC VAN RENTAL AND KEEP UP THE EXCELLENT SERVICE. MR BANKS FLEET MANAGER UK

13th of Oct, 2011

Has anyone managed to get their correct correspondence address? I am also going for a small claim court case so would need that addrss. Thanks.

20th of Oct, 2011

We too have a similar story and are trying to get a £399 deposit refund. We have contacted WatchDog through their Website, perhaps everyone else could do the same.
    We will go to the small claim court if necessary and have told them so. They do not seem bothered.

27th of Oct, 2011

I have tried sending formal letters to LC Van Rental/Budget Van Hire to two different addresses (one on their web sites and one a bloke on the phone for them gave me) and both times the mail has been sent back to me! Does anyone have their proper address? They've stopped replying to my e-mails now so I have contacted watchdog, could others do this if they feel the same?

31st of Oct, 2011
    LC van Rental - VERY GOOD SERVICE RECEIVED
    UK LTD
    England, Herefordshire
    United Kingdom

A VERY BIG THANK YOU TO LC VAN RENTAL FOR THE EXCELLENT SERVICE RECEIVED ON OUR LATEST HIRE, ONCE AGAIN ALL THE STAFF HAVE BEEN BRILLIANT AND MADE OUR RENTAL EXPERIENCE STRESS FREE.WE WILL MOST CERTAINLY RECOMMEND LC VAN RENTAL AGAIN AND OUR DEPOSIT WAS RETURNED IN FULL.THANKS ONCE AGAIN WE ARE REALLY HAPPY WITH LC VAN RENTAL

11th of Nov, 2011

If everyone contacts Consumer Direct on 0845 404 0506 they can pass the information onto Trading Standards.

• We
      26th of Jul, 2012

Same thing has happened to me £399 deposit paid, they refuse to refund even though minibus returned in perfect condition. I was also charged £322 more than quoted on the phone have sent four recorded delivery letters to addresses given on their websites, one was the Holborn public Library who contacted the council to get them removed from Yell .com, one came back no such address, one gone away . I have also spoken or should i say been shouted at by Tony. Promises to ring you not followed up . I thought this firm was disorganised but i now think they are dishonest. I have contacted Watchdog and Trading standards

• Ad
      4th of Sep, 2012

Yeah, these guys are complete a-holes; especially Tony. Instead of a balance of £430, they tried to take over £2000 from my credit card; luckily the transaction was blocked. They owe me £349. I've done some digging and found various addresses related to their phone number. The Edinburgh one is false. Ripple side Industrial estate, IG11 0RG; Gunnery House, Cornwallis Road SE18 6SW. Does anyone know where these guys are? I'd love to pop up and have a chat. I now intend to phone Tony every morning and explain to him how worthless he is.

• Ad
      4th of Sep, 2012

... I've found out that they also trade under http://www.airport-car-rental.co.uk. It's the same phone number and the website images are the same. There's a company called DCH Hire based at 73a Heath St London, NW3 6UG; their website link goes straight to the above site. This borders on organised crime!