LaCrosse Footwear / Steel toe men's utility winter work boots

LaCrosse WI, United States

A pair of expensive men's winter boots (steel toe, leather uppers/rubber foot last) purchased years back were rarely used and stored in my closet. Upon needing to wear them during a severe winter snow storm in Colorado, the right boot rubber disintegrated within minutes and utterly beyond repair. This occurred while I was in the field and I was hours away from my home with no replacement boot w/me.

While these boots were admittedly beyond the specified warranty period, it was completely bizarre that only the right boot had this issue... the left boot was as serviceable as the day it was purchased.

In contacting LaCrosse Footwear customer service, a professional and courteous representative offered as the only remedy a 40% discount on another pair of LaCrosse footwear. I found this offer to be less than satisfactory and so my remedy is to notify the consumer public that warranty period or not... LaCrosse Footwear does NOT STAND BY their products.

Unless satisfactorily resolved I will never purchase another LaCrosse Footwear product and I encourage potential customers to be aware that the company HIDES behind an anemic warranty period as their defense for not appropriately addressing customer concerns.

UPDATE: The remedy has since been increased to 50% discount on another pair of LaCrosse boots... plus some socks and/or a T-shirt. Not satisfactory!

• Updated by RGos, Feb 04, 2017

It is my honor-bound obligation to retract my acidic review of LaCrosse Footwear. While the account of my experience and the photos of one of my LaCrosse boots is accurate, I must state that I prematurely launched into my ‘dis-satisfaction tour’ before the company offered its’ final response and remedy. And what a fine response it was… a remedy that overwhelmed me and caused me to reverse the negative opinion that I had harbored and one which simply requires that I voluntarily undo my criticism of LaCrosse Footwear. Please trust that in purchasing a LaCrosse Footwear product, not only is the footwear second-to-none in the industry, they stand behind their design, materials and quality workmanship 100%. Please buy with confidence from this fine company. Respectfully, ~rich

Rg