Kubota Corporation / working conditions

1 KubotaGainesville, GA, United States

My name is Lisa Chamberlin and my fiancées name is Ray Weaver. Ray works at your Kubota facility in Gainesville, GA. We originally lived in Savannah, GA, which is a 7 hour drive from Gainesville, GA, when he found this job that became available. He called the temp service, Axiom, and inquired about the job being offered at one of your facilities. They wanted to see him for an interview. The next day, he drove 7 hours to Gainesville, GA to apply and interview for this job. He then drive 7 hours back home to Savannah, GA. He was so exited! He got word from the temp agency the next day that he had the job. We are both originally from New York State and with farm history all around us in our home town, he was was very excited to be offered a position at Kubota, as tractors have always been of interest to him.

He has been working for almost 2 weeks now. He has worked 10-12 hour days. Everyday. He gets up faithfully every day for work at 5 a.m. He is out the door and arrives to work 30 minutes early, everyday as to make sure he is never late. He is in the building and clocked in, NO later than 6:45 for his 7 a.m. shift, everyday. He gets home between 6 and 7 p.m. usually. He takes a shower, eats dinner and goes to bed. He is required and mandated to repeat this 6 days a week. He is mandated to work 12-14 hours tomorrow (Saturday). We have a family. We have 4 kids. These hours are not even humane. He works on an assembly line putting parts of the tractor together. He was told he was doing the job of 2-3 people and that's the way it was going to stay. He stands on a concrete floor all day with no kind of pad underneath him and no relief. Breaks are cut short or even taken away throughout the day so more production is put out. No one is allowed to sit. You must stand at your job 10-14 hours a day, 6 days a week. My fiancée makes 10.50 an hour. He's used to owning his own company, being a Supervisor to over 15 people and making 6 figures a year. We still own this business. But he wanted to go do his own thing. He wanted to go do something different that was of interest to him. He was very excited about this job until the days went on.

So, my questions are numerous. Why would you pay all of this overtime out for every single person, every day of the year, when you can just add more people and more shifts, which in turn, saves you money and makes your profit larger? Why are you making it impossible to keep good, honest workers employed there?

He put in his notice today. He was very upset but honestly, who can work 75 hours a week and stand on your feet, on concrete, non-stop? I know you have workers there that do this everyday but can't you see how inhumane it is to have such a work environment?? He has no life outside of this facility. It's just too bad that your losing such an amazing, dedicated and trustworthy employee, who would of been a great asset to your company. He started out with 50 temporary employees on his first day. The second day, 18 were left. Two weeks later there is one standing.

Adding more shifts, and more people, alleviating a majority of these 10-14 hour days, and you would find yourself with an amazing company with an amazing group of workers. I just wish it was now so that my fiancée could stay and work for you. He absolutely loves the people there, his co-workers and the name your company represents, Kubota.

I'm sure this email will get tossed by the way side and no one of importance will ever see it, but for my fiancées and for every other employee at this facilitys sake, I felt the need to stand up for him and every other production worker you employee.

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to contact me or him with any questions or concerns.

Lisa Chamberlin