KPN / Charging money for service that I dont use !

1 Netherlands Review updated:

I had took internet connection & telephone service from KPN and used for 6 months then, canceled after 6 months, as was moving to another city. I sent there help desk many email to cancel the services & called them a lot of time. But everyting in vain, now its 10 months since I canceled or requested to cancel the service since i last used, but they are still charging money from my account.
Few weeks back I called there headquarters as got tired & tried all ways that an English speaking person can try. I talked to a lot of people and they were just forwarding to next department & so on. Finall One of them put me on hold to contact Billing department, guess what "I was on hold for 30 mins." Now few days back they charged me again. Now all I can say is "KPN" is stealing money, nice way to take money to have a totally crappy customer service & website is also of no use.

Plz. help !

Si

Comments

• Si
      11th of Oct, 2008

Finally I could get it canceled after a long call of 45 mins. and about 35 to 45 min.s on hold waiting for some one to respond. Now lets see how can I get money refund back for past 9 to 10 mins But looks ok now ... will do as I have been told and keep this board updated ... for other expats in NL who dont speak or understand Dutch yet & still learning.

I hope it works ... and I get back my few hundred Euros

16th of Apr, 2009

I am one of the new victims. They are charging me for the time that I did not have Internet, in fact I had disconnected one contract and after one month I applied for another deal. It meant to be an upgrade. Anyway, in a same time I have been charged 2 times, and later on I changed my bank account and they start sending me bills, I contacted customer service at least 10 times, but everytime they mentioned they will solve it, but they never did, and now they have sent me a bill as much as twice as previous, through a legal action, what I wonder is, isn't there anybody checking what they are doing?
    They have not even sent me a letter or a detailed description of why I have to pay this money? can anybody help me where should I go to, however, I do not live in NL anymore, but I would like to solve the issue.

• Al
      12th of Jun, 2009

Good morning,
    My name are Alade Stephen phone no 0610413115 date of birth 26th Oct, 1963. The company has been given me bill above the contract of E45.00 per month without even finishing my minutes pls can you rectify this last month the total bill of E95.95 was sent to me without international call pls I will appreciate if you can explain to me reason how and why

• Am
      5th of Aug, 2010

KPN made several errors in connecting my Internet and television services, including getting my name, bank account #, telephone # and apartment number wrong. I know this was not due to the customer service agent I spoke to initially, because he repeated everything he had written down, both in English and Dutch, and I confirmed it was correct. In fact, after the initial conversation I was quite happy with the level of service and attention to detail.

The next week I received a letter from KPN, sent to my neighbors address, wherein I recognized all the errors, including the wrong apartment number. So I went online to try to resolve the issues, but got errors messages each time I tried. So I went to the KPN store near Dam Square and explained the situation, highlighting the fact that the bank account # and apartment number were both wrong. "Don't worry, it will all get sorted out. Just make the changes online when the equipment arrives. Don't worry, " was the employee's response.

Several weeks later I finally received the equipment. I hooked it up and, of course, it didn't work. So I called them, got to the right person after about an hour on the phone, and that person determined that they had, indeed hooked up services to the wrong apartment. So he transferred me to someone else, which really meant he hung up on me. So I called again, and waited, and got to someone, and was hung up on during a transfer. Then I did the whole thing all over again, and was hung up on.

Finally, I got to someone who knew what they were doing, but his hands were tied, he said, due to the fact that my account hadn't gotten all the way through their administrative system yet. And after that was completed, it would take 4 weeks to fix their mistake.

Needless to say, I did not accept that answer. After about 45 minutes on the phone with him, he filed a complaint and told me someone would be in contact by the following Tuesday. "Tuesday?" I asked? "This coming Tuesday, the day after Monday?" "Yes, " he responded, "and I am very sorry for this mistake. We will try to resolve this and you will receive a call on Tuesday to discuss further."

Tuesday came. Tuesday went without a call.

Wednesday came. Wednesday went without a call.

Thursday came. Thursday went without a call. Thursday evening I called them. Got through to someone after waiting on hold for 15 minutes, was transferred, and hung up on. I tried again, and got through to the right department. No action had been taken. The customer service agent's response, after I explained for the 15th time the problem: "Perhaps your neighbor will allow you to hook up the box in their house and you can run a wire to your house."

Needless to say, I did not accept that answer. After about 20 minutes of this guy offering absolutely no solution other than me having to wait for an additional 3 to 4 weeks, I asked him to cancel everything and I was going to UPC. His response: "So now you are punishing me?" I nearly lost control at this point.

He transferred me to yet another agent to cancel the order, who promptly told me she could not help me at the moment but she will call me back in about an hour. She didn't call back. I called back after 3 hours, canceled the order, and am now waiting for a confirmation letter (which will be sent to my neighbor).

I then called UPC and will have the same services for the same price in 8 to 10 business days.

KPN is simply an inferior company. I will never do business with them again. Every single person I spoke to was either wrong, did the wrong thing, or simply told me they couldn't do anything. Why would I pay money to a company that is literally unable to do anything?

• Li
      31st of Mar, 2011

Why are you using it? Avoid KPN. All they want is just suck out the money. They don't care about their customers. More I get to know, more I agree.

• Ra
      29th of Jan, 2015

As a business user we were forced to terminate our contract for mobile telephony because KPN was charging us the fees of another corporation! As we do not pay for other companies, they have blocked our numbers.
    Now we are happy with another operator, but probably have to go to court due to claims.

• Do
      7th of Jun, 2017

Thieving crooks. I pay for my grandaughter's mobile. Bought luxe insurance with the new phone whereby if it get's broken and needs replacing we just make a phone call and a new phone will be delivered. Yeah, right. They want to charge euro 90 for this service and say this is the excess amount. Funny this was not mentioned when they sold us the insurance. Why the hell would i accept a deal like this when i can get a screen replaced for euro 50.
    absolute theft.