[Resolved] Kings of Siam

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 by

Unhealthy severely underweight kitten

I bought a Balinese kitten from this Cattery. When i got to the Cattery to pick up my kitten i was accosted by two huge dogs who were dripping wet from being in a lake or pond in the backyard. I was covered in dog slobber, not to mention kind of freaked out by the dogs. They did not remember i was coming. I could hear cats crying in the basement area. I was not allowed to see my cats parents. I was not allowed to see where the cats were kept. I suspected they were cages because they were crying in an open area. The smell in the Cattery was overwhelming and discusting. I could not believe people can live like that. I felt bad for the children living there. I could not wait to get my kitten out of there. My kitten was severely underweight and starved. The kitten had ear mites and a rash on his chin. It took a good week or two just to bring him back up to a healthy weight. It took me 8 or 9 weeks to get his chin rash and ear mites under control. I am still giving him medications for the ear mites after 9 weeks.

When i contacted the Cattery to tell them he had mites they told me they would reimburse me for the cost of the revolution i bought. They said they do not believe he has ear mites. They have no mites in their Cattery. I don't agree with that. My cat does not go outside and he was never around any other animals since i got him and the black debris that mites leave behind were in his ears since i got him. I have a picture that shows the debris i took the day after i got him. The $100.00 does not take care of the all the stress and difficulty i've went through trying to get this kitten back to health. When you've paid $1200.00 for a kitten they should not come home with you this sick and cause a person this much stress. There are several other kittens i know who have been treated from that Cattery who were diagnosed with Giardia bacteria. They were also underweight. I would never recommend this Cattery to anyone.

Resolution statement

THIS HAS BEEN RESOLVED. I would like to also add that I have no documentation proving that my cat was malnourished. I came to that conclusion from the way he felt when I held him and picked him up. It was only my personal opinion. As for the ear mites my vet gave me two different types of medication to resolve the ear mites but there was never a swab taken for the mites. Everything written in this complaint/review is my personal opinion of what happened to me.
Complaint comments Comments (33) Complaint country Canada Complaint category Cat Breeders

Comments

N  27th of Jul, 2016 by    -2 Votes
I have a Balinese Long Hair cat from Kings of Siam and loved them so much I am getting another from them. I have never had an issue and out cat is completely healthy and has never had any issues health wise. Our vet has stated he is one of the healthiest cats he has seen. I also was met by the dogs when I exited the car and had two very happy slobbery dogs greet me and say hello. They were sweet kind and I was happy to say hello. As for the smell of the cattery it smelt like there were cats in the house. Which is normal.

D  27th of Jul, 2016 by    0 Votes
I have bought, not one, but two kittens from Kings of Siemen and that was 4 years ago this Summer.
My grown cats now are very Healthy and have the best temperament one could ever hope for.
Everyone that meets my cats always comment on how beautiful and friendly they are and I truly believe the way they were handled when they were first born had a huge impact on their overall behaviour.
When I first met Anna, not only did she have a toddler running around, but she was 40 weeks pregnant with her daughter and I thought that for her running a cattery out of her home being a young Mom and bout to deliver a baby her house was very clean.
I would not only recommend Kings of Siemen, but if I decide to add more kittens into the family I would go back and purchase there again.
And I know I am not the only Happy and Satisfied Customer, in the Private Facebook Group there are tons of photos and posts from others.
I have never seen a photo of an underweight, unhealthy kitten or cat.
N  2nd of Mar, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Adriana Lessels A friend of mine went to that house for a Balinese cat...first of all, all the different cats are kept in the basement, the house stinks of animal urine and feces...overwhelming stench...you didn't notice obviously.The public is not allowed to go to the basement and they just bring the kitten up from the dungeon.The public is not allowed to meet the parents.All the signs of a cat mill.
N  27th of Jul, 2016 by    -5 Votes
Anna Gadish is an amazing breeder... I have had my run in's with bad catteries. So bad in fact my last balinese baby died suddenly at the vet. When it happened I found Anna and she comforted me and helped my son through the loss. She paired us up with our boy LH Balinese who is amazing, healthy, well tempered, sweet, loving, kind and most of all HEALTHY. I loved Anna so much I began working for her doing social media etc. etc. for her. MY review however is based on my boy coconut, he's healthy and thriving. An amazing example of what a healthy kitten should look like. I would def. recommend her to anyone looking for a kitten to add to their home. Feel free to contact me if you want more info. kingsofsiammedia@gmail.com. I have no issues providing you with lots of positive reviews from several pet owners. Feel free to check out our video of kittens from our happy owners. https://youtu.be/_QO11Nl2dwI

N  5th of Jun, 2017 by    -1 Votes
@Donotusemynameplease This is an employee of Kings of Siam.
N  12th of Jun, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@annoncat Honestly, I have no idea how you actually work for these people and spend time in their home. Their business is so poorly run. They are completely disorganized and don't seem to keep track of who is coming, when, and which cat they're picking up. You folks are a disgrace and cause people such heartache with all the screw ups. Worst customer service I've ever experienced.
N  20th of Jun, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Kitten lover I agree, I am not sure how Vivianna works for these bullys. Awful people who only care about making a dollar. Mean people who twist and turn stories around to make you look like the crazy one.
N  24th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@annoncat I do not work for KOS cattery, kings of Siam, or the Gadish family any longer please do not tag me in any of the comments.
D  3rd of Aug, 2016 by    -2 Votes
We have 2 (adored & very loved) sphynx cats from this breeder and could not be more thankful and pleased! We had a wonderful experience with Anna and her family and would most definitely use them again in future if we choose to further expand our family. Both our male and female sphynx cats came to us healthy, happy, with their medical needs met (i.e. vaccinations) and lots of helpful information was provided by Anna.
Anna has a real love and passion for animals and for breeding them, hence, she has opened her home graciously to buyers. I am glad that she did not have many personal affects visible to strangers (buyers) on the main floor of her home, as that is good for her families protection. We also were witness to Anna's first hand care of the animals and her bringing a veterinarian directly to her home for direct care.

N  7th of Aug, 2016 by    +2 Votes
Our cat was sick, when we brought it home. After several months, we finally got a clean bill of health from our Vet. Our cat does not have the best temperment, but it is slowly getting better. I was a little shocked over the smell of the cattery, and thought it would only be one breed there. I guess, with so many, it would have a strong odor.

We love our cat. It did seem a lot of money to pay for a cat with health problems. It is our cat, and we will keep it no matter what.
@Jdoethisisme Hi,
I have a friend who bought a Balinese kitten from this woman, the cats are all in a basement, all different breeds...the public is not allowed down there, there is an overwhwelming smell of urine and feces and you cannot see or meet the parents...they just bring the kitten up from the basement...very suspect...catmill
N  29th of Aug, 2016 by     Best Advice +6 Votes
We bought a 1200$ Balinese.
When we picked her up at 10 weeks she weighed 1 pound, she had already been neutered and to top it off we come to find out she also has Giardia and Coronavirus. We drove several hours to pick her up and as most people we did our homework with this kittery before the purchase. The owner honoured some of the vet bills that this has brought on, but not all of them. What a disaster it's been.

Will be a pleasure to confirm all of this with vet documents.
@nemo45 Hi,
I have a friend who bought a kitten from them...I believe it is a cat mill...my friend said the house where they picked the cat up stank of urine and feces, the owner Anna would not let them in the basement where they keep the cats and they were not allowed to meet the "parents"...I told her it all sounds like a cat mill to me...no doubt...can OPSCA get involved?
N  3rd of Apr, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Niaogian My friend bought a sphynx kitten from them. The baby boy was only 9 weeks old and weighted 1.1 lbs. He was sneezing and his eyes were leaking. He was so dirty that it took 4 baths to clean him. He had Mites in his ears. The kitten's mother was already pregnant again even if her last litter was 9 weeks old! It cost him $500 to test him and still waiting on the results... He wasn't aloud in the house, he had to stay at the door and the house smelled like urine and feces. She needs to be shut down!
N  5th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Mad as hell123 My cat was very smelly and dirty when i got her as well. She also doesn't behave the best..bites and chews up furniture. We hoped she would outgrow it but no luck!
D  3rd of Sep, 2016 by    -2 Votes
I to am a registered breeder and I have purchased kittens to breed from Kings of Siamese Cattery for about 10 year and have always had clean and healthy kittens. My cattery name is Maria Joao Cattery and my website is www.classicsiamese.com. When I don't have kittens availabvle I send my costumer to them. I always get a call back to thank me and to let me know they are very happy with their kittens. Kings of Siam puts a lot of time and money into their cats and kittens. I give them 5 stars! :)
N  12th of Jun, 2017 by    +2 Votes
@Maria Joao Cattery If you're recommending them, then I would probably say you're not a reliable breeder either. There is nothing "5 stars" about them.
N  20th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Kitten lover "clean amd healthy kittens"? excuse me.

Listen everyone. There is nothing clean and healthy about these cats. My cat smelled of urine and feces..took two baths to get the smell out. Healthy? um no. Opposite. My cat has a slew of health problems..some deadly. I doubt she will live long..the vet thinks her life will be short. By you posting your business name in association with these crocks just gives you a awful name.
A  2nd of Oct, 2016 by    +3 Votes
I was going to purchase a newfoundland puppy from these people. First off we arrived at the home and were horrified to see that the mom and dad were shaved. Any good newfoundland owner knows you never shave a newfoundland dog as their hair protects them from all the elements and what hair they did have was badly matted. They brought out two puppies for us to see. The puppies were so filthy and stunk like piss and poop. We stepped into the house to sign papers and give a deposit for one of the puppies who obviousy needed a good home and the stench in the house was out of this world. When we left we had to ride all the way home with the windows down due to the stench that was on our clothes from holding the puppies and immediately had to wash our clothes and selves soon as we got home. The day we went to pick up our puppy, i spotted anna through the window at her computer then she magically disappeared. She would not come and answer the door. We got an email at that time saying our puppy was not ready even though we had made arrangements prior to pick her up. A few days later we were told that she was ready and the morning we were going to pick her up again, we got an email that we were getting our deposit back. Likely because my husband and i were asking about proof of registration papers on the parents and the vet papers. These prople are the definition of back yard breeders. They are a complete joke and completely unprofessional. Maybe they should stick to cats because they know NOTHING about newfoundland dogs.
A  1st of Apr, 2017 by    +1 Votes
I have to agree with all of the above. When arranged to pick up our long-haired blue point Balinese kitten, but when we arrived they weren't ready for us and we had to wait almost 20 minutes for them to "figure out" which kitten was ours. The house stinks like nothing I have ever experienced. We didn't get to see the parents either. I think they treat the Sphynx cats better because they are actually allowed up where the people live, or at least a couple of the Sphynx cats. Be careful when you go up to the house, we also encountered the Newfoundlanders. I didn't think they would jump up because I figured they would have been trained not to considering their size. But I had one jump up on me which was pretty terrifying considering my size. The only good thing I would say is that they know their cat breeds.
When we got the kitten he was severely underweight. When I took him to the vet a couple days later I was concerned because he wasn't eating. The vet weighed him and he was 0.8 pounds! They told me he was 7.5 weeks old (still very young!), but was the size of a kitten who was AT MOST 5 weeks old. The last couple weeks have been incredibly stressful trying to get him up to weight because the vet put us on a strict feeding schedule of every 3-4 hours, where we were pretty much forcing him to drink kitten formula out of a bottle. Fortunately, I was able to stay home but I ended up missing an important trip to Ottawa. It was worth it because I finally got him to eat soft kitten food after two weeks on the bottle. He also had eye goop when we picked him up which developed into an eye infection. My experience with Kings of Siam has been incredibly disappointing. I still don't have my paperwork for the kitten. They are also severely overcharging for the Balinese kittens, which usually range from $600-$1000. Didn't realize that until afterwards. I also contacted the CCA to see if they were registered with them and the CCA rep told me they haven't registered any of their cats with them in years! Apparently you can register just cats and you don't have to be a registered breeder with them.
Issue resolved.
N  12th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Kitten lover Thought the issue got resolved - it didn't. Our kitten died after two weeks. It was traumatic for our family. They arranged to replace it and gave us the wrong breed - which we had to take back. This has been months of delays and screw ups on their part. I'm so disappointed and my family is crushed. If you can avoid dealing with these people, do it. There are other breeders in Waterloo and Minden that charge half the price for Balinese and aren't such horrible business owners.
N  20th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Kitten lover Why did you write Issue resolved? Did they also bully you into doing that? Im sorry to hear about your kitty...I also had a hell of a awful experience with them.
A  1st of May, 2017 by    0 Votes
I am collecting my thoughts and my records and when I am able I am going to tell my story along with my daughters and dealing with this breeder Anna and her husband. I am also a YouTuber and have been for years and I get thousands of views on my videos and I may be doing a video telling my story. What happened to me and my daughter during the time I was purchasing 2 Sphynx and a Himalayan that needed rehoming was disgusting. I also have FB groups were I have shared videos and posts on my experiences with these people. A lot isn't right here and I am going to see what I can do with my daughters help and her access at her work. I feel awful and dirty and ashamed that I had anything to do with them.
Issue has been resolved. Kings of Siam have reached out and made it right. I no longer have an issue.
N  5th of Jun, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Diane Handyside I would love to know your Youtube and facebook pages?
N  20th of Jun, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@annoncat Im sure they bullied you into writing that your issue is resolved. Wish more people would stand up to these awful people.
N  28th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
@annoncat Send me an email at catwmagick1@gmail.com where we can talk without eyes watching.
A  9th of Jun, 2017 by    0 Votes
We purchased a cat from this breeder. Our kitten, when we arrived had health issues that when we contacted the breeder, they said our cat could not have these. It must be due to another animal in the house or letting the cat outside. We do not own other animals, nor did we allow the cat out.

Our cat was very young, according to our Vet., to be fixed and also too small in weighed to be fixed. Our Vet., was very concerned for how our cat was handled. The only positive was the deworming meds., were good.

We saw many breeds at this house. I had assumed it would only be one breed. All of the females we saw, that were roaming, were pregnant. We could her many more cAte meowing. I am not sure where these cats were. The house smelled of urine and seemed a little unsanitary. I have no idea how many animals are allowed in one house, but seeing two dogs and many cats, they seem over the maximum quota for animals allowed to live in a home.

Buyer beware. I would really suggest doing your homework and maybe go elsewhere for a cat.
N  7th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have two cats from this cattery and am getting my third next week. I have been thrilled with my kittens who are now 2 and that is why I am getting a third, they know their cats very well.
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have purchased 3 kittens from Kings of Siam over the past several years. Yes Anna is very busy and at times forgetful, but aren't we all. I must say however that she has always taken care of me in a timely fashion. There is an odor in her house, but having 4 cats I know how fast it can smell in my house. Imagine a cattery! Remember that kittens cannot have clay or odor absorbing litter, it must be something that if a kitten were to ingest wouldn't be harmful, this could explain some of the smell. I have not had any health issues with the kittens I purchased nor were they under weight. Anna has always been very helpful when I wasn't sure. At any rate, I would recommend Kings of Siam. Not everyone will be happy, I am one of the people who are.
N  11th of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
@KFist Hi dr moshe
N  12th of Jul, 2017 by    +1 Votes
This is obviously either viv, anna or moshe posting. People don't come on a complaint board to post a positive review! Hopefully people will see through this glowing review and see it as fake!!!
N  28th of Sep, 2017 by    0 Votes
@annoncat No that review was not written by viv it is an actual buyer, however also please note viv doesn't work for or represent this company any longer
N  21st of Jul, 2017 by    0 Votes
These people have changed their name to hide out from all the bad reviews. I have some insider information. They may want to rethink more than just a name change. The new name is KOS Pets or, Kiss On Site Pets. All they care about is money. They have a smelly dirty home and they are nasty. They pretend to be nice while you are buying a puppy or kitten but after that look out. I think the woman cares more about her lip injections and botox than she does those poor animals. They are mostly kept away where you are not allowed to see where they are all kept. They bring the animal to you in a room with a blue couch that if you sit in it, you will need to wash your clothes as soon as you can to get the smell off. I am very suspicious really how many cats and kittens they have. From what a lot of us have been able to see and figure out, looks like their cats they keep pregnant constantly. Isn't their a min. amount of time you need to have in between litters. When you are there picking up a kitten to take home, the mother is already pregnant again. They have to be going against laws here. Too many cats/dogs/kittens/puppies in 1 house plus how many times and how quickly they keep getting pregnant. We need to get them investigated for the animals sakes please. All those with complaints at least call up anonymously. This is not right. People who spend all this money buying their animals should be able to see down in that basement. They are so secretive, why? What do they need to keep hiding?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree