Jyothi Gas / Overcharged LPG refills

1 India Review updated:

I am a consumer of Jyothi Gas, located at Wilson Garden near Lakkasandra,Bangalore. Whenever I go for for a LPG refill, I find that they've increased the price. Now the current price is Rs.550/-, almost double of the standard price prescribed by the govt. Every month there is an increase in the price. Also, the home delivery service is not proper. The dealer is always on the lookout for increasing the price.

Beware of this fraudulent dealer.

Thanks & regards,
A consumer

Ma

More Jyothi Gas Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Pa
      8th of Oct, 2007

I am the customer for Jyoti Gas agencies. Actually we have 2 cylinders. When we call them they be very rash with us. They dont send the cylinder early. If they take to send 1 cylinder 40 days. how the people can be. Please let me know the details

We have our agencies in Seshadripuram it is now shifted its becoming very difficult to us with the people .

• Ro
      25th of Oct, 2007

As a customer for Jyothi Gas (dealer based out of Begur Road, Near Silk Board), I must say I am thoroughly dissatisfied with the service. Despite high prices, they do not bother to replace a faulty regulator which leaks. I have contacted them several times since last week, when i purchased this regulator, but in vain. Currently I leave my exhaust fan and all kitchen windows open at all times of day and night. So much for the company's concern on consumer safety. I would like to add that if (God Forbid) something happens to me due to this insecure mechanism, I am holding Jyothi Gas, its promoters and the Begur Road Dealer responsible.

• Hi
      10th of May, 2008

I am the customer for Jyoti Gas agency on Airport Road. he is charging 640 /- per cylinder. No sure whether it is fair price or not. Last year the prices were around 550 /- a cylinder.

• Su
      7th of Jul, 2008

I am a customer of Jyothi gas in Koramangala 1st block . Now they say the cost is Rs 700 /-

• Mi
      11th of Jul, 2008

Hi,

I am a customer of Jyothi gas in near by Banaswadi, they charged 695+(20 delivery) today, two moths back that was only 600+15.
    Strange pricing$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.?????????

• Va
      17th of Sep, 2008

Hi,

I am a customer of Jyoyhi gas near Marathahalli, they are charged Rs 750. How can we know company price?

Regards,
    Varma Kalidindi.

• Am
      7th of Nov, 2008

what is the phone number of the jyoti gas agency located in marthahalli?

• Ta
      20th of Dec, 2008

Hi,
    Same problem in RT Nagar. They are charging Rs 720. How can I know what is the actual cost of the 14.5 KG Gas?

Regards,

• Su
      20th of Feb, 2009

If you have any complain about Jyoti Gas please contact to Jyoti Gas Bangalore Head Office No - 43404040

• Ni
      12th of Mar, 2009

I have also been over-charged by Jyothi Gas.

• Re
      31st of May, 2009

I've been taking jyoti gas 12.5 kg cylinder for the past 2 years from Lalitha gas agencies, madiwala. 6 months back they reduced the price to Rs.470 and now again it has been increased to Rs.550 (Rs.530 + Rs.20) service charge. Earlier they were not taking service charge. now they started taking Rs.20 delivery charge. When i took connection, i was told that they will be giving free home delivery. But now they have increased the price and started taking additional Rs.20. Is there any regulatory body or is there any facility to know about the exact price for jyoti gas ?

• Ar
      8th of Jul, 2009

I am a customer of Jyoyhi gas .Today i purchased 12 kg gas for Rs610 (575+35 home delivery charge). When my owner received the cylinder, the price tag was removed from the cylinder. I would like to know the actual price of 12 kg gas.

• Re
      18th of Aug, 2009

i am a customer of jyoti gas wilson garden...i want bo complen that this dealer asked me to pay RS 650 for 12 kg cylinder...this is too much so i quit subscribing jyoti gas...i prefer taking local gas...be care ful guys you are not going to have any customer in future..dont cot your own legs...

21st of Oct, 2009

i am a customer of jyothi gas wilson garden 7th cross dealer--i want to complain that this dealer is taken Rs 630 +Rs20 service for 12 kg cylinder from me, In the month they charged Rs580+20 for the same. The management should take care of retails price it should be standard for all dealers.

• Sh
      30th of Nov, 2009

Today

• Sh
      30th of Nov, 2009

Today i got one 17 kg cylinder in 920 + 30 rupees. There is no information on the website of jyoti gas about the price. How can i know the price for today?

• Kj
      7th of Dec, 2009

I am fed up with my Jyoti gas dealer (Satguru Gas Agency, HAL 2nd Stage, near ESI hospital). He was charging me Rs.650/- till last month. Today, (7th Dec 2009), he charged me Rs.720/-, stating that there is a price raise. I guess Jyoti gas company is taking advantage of the difficulty in Bangalore to get a new Indane/HP/Bharat Gas connections. If they are really concerned about staying in the business, they should standardize the prices across all their dealers. I understand that Jyoti gas is costlier than govt gas, due to the lack of govt subsidy, but no one would like to be cheated like this. This is utterly unacceptable.

• Ru
      19th of Jan, 2010
    Jyothi Gas - Increasing prices in every second month
    Ruchika Jasoria
    India

I am a consumer of Jyothi Gas, located at Bangalore. Whenever I ask for a LPG refill, I find that they've increased the price. Now the current price is Rs.650+20(Home Delivery Charges), just double of the standard price . Every month there is an increase in the price.

• Jy
      20th of May, 2010

im user of jyothi gas they charge 1000 rs for 17kg it was initially 900 for the same.

• Pr
      18th of Oct, 2010

iam a one of a customer of jyothi gas i brought my connection in hosur road the person gave me a good service after 6 months shifted my home to koramangala i went to nearest dealer that is manikanta enterprises near shiva theatre he gave me a good service for 1 st month & from second month he took my jyothi cylinder & he gave me a MVR gas cylinder when i asked him he told that jothi is very costly & they r not supplying the stocks properly to us so use MVR from next month we will provide jyothi gas & he played for 2 months & when i call him he will tell we have jyothi gas in stock cost is RS 660.00 u can come & collect after knowing that iam a old customer he replays me right now we dont have jothi u can collect MVR cylinder, & next with in 15 min i went to his office he told me we will get u the cylinder it will take
    1 hour & cost is RS 720.00 at the same time i called just dial i took the no of jyothi gas they gave me some 4 nos all the 4 nos are not working
    so please kindly give a perfect service & regester perfect nos in just dial & please do some thing for that dealer who is miss guiding the customer about jyothi gas if jyothi gas should improve they should take some actions on that kind of dealers...