Just Mortgage / Don't ever finance with them

I am a first time buyer and was so excited about the purchase of our first home. The buying process was going so smooth, until the underwriter from Just Mortgage, Inc. came in the picture. All documents that were required were submitted, and yet, the underwriter (Vicky Williams) insisted that we submit additional documents that were irrelevant to the loan. I would rather pay a higher interest rate, than deal with Just Mortgage, Inc. again. Closing of escrow was delayed by 4 days, and we were struggling where we were going to stay since we had already given notice to vacate the house we were renting. Please don't do business with Just Mortgage, Inc. Save yourself the trouble and the headaches, and find a different lender to finance or refinance your loan.

Va

More Just Mortgage Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Je
      30th of Sep, 2008

The underwriter from Just Mortgage is making our life a living hell. We started w/ the loan on July 20th, it is not Sept. 30th, and we still have NOT closed b/c they keep asking for ridiculous papers, even after they tell us we submitted everything. They're even asking for papers that literally DO NOT exist, such as student loan consolidation papers when the loans were never consolidated. They also require lower home insurance premiums, making our home insurance ridiculously high in Florida, which everyone knows is a state that already has ridiculously high premiums!! We had to be out of our rental on Sept. 15th, and have been living in the living room of a family member's since...and I am 5 months pregnant! They are the absolute worst and I would highly recommend running like mad in the opposite direction if you see them anywhere near your loan!

• Ta
      23rd of Jan, 2009

Don't do business with them. I locked 5.0% 30 year fixed mortgage with them on 1/8/2009 via my mortgage agent. I have everything signed and notarized on 1/13/2009. However they kept asking for documents that I already signed. After I re-signed the things they finally told me on 1/22/2009 that they could not honer the rate as the investor they intend to sell the mortgage to are having problem.

• We
      3rd of Jul, 2015

I was doing business with haart estate agent when i was advised to meet with the Just Mortgage broker. Shortly thereafter my nightmare started! Even though i was provided a written quotation of the mortgage and interest rate we will apply for, including information on the high standard their advisors work towards. Nothing could be further from the truth. I was told repeatidly that even after i signed the fees form that no money will be taken until the mortgage was granted and i was satisfied. However when i discoverd that the interest rate was much higher that i was told in our first meeting and i cancelled the mortgage application within a week it was then that i deiscovered that the advisor had already took money out of my account. When i complained to his manager i was told that the practice was to take the fees after mortgage was granted, however this was never put in writing which he denied.
    I dont know about Just mortgage as a company but i would say that Thomas Atley is an unprinciple person who's goal is to take your money even when no service is provided. His reasurance that he will work in a professional manner is only said to gain one's trust, please dont believe him.
    I'm in the process of trying to get my £1000 return to me, please watch this space!