John Casablancas Modeling / They are a scam

I had taken the basic Modeling with Barbizon in 1984 and Professional Modeling with Refine in 1995. I was a student a John Casablanca’s in Longwood FL in 2007 to refresh what I have learned years ago. Except for the first class instructor, the rest of the instructors had no interest on what they were teaching. In one of the class the young instructor spent most of the class text messaging with a friend and the girls in the class were lost on what they needed to do. In other class the instructor spend most of the class talking about her self that teaching the subject. In the color matching class, we were never color matched. It was a total waste of money and time.

Va

More John Casablancas Modeling Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• El
      22nd of Aug, 2010

I have heard similar complaints against them! I've been a working model, and a JC "scout" approached me at a store one day, telling me about my potential!
    They called me several times, leaving me messages about their "modeling agency"
    Seriously, I already knew it was a red flag.
    What legit agency would be so desperate to offer so much so soon? (Of course, I didn't tell them I was a working model)
    Do not be naive to fall for their bag of tricks. Not me!!
    Please, do not ever do "business" with these people. They are not a modeling agency.
    More like etiquette classes with promises of allure.

• Pi
      1st of May, 2011

I graduated from the John Casablanca school in Tulsa, OK and I DID learn a lot, the teachers were very caring and knew their stuff, and I have gotten paid jobs in the industry as a result of those 20 classes. It was worth the money in my opinion. Plus, all students who graduate after the 20 lessons get to attend the school for FREE for the next 3 YEARS!! There are about 6 or 7 teachers at the Tulsa school so you ususally get a different teacher each time you go who gives you new and different information and in their unique style. There are both men and women teaching, and they are all alot of fun, they make the classes interesting and FUN. I now model in both runway shows and in print. I also have been in 3 films and 2 commercials. I loved John Casablancas and made friends there who I meet with at each other's homes or wherever to practice photo shoots and film skits. FUN!!!