JK Harris / False advertisement!

This company took our money and did nothing for us. They will not speak with us or refund our money. What they offer is free at IRS. IRS will assist you in whatever you need. If you don't go to IRS NOW you will end up later going to them, because this company almost caused me to lose my home and my tax debt doubled.

Pay no attention to their advertisement!

Comments

Jb
  8th of Nov, 2007

R Warren,

We are unable to find you in our client records since you did not list your full name or a customer ID number and I am therefore unable to investigate to see what has go on in your case. Please contact us directly at clientmessages@jkharris.com so that we may further investigate your case. We would like to offer our continued assistance in getting you a resolution to your tax problems. It is our goal to give you excellent customer service.

Ro
  7th of May, 2008

I used JK Harris and had the same thing basically happen. I was told I would get a case consultant when I sent my info in. I overnighted it! A month later my JK Harris salesperson wont call me back, and I still had no case consultant. I was blessed enough to have the money to pay off the IRS myself, and fired JK Harris. I asked for a full refund since I was never contacted, and a month later I get a letter in the mail that they were only going to give me $600 of my $1400 I had paid them for doing absolutley nothing. I recommend going to the state board in which you live and file a complaint. They may have gotten my money but it will cost them much more in the long run since I do not appreciate thieves! Run from JK Harris. I will post on every complaint board I find about them. Thanks JK Harris for stealing my families money that I work hard for.

Fr
  13th of Jun, 2008

Same experiance here waste of time and money. Used both their tax service and credit service you could not get anyone on the phone, yes they called but if you missed the call forget about getting in contact with anyone. No explanation of what you were doing with them other than a letter listing that they needed a variety of information.

This is a mass market service forget about individual assistence they throw the basic forms at the IRS and let the chips fall were they may.

Should have thought about using yahoo search to file a complaint sometime ago.

Ke
  16th of Jun, 2008

I have experienced similar problems with JK Harris. I first contacted them in 2003 about a dispute with the IRS over a 1996 filing. They assured me they could and would solve this matter, then asked for $400.00 which I gave them. During this time I had made several attempts by phone to discuss the process of my case. All I got was the run around call this # or that # much to my surprise these ## were always in some another state. It is now 2005 and NOTHING HAD BEEN DONE. I filled a complaint with the ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE, [ wrong place to ask for help]. So I then go to a local tax person showed them my return filling with in 30 days the matter was solved, and I was charged $100.00. I thank GOD for the honest people that remain. It is now 2008 five years has passed and I have yet to hear from JK HARRIS, they are not even aware of the status of my case. They must make a great deal money form their TV advertisements every year, or they would not continue every year at tax time.THINK ABOUT THIS, $400. x 10, 000=$4, 000, 000or more each tax season. Before I retired, I was a business man for many years, and govern by the state License board, also required to be bonded, as well follow the rules of our association. If a complaint was ever filed the state would be on your case before the ink dried. I am searching for an answer that would make either the STATES or FEDERAL GOVERNMENT bring these rip of artist accountable to those consumers they are doing business with. IF YOU have any thoughts on this matter please fell free to contact me. We could collectively fill a class action suite. I know of an attorney that could be interested.

Je
  22nd of Jul, 2008

My experience with JK Harris has been a succession of worst-case scenarios.

My case specialist doesn't have the communication skills of a 6th grader.

I have zero confidence in JK Harris and I'm representing myself with the IRS now.

I have paid JK Harris more than $7000 and it has accomplished absolutely nothing.

Br
  7th of May, 2009

After paying JK Harris $3000, I received an IRS allowance of $700. I guess it is all I deserve! Not a real smart trade on my part. I was uninformed and somewhat misled (bullied) by JK Harris in that their sales person assured me that I would get everything back from the IRS (over $13k). Be sure you fully understand what you are paying for when you get involved with them. I do not want to blame them full, but it is easy to hate the IRS especially in some offices where they take great pride in screwing the public. I asked them for a partial discount on the $3k, but that was not possible they said!

travelman1939@yahoo.com if you wish to comment or discuss.

Je
  15th of Oct, 2009

Everytime I hear the TV Ad for JK Harris I cringe. They didn't save us money, they cost us money and time and we almost had a lean put on our home while they took their time and didn't return calls. In the end, we paid the Tax bill with interest and they didn't earn a penny of their fee!

Jeri & Richard from Fredericksburg VA (this is where we lived at the time of this event)

Mi
  10th of Jan, 2010

I hired JK Harris for State of Michigan (OIC) offer in compliance agreement for the state to accept less than i owed them. Consultant Stube took my $1, 750.00 and said he would work on it right away. Three months later he calls me in the office to sign the (OIC) documents: Stube had me sign federal IRS (OIC) documents not the state. My problem was not with the Federal IRS, it was with the state. Later i found out the State of Michigan has no Offer in Compromise agreement. I asked JK Harris for a full refund since they are unable to help me, they say its a 60 day refund process that is not guaranteed. JK Harris is a master at Bait & Switch tactics. (Don't use there fraudulent services)

Be
  25th of Jan, 2011

I just got through my tax nightmare! I avoided this company by doing research before deciding on someone to represent me. The problem is they take your money before getting a clear picture on your situation with the IRS. Companies like Tax Relief Foundation conduct an investigation first. This is the only honest way to conduct business in this arena. Both you and your representation have realistic expectations. I would recommend them to my parents. That says a lot.