ITV / Kevin Trudeau Weight Loss Book / Unauthorized credit card charges!

My wife ordered the Kevin Trudeau weight loss book on 8/12. She was charged 14.95 for the book, 9.95 for shipping and 9.95 for express shipping. Here are the complaints:

1. The book cost 14.95 and the shipping cost more than the book.

2. The book was ordered on 8/12 and was delivered by UPS on 8/28. 16 days after the order. Is that express?

3. We want to return the book and cannot contact customer service. We want all our monies back.

4. On 9/13 we were charged $19.90 on our credit card from ITV which was not authorized and had to report it to our bank which is investigating.

Beware people!

Va

Comments

Na
  2nd of Oct, 2007

I order the weight loss cure and another book on 9/2/2007 and have yet to recive my order it has been alomost one month now and i have tried numerous times to contact itv by email and toll free but i have not been able too.....i checked with my bank and they were sure to take my money on time
"WHERE IS MY ORDER?"

Ca
  2nd of Oct, 2007

The bottom line is that Kevin Trudeau, ITV Ventures, Shop America, Direct Marketing Concepts are thieves to put it politely.

I only wish I had known about the numerous complaints that had been filed, including the FTC judgment against Kevin. I NEVER would have purchased that joke of a book "Weight Loss Cure".

They have my money. I DON'T have my book. Out of the 5 telephone numbers I have called I still can't get anyone to cancel my book order and refund my money!

An
  9th of Oct, 2007

I order 3 books that I don't even want and cannot get in touch with customer service to have them stop charging my credit card for a newsletter I do not want. When I call the 800 # I am put on hold waiting for a representative that never answers! I'm not sure where to do from here. I check with my credit card company and they can't block the charge.

Ol
  2nd of Nov, 2007

I ordered the rice n shine product from itv ventures. I too, paid for express shipping, yet it took five weeks to get here. I then discovered that they put me on auto-ship; for which I did not sign up for. Because of that I received a bounce check charge from my bank (I only keep a small amount of money in that account for certain things). I finally got a hold of 'customer service' - got a reference no. sent it back--they have their product back, and I still have not been refunded after 5 weeks. I also think they owe me $29.00 for the bounce check charge. I have ordered other products, such as think and lose (which has amazing customer service) without any problem.

Beware people!

Mi
  14th of Nov, 2007

Beware!!!

ITV is a SCAM!!!

They proclaim that you can sit at home and answer incoming orders at your own time and convenience.

What a bunch of bull.

First-off you have to PAY for the incoming calls ($5-25) per call. Then after you've deposited hundreds of dollars in the account in order to receive the calls, you can't even schedule the time to receive the calls.

In other words, YOU CAN"T ANSWER INCOMING CALLS for their products! The only time available for answering incoming calls is to PUSH THE BUSINESS of signing up new IBO'S or Individual Business Owners.

There is no residual income possible if sll you're doing is signing up other order takers that can't take orders!

Ja
  16th of Nov, 2007

This is the scoop - ITV promises residual income taking inbound calls from home of products aired on their infomercials. The package that they push to purchase is $499 and does includes around 15 products that you are stuck with. A lot of these same products (different brand names) can be found at vitamin/health stores at a lower price, by the way. Then you are placed on a monthly auto shipment of $129/mo + S/H + tax. It's quite expensive. This includes their so-called training cd's and more products. Then it is $59/mo. to take the inbound calls and around $20-25 per call credit. ITV touts this program as "simple," and "anyone can do it." You do need to have a good amount of sale experience to do this, so that is a lie right there. Additionally, you cannot schedule the shows, only the business opportunities, unless you would like to wake up at 2 a.m. and take calls. Most of the schedule is the biz opportunity. When taking calls, if a caller is not interested or doesn't have the money (the product prices ARE NOT displayed on the shows) then you lose your call credit. Hang-up and prank calls and Canadian calls are all eligible for call credit refunds, however; ITV completely ignored about $100 worth of call credits after I repeatedly submitted requests. There are numerous technical difficulties and inferior customer service. ITV claims it works alongside its "business owners", however, they are not supportive and in fact quite rude when you call in for help. Bottom line, there are plenty of other opportunities out there to take advantage of. And yes, ITV is an MLM, even though they say that that is just a component of the business. You are pressured to sign up new IBO's and on their adverts they claim you don't have to do this. Stay away from ITV!

He
  25th of Nov, 2007

On the ITV plug for his book on Weight Loss, he says all you have to do is get this one thing over the counter. It doesn't even mention anything over the counter, it talks about high dollar shots. If Hollywood people are doing it, then why do most of them lose by diet and exercise. They could afford this miracle cure. I saw the original book after and he endorsed coconut oil, Digestive enzymes, vinegar, and yerba mate tea. So what's the 1 thing over the counter that is suppose to work. He originally endorsed Atkins and now all these other products which he is getting a kick back from or he wouldn't be able to mention them in his books. What a millionaire from fraud.

St
  4th of Dec, 2007

First off, the ITV products cannot all be found at lower prices in health stores. The only product you may find is Sea Vegg.
Secondly, I work for ITV and have found the company to be extremely professional.

The complainers need to realize just how new and revolutionary this home business concept is. You can start a business at home taking live calls from TV viewers who call in to order products.

We have only been taking live calls for 6 months! The company is great, the business model is unique , and the concept works. I am accumulating new customers every week and building residual income. Get ready for this company to explode.

St
  22nd of Dec, 2007

I joined ITV a month ago and I am having a blast taking calls from home. You have to work hard at learning the script and rebuttals, but every day I get better and better at it. I have no commute, no boss, and I am building residual income for my kids tuitions. Joining ITV was the best choice I ever made!

Sh
  29th of Dec, 2007

I have now read NUMEROUS complaints against Kevin Trudeau (by customers) including sanctions made on him by the U.S. government Federal Trade commission for reckless and false advertising. The FTC reports that Kevin Trudeau has been manufacturing some of the products he proclaims to be cures in his books. It's no wonder the books are free. He has been required to pay fines of at least $500,000 and keep an escrow account for reimbursement for future claims against him. See website, "Quackwatch." I remember when he was on QVC or another home shopping network for Atkins products. I almost made the purchase today..the customer service person told me the books were excellent. I asked if she had read them. She said no d/t time constraints but that she will be....I had read the book a little in the Health food store and wasn't too impressed...but the infomercial was soooo mesmerizing. After giving her my credit card number, my gut told me not to do it. And now from this website, I have learned that the customer service rep has been charged anywhere from $5-25 for my call. This is outrageous. There are so many complaints on being overcharged repeatedly on so many complaint websites against Kevin Trudeau. Many of the customers are disabled and on fixed incomes. It seems like this is the true All American Scam. It's Barnum and Bailey's, "a sucker born every minute," approach. Kevin Trudeau seems to be hitting us where it hurts~our worries and concerns over our health issues. And it seems like he knows every loophole in business law in the book...when he gets caught on one thing, he goes in for the kill through another way. Buyer Beware. Very Aware....

Ha
  14th of Jan, 2008

I cannot get through to the billing department to cancel whatever service I am being billed 9.95 per month for??? I never signed up for anything, nor did I consent to anything to be charged to my account!

I am reporting my complaint to the better business bureau, also the federal trade commision, and my credit card company. There has to be a way to cancel these charges?

Fr
  15th of Jan, 2008

ITV and Kevin Trudeau are thieves. I ordered three books in March 2007 after watching Kevin's informercial. I authorized a one-time charge (that included S&H) to my credit card for the books. I was adamant about not being charged for, or receiving anything other than the books. (I believe the call was taped so there should be a record.) ITV billed unauthorized charges to my credit card from April to November 2007, for a Newsletter that I did not request.

I contacted my credit card company to dispute the charges. To make a long story short, the cardholder service supervisor said that I was "ignorant," and there was nothing the bank could do, because I did not contact them sooner. Needless to say, I have cancelled my credit card, which was in good standing prior to ordering Kevin Trudeau's books, via ITV.

Buyer Beware!

Sp
  5th of Jun, 2008

I hate to burst your bubbles, but alot of the complaints against ITV Ventures are true. I was an IBO a number of months back. When you sign up, you pay the $498.00 for joining. There's an ongoing monthly charge thereafter of another $90 for training and to be able to take calls. What they intentionally leave out is that you will need to continue (often) to replenish the kitty in order to take calls. Bottom line, you do pay $5-25 per call. They're really smart. They make this business walk and talk like a duck, but it's not a duck. It's a scam. Yes, I did make a little income, but my expenses far outweighed the income. The person above is right. It's more about getting people in the business. The product calls (which are far and few between) are the hook point. It looks legit, and not like other MLM's out there, but it's not. It's just a fresh new way of packaging a scam. You're better off buying into a franchise that's well know. I've learned my lesson. If it sounds too good to be true, it is!